Part 009

My Boyfriend Is A Dragon

 

 

Chapter 009

 

 

 

They say love is breath taking that it suffocates you.

 

 

Well Chanyeol thinks love is really suffocating. Like literally.

 

“Urgh,” Chanyeol grunted, placing his hands on the fine strong arms that wraps around his waist tightly as ever. Chanyeol here had woken up by the lack of breathing, only to find himself in Kris's arms. Since when did Kris sleep next to him anyway? Chanyeol tried to pull away the arms but failed to do so as Kris snuggles Chanyeol closer, until his face was on Kris's chest. He could feel Kris flinched a little when the alarm clock rang. Chanyeol snickered at the reaction.

 

“So much for being a hottie, he flinched like a litt – oh my, yah!” Chanyeol slaps the hand that touched his . He puffed his cheeks, trying to hold back his urge to get his baseball bat and hit Kris so hard – as in seriously hard and painful that no bones are left in one piece.

 

But oh no.

 

Park Chanyeol here can't do that thankfully because of the strong arms that held onto him like he's some kind of a colorful candy and Kris acts like a kid who stubbornly wants the candy. But wait – Kris doesn't like candy. Let's scratch that and repl –

 

“Eww disgusting!”

 

Chanyeol shrieked and covered his wet by saliva right cheek. He cast a sharp frowning look at the man hugging him. Kris smirked and stuck out his tongue before snuggles himself with Chanyeol still in his embrace, only to earn another shout from the latter.

 

“Hey don't just snuggle me like that! I'm suffocating here! Hey!”

 

“Hush, my love.”

 

And Chanyeol has this urge to bite that annoying finger sealing his lips. The young lad remembered what day today was, and it was none other than, a freaking Sunday. What was it that made Chanyeol cringed every time he see the red mark on Sunday in his calendar? Well apparently Sunday is the day of the trio’s weekly ritual; Shopping.

 

And reality check, Chanyeol was never fond of shopping. He never was, except for books shopping. Or maybe he can consider about manhwa shopping. But the point is that shopping is a no go for Park Chanyeol. He hates the mall, he hates the peasants shopping there, he hates the staffs, he hates the goods sold there (except books and manhwa and games) and most of all, money vacuum Tao.

 

Sometimes he wonders how Tao can live with a life of up people’s wallet or how Baekhyun can live up with him. Whatever the reason is, Chanyeol decided to not know. He rather not knows than hearing Tao brags about having a nice and cute boyfriend.

 

Yeah… well, now Chanyeol feels a tiny bit envious.

 

A nice and cute boyfriend, just like Baekhyun. A boyfriend (or a girlfriend) who would feed him with cakes with no shame, play around with his hair then apologized before fixing it up and ride on bicycle as they stroll the park.

 

Then Chanyeol remembered something- or someone…

 

“Phoenix, I’m hungry,”

 

He got himself a boyfriend who is actually an aggressive, arrogant looking and trouble making dragon who stole his fist kiss with no willing permission what so ever.

 

“Feed yourself with your foot,” He huffed and locked himself in the bathroom, leaving a pitiful looking baby dragon in his bed. At least, Kris is hot. That’s a ten point to have.

 

Chanyeol sighed as he let the cold water run down his skin, taking a squirt of strawberry shampoo (I think it’s his mother’s) and paste it all over his now orange hair. He then unconsciously hummed a song that has been stuck in his mind for a while as he cleans up his hair with the running water. Chanyeol was in fact enjoying his time that he did not noticed something was weird. It was then he felt something was staring at him at his side so he opened his eyes.

 

“WHAT THE HELL YOU STUPID HOBO HOW CAN YOU GO IN AND JUST WATCH ME SHOWER?!”

 

Maybe five minus points for Kris because there is no such thing as the word ‘Innocent’ in his vocabulary.

 

 

 

It was almost ten, the time when Chanyeol knows Baekhyun and Tao will come barging into his house with riffles and kidnap him out from the house. It was bad enough that his parents are away, so those two can have more golden opportunity to torture him and – Wait…

 

Chanyeol froze still with his eyes became as big as a baseball.

