Angel smile

Live Within the Memory

 

I wonder if you’re also hurting like me

I wonder if you’re also crying like me

I wonder if you also spend all day like this

Living in memories, just like me

 

Minhyuk’s POV

Here I am and Seohyun, at her favorite restaurant. She loves to eat pasta and I know it so well. She didn’t like the creamy one, so she just had the simple Aglio Olio spaghetti with a lot of Chili pepper on it. I love to see how she eat happily everytime we come here together. To be honest, I love her. I know it sounds like I’m the bad guy here, I never tell her what happened to Yonghwa and I know I should have told her since couple years ago, but my promise to him make me shut my mouth tightly. I truly understand that she still cannot forget about him and I cannot do anything about it, because it’s her heart and I cannot force her to love me back.

I eat my pasta without appetite, I kept thinking about that man. Seohyun said he has similar face with Yonghwa. Did he back? Did the surgery succeed?  Maybe I should meet that man and makes myself sure.

“What are you thinking?” Seohyun asked.

“Hmm? Oh.. aniya.. it’s nothing” I smiled at her and started to eat more.

“He was at the meeting too.. Chris..” She spoke softly.

“What is he doing there?” I asked curiously.

“He is the new shareholders…” She nodded.

“Maybe we should meet him together?” I suggested.

“Are you sure?” She asked once more.

“Hmm yeah, why would I not sure about it? You said he has similar face with Yonghwa?”

“I will call you, when I’m meeting him again.. are you finish eating? I have to go to the photoshoot now”

“Alright.. come on” I sipped my drink and pay for the bill

“If you’re busy, I can go there by myself.”

“I’m not busy, hyunnie” I smiled at her.

We’re heading to the Downtown Seoul where the Photoshoot take place and say farewell to each other and decided to go to Raindrops Café.

End of POV

 

--c---c---c—

 

Chris’s POV

“Hyung...” Jungshin greet me the moment I get into his café.

“Hi, Can I get a cup of hot chocolate?” He said and sat down on one of the couches near the window.

“Sure, I’m going to make the special one for you” Jungshin smiled and walked behind the counter.

I was about to open the magazine when someone approaching me.

“May I sit here?” He asked and I just nodded, I don’t have any other choice anyway.

“Hyung.. here is your hot chocolate.. Minhyuk, do you want some too?” Jungshin asked.

“Thanks…” I took the cup and sipped from it a little.

“Oh hyung, this is minhyuk.. minhyuk this is Chris hyung..” He said and smiled at both of them.

I held out my hand and he shook it lightly. He then sat back on the couch across me.

“Can I help you?” I asked while Jungshin went back to the counter to make another cup of hot chocolate for his friend.

“It just, your face… it’s similar to my long lost friend..” He explained.

“And? What is your intention? Maybe it just a coincidence..” I shrugged.

“Maybe it was..” He smiled.

“Are we friends before? Sorry, but I can’t remember…”

“We are, we are best friends actually… sorry but have you gone through any surgeries before?” He asked curiously.

“Maybe we are best friends before, but you are strangers to me now and I shouldn’t talk about my private life with strangers, don’t you think?” I said. I didn’t get it why he really eager to know about my past.

“I’m sorry, but it really matters to me.. you can’t remember anything about your past? Even about the important person in your life?” He said again.

“I don’t know what your problem is, but I’m done talking to you…” I stood up and left the café.

Why he act weird and asked those questions. I do remember I’ve been through a brain surgery, but after that I cannot recall any of my memories before that. I don’t know who I really am, I just know my name and the fact that my parents died. But I think it was enough for me. But, since Seohyun come into my life. My thought has been changed, I need to know who I really am, my true identity. And now this Minhyuk asking me about my surgery, he must know something about me. Maybe I should stay and let him talk more. I don’t know. My head hurts now; it’s blurry. I can see a girl smiling at me, her smile is like an angel, so soothing, so calming, but her face… I can’t see her face; the sunshine is too bright… then all dark.

