Prologue

I spy love (Hiatus)

“JongIn, your dad wants to talk to you, come over for dinner today” Kai’s mum said over the phone. He knew it was something to do with his uncle’s death. He drove over to his parent’s and his older brother’s house… no, mansion in less than 10 minutes since it wasn’t that far away. He knocked on the door and his brother, Hyunki opened it. “You’re here” Hyunki greeted and let his younger brother into the house. Kai’s mum ran up to him and gave him a big welcome hug. “I think you have another job from your dad…” She sighed. Kai nodded and went to the study room to find his dad. He arrived and knocked on the door. “Come in, JongIn” his dad said. He took a deep breath, opened the door and walked in.

“As you probably figured by now, you have another job” Kai’s dad said with a serious face. Kai sat down and listened carefully. “I want you to find out more about Na Chihoon, the person who is a big suspect of killing your uncle” his dad explained every word carefully, especially the name ‘Na Chihoon’. Kai slightly nodded. “What do you want me to do?” He asked his dad. “I know his daughter, Na Miyun, goes to the same school as you, same year as you and she even has a few classes with you” His dad said. “Oh no… this time, someone from my own school” he thought sarcastically. He knew his dad was proud of him, especially the success of his first two jobs. He knew his dad was proud of him but… for some reason, deep down in his heart, he felt… guilty. He’s hurt more people than he thinks he has, not physically but he’s hurt their feelings. He focused back to his dad. “I want you to become friends with his daughter and know more about her family.” His dad continues. Kai nods.

He was practically used to his name, Kai now, no-one in the school knows his real name, the only people who knows his name is his family. “Thank you, JongIn” his dad said. “You still remember the rules, right?” His dad asked. “Of course, never reveal my own secret and never ever fall in love” He repeats what his dad had told him before. “Good, I’m proud of you, son” His dad smiled.

He remembers you, he knows that his brother, Hyunki and you are close friends but he kept silent when he was with his dad. He walks back downstairs with heaps of thoughts in his mind. How was he even supposed to suddenly meet you? He runs his hands through his hair roughly in frustration because of a reason he doesn’t know. “How did it go?” His mum asked while setting up the table ready for dinner. “You were right, another job for me” Kai answered. “Who is it this time?” Hyunki asked. “None of your business” Kai answered coldly to his brother. He doesn’t know why he’s cold to his brother, but he and his brother never got along since the start so he doesn’t really think about it. “Don’t be so rude to your brother” His mum half scolded. He’s always respecting his mum, probably because she’s the only one he could talk to. “Your friend, Na Miyun” He answered his brother again.

“What? She’s your target this time?” Hyunki asked Kai sarcastically, already knowing the answer. Hyunki was getting pissed. He didn’t like people hurting his friends, but this time it was his own brother, what is he even supposed to do? Kai and Hyunki’s mum sensed the tense atmosphere and tried to break it. “C-come on guys! Time for dinner, we are having roast chicken tonight!” She said excitedly and walked to the kitchen to bring out the food. As Hyunki walked passed Kai to get to the dining room, he stopped next to Kai with an angry face on him. “Do not touch a single hair on her, or you’re dead! I don’t care if you’re my brother or not” He said angrily. Of course Hyunki didn’t mean it. He cared for Kai a lot, but he really didn’t want to see you hurt.

Their dad still had work to finish and wasn’t able to eat dinner with them. Hyunki noticed the cheeky grin on his mum’s face. “Do you want to ask me something?” He asked his mum. His mum nodded. ”Who’s Miyun? Do you like her?” His mum asked. Hyunki almost spat out the food he was eating. “No! Not at all! She’s a close friend, nothing else!” He denied, but his mum knew it all and she kept that cheeky grin on her face. “If you didn’t like her, then why did you get so angry?” Their mum continued, meaning the incident that happened a few minutes ago. “B-because she’s my friend!” He blushed. “Do you want to do my job?” Kai suddenly asked. That was meant to be a joke to tease his brother but the atmosphere became serious again. “Why did you not reject him?” Hyunki asked seriously. It was silent again. “You two never get along” Kai heard his mum whisper. She let out a loud sigh.

They finished dinner and Kai went back to his apartment. The apartment was quiet, quiet enough for him to think. He knew Hyunki would never forgive him if he hurts your feelings. He seriously did not know what to do, so he went to sleep early to get some rest, ready for tomorrow.

♥ ♥ ♥

The prologue's boring, right? I know, I know... I'll try to make it more interesting and also update my other fanfics. I can't believe I only found out this amazing person called Kai! Hongki's still my bias but Kai's like a cm behind himxD so I decided to write a fanfic dedicated to Kai even know he most likely won't read it>.< anyways... ENJOY!