 

“Wufan,”

 

Kris looks up from Chanyeol’s comic books with a questioning look. “What, you love my name? Ah yes, I know my name is really something so y to hear so how about it –,”

 

“I’m dead,”

 

“What?” The dragon frowned. “Why are you dead? Someone killed you? No worries, I’ll do some vengeance,”

 

And Chanyeol burst into tears, making Kris panicked with the unexpected reaction. The dragon lord tried to calm down him but failed miserably and it makes him scared like hell. He placed his hands on Chanyeol’s shoulders and shook it continuously, snapping Chanyeol back to his senses.

 

“I don’t want to look too gay in front of their eyes!”

 

“What?”

 

~*~

 

“Hey Park Chanyeol!” There was the familiar voice calling his name right in front of his doorstep. Although Chanyeol haven’t yet opened the door or check at the window who was it, he already knew that it was Byun Baekhyun. That instantly made him panicked again and he looked over at Kris who was slouching on his bed, reading a last month issue magazine.

 

“You,” He points to Kris, gaining attention from the latter. Then he moved his finger to the door of the bathroom and said, “Go inside and do not under any circumstances go out from there unless I tell you so.”

“Why?” Kris asked, eyebrows frowning.

“You love me, right?” The dragon descendant nodded his head as a reply to Chanyeol’s question. “So do what I tell you to and hide there.”

“No.” The latter deadpanned before continuing back reading the magazine (he’s just looking at the pictures, really) and ignores Chanyeol for a moment even when the human boy kept on poking his knees. In the background he could hear unfamiliar voices calling out his mate’s name and he wondered if they were the ones who made his Chanyeol cried. Remembering the incident earlier, he thought about how sad Chanyeol will be. He looked up to see what Chanyeol feeling at that moment was and he looked frustrated. He feels a tad guilty at that sight.

“Should I really hide in there?”

“Yes!” Chanyeol exclaimed desperately and grinned widely when Kris stood up, walking towards the bathroom with the magazine in hand.

“You owe me a kiss later, remember that Human Boy,” Kris mumbled, halfheartedly close the door of the bathroom because he really likes Chanyeol’s bed a lot and it’s cold in the bathroom. The last thing he saw before the door fully closed was Chanyeol waving him and gave a thumb up, lips curved up with a wide smile. At least he doesn’t look pitiful right now, Kris thought.

The moment he hears the Click sound that indicates the bathroom is locked, Park Chanyeol immediately rushed his way towards the front door which was furiously banged a lot of times by Baekhyun. “Stop that, you!” He warns as he opened the door before his friend could abuse it once more. Baekhyun stood with arms crossed, lips pouting and eyebrows furrowed. Next to him was his sweet tooth of a boyfriend Huang Zhitao, and Chanyeol noticed the awfully cheesy blue couple shirts they both wore.

“This is getting sickening, you two,” He criticized, just enough to have an elbow attack from Baekhyun on the stomach.

“You’re just jealous we get laid before you do,” Tao spoke.

“Now if you don’t mind get out of the way,” Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol away to welcome Tao and himself, uninvited. “Your parents are away,” He said, walking into the living room like he owns the house. That’s Byun Baekhyun, really. Byun Baekhyun, the childhood friend of Chanyeol’s since diapers. He’s also Byun Baekhyun, the good Ol’ best friend who has the odds against him. Baekhyun is also somewhat considered as Chanyeol’s second favorite brother and never fails to amuse Chanyeol in many different ways. Well it’s not like Chanyeol is different than Baekhyun, in fact the thing that connect these two is their similar interest to being freaky and creepy.

“No Sher–,”

“Shut up,” Baekhyun immediately cut him off as he took a seat on the couch, picking up a remote controller and mindlessly switch on the television with Tao joining him by his side. Chanyeol pouted at the elder’s behavior but he didn’t mind anyway. All he minded of is when will these two get their asses out from his house because Kris is probably freezing in the bathroom already.

“What are we do–,”

“I decided that we should hang out at your house instead of going shopping.”

“—ing…What?” Chanyeol looked at him with disbelief and his jaw just dropped because what the hell aren’t they supposed to be doing their weekly rituals of shopping? Tao shrugged his shoulders and answered him in replace of Baekhyun.

“Baekhyunnie feels lazy to do anything for today since yesterday we did a lot of works that professor gave us. Plus, your parents aren’t here so why not.” That’s a reasonable answer, Chanyeol sarcastically thought. He watches as the two couple snuggles intimately with each other and he stood there – speechless. Plan got backfired. Abort mission. Abort mission. Don’t let them go into your room.