End of POV

 

--c---c---c—

 

Seohyun’s POV

Finally the photoshoot ends. I tried hard to focus and pushed away all the thought about Yonghwa and Chris. I looked at my watch, it’s 5pm. It’s my time to go to Raindrops and have a cup of hot chocolate. I can imagine the taste of relaxing now. I smiled and walked to the café, luckily it just a couple blocks from here. I stuffed the earphone on my ear and played my favorite song. I almost there when I saw someone unconscious on the sidewalk, It’s Chris. I panicked and screamed for help.

Someone pulled over and immediately got off from the car. It’s his assistance, I’m relieved now. He brought him to the hospital and I decided to follow them. I didn’t know what I’m thinking, but I’m worried about him. He is a stranger to me now, but how come the feeling is still there. “He isn’t Yonghwa, wake up hyunnie” My inner sides keep telling me that.

“How is he?” The guy asked me, since I’m the one with Chris at the back seat.

“He still unconscious, I’m Seohyun” I said.

“I know you, we’ve met on the meeting and I’m Jonghyun by the way”

“is the hospital still far?”

“No.. We almost there”

They brought him to the emergency room and here I am, with Jonghyun.

“I hope he will be okay… is he often..” Before I could continue my sentence, Jonghyun cut it and told me that he didn’t know since Chris lives all alone. I nodded.

The doctor came out from the room and said that Chris is awake now, but he must be hospitalized for one day to make sure everything is okay. Jonghyun and I nodded and listen carefully to it.

I told Jonghyun I will come again tonight and gave him my number in case he needs something. I called Minhyuk and told what happened. He seemed a bit cold to me, I don’t know why. But I don’t want to think about it, maybe he’s busy. I went back home and lied on my bed, fell asleep.

End of POV

 

--c---c---c—

 

Chris’s POV

I opened my eyes and the first thing I see was the bright light on the ceiling, I closed my eyes again for a while. I don’t know where I am, what happened to me. I don’t remember anything but the smile of a mysterious girl. Who is that girl?

“Hyung.. are you okay now?”

“Where am I?”

“Hospital, you were unconscious.. Seohyun-ssi found you on the street and lucky I were acrossing that street as well, so here you are..” He explained.

“Where is she now?”

“Going home, why?”

“No.. it just I want to thank her.. and thank you to you too”

“It’s nothing hyung, compare to your help for me” He grinned.

“Can we go home now?”

“No… you can go home tomorrow hyung, after the doctor makes sure you are okay”

“I’m fine.. tell the doctor I want to go home now”

“But..”

“No but, just tell them I wanna go home now”

“A..Arasseo..” He sighed.

I’m home now and looking at my phone, I asked for Seohyun’s number from Jonghyun. I wanted to thank her for her help today, but I’m not sure whether I should call her or not. But, finally I encourage myself to call her. I dialed her number and waited.

“Yobuseyo..” She said.

“….. Yobuseyo…” I paused for a moment before answering.

“Who is this?” She asked again.

“It’s Chris..”

“Oh, can I help you? Are you alright? Are you still in the hospital?” I can hear her worried tones.

“I’m home now, I hate hospital to be honest.. Anyway, Thank you for your help” I softly spoke.

“It’s nothing, Chris-ssi, don’t mention it.. but why are you at home?”

“The doctor said I’m fine..”

“But, that’s not what I heard this afternoon”

“But, I’m home now..”

“Arasseo.. take care, Chris-ssi”

“Thank you once again…”

“Do you need anything? Have you eaten?”

“I haven’t…”

“Tell me your address..”

“No, it’s okay..  I already tell Jonghyun to buy me food”

“Are you sure? Okay then..”

“Goodbye..”

“Bye.. just call me if you need anything..” She said and ended up the call.

My head hurts again; I massaged it a little bit and finally fell asleep on the couch. I woke up in sudden and my body covered with a cold sweat. I saw her again, but still her face is unclear. Am I crazy? Why this dream started to come again, it’s been a while since I’ve got this kind of dream. That green grass, windy weather and rainy day, that smile… that angelic smiles... I think I’m insane.

End of POV

 

chapter 5's song ----->