“H-hey,” Chanyeol stuttered and mentally slapped himself for that. “I’ll go upstairs first and get something.”

“Oh can I tag along, I want to–,”

“No,” He quickly answered in mere seconds and he wants to kill himself because he sounded so desperately secretive and suspicious. And Huang Zhitao has the best sixth senses and he has a sharp mind. Uh-oh.

 “O-kay,” Tao doubtfully looked at him and before he could even say anything Chanyeol already dashed up to the stairs, leaving Tao confused and Baekhyun doesn’t seemed to be bothered by it at all.

“He’s always a freak, babe,” he said, munching popcorns he doesn’t know where he got from.

 

~*~

“Kris,” Chanyeol whispered as he lightly knocked the door of this bathroom. “Are you there?” he asked. There was a muffled sound from the other side before he hears a click sound and he took it as a cue to open the door.

“Kris?” He found the latter laying down comfortably in the bath tub and was engrossed with the magazine in his hands. Chanyeol stepped inside and close the door, not forgetting to lock it because Baekhyun usually just barge into his sanctuary casually.

“Yes love?”

“Are you fine if you stay in here for like, until my friends leave?”

Kris’s eyebrows furrowed at his plan and asked, “And when are they leaving?”

“…” Kris wasn’t pleased at Chanyeol’s expression and the lack of answer when he asked that and he narrowed his eyes. “Maybe later?”

“And when is later?”

“Until its night.”

“Night?!” Kris looked bewildered and his voice came out loud. Chanyeol quickly shushed him by putting his hand on the blonde’s mouth. The bathroom turned to a complete silence where they could hear Tao and Baekhyun’s laughter from downstairs. Then Kris took his hand away and he looked at his mate unpleasantly. “Why are they here for so long?”

Chanyeol shrugged his shoulder as a reply. As far as he remembered, when those two friends pay a visit to his house, they’ll usually hang around until it’s extremely late (because Baekhyun enjoys Chanyeol’s couch and Tao is more than happy to have free food in this fridge). Most of the time they’ll stay over during the weekends or the time when Chanyeol’s parents are away.

“Just,” Chanyeol motioned Kris to stay put as he walks over to the door. “Stay here for a while. I’ll try to get them out from the house, alright?” Receiving a hesitant nod from the latter, Chanyeol closed the door and heave a sigh. His plan got backfired, how is he going to stop his friends from finding out about Kris?

When he went to the living room, Baekhyun was cozily sitting down on his couch with Seullie sitting down on his lap. Tao wasn’t in sight and Chanyeol panicked a little. “Where’s Tao?”

“Kitchen,” Baekhyun replied, eyes glued to the television in full engrossment. Chanyeol sighed in relief, thankfully that the boy was nowhere close to his bedroom and – “Why do you sound so suspicious today, Yeol?” Right…

“N-nothing,” Chanyeol really wants to slap himself right there because obviously, nothing is suspicious with a stuttering boy.

“Are you sure?” Suddenly Baekhyun’s tone changed and Chanyeol instantly knew his caring mother instinct hit the spot. Then an idea came to him and Chanyeol thought that why don’t he just take advantage of this side of Baekhyun. It’s not like he knew him for a week. They’ve been together for years and Chanyeol always knew the best side of Baekhyun that he likes to deal with – the worried Baekhyun, however although this side of Baekhyun is nice but because of his true nature, it’s difficult to find that kind of Baekhyun on a daily basis.

“Baek-ah,” Chanyeol took a seat next to his midget of a friend. “To be honest with you, I really missed you guys. It’s been weeks since I’ve gone shopping with you.” He cast a smile and fairly, Baekhyun fell into his childish smile.

“Aw, you want to go shopping?” The orange haired boy nodded his head enthusiastically, followed by his Seullie barking in agreement. It didn’t took a minute for Baekhyun to agree with Chanyeol’s suggestion and he quickly stood up, calling out Tao’s name and announced that they are going to the mall to do some bromance bonding. “Alright, Chanchan. You go get ready and we’ll wait for you outside,” Baekhyun shut down the television just the time when Tao was now in the room. He motions Chanyeol to quickly walk off to his room and Chanyeol was more than happy that his plan succeeds. With no more time to be wasted, the college boy dashed his way up to his bedroom where he found Kris still at the same position earlier before in the bathroom.

~*~

Raising a brow, Kris wondered what was happening that it caused his mate to barge into the room. “What is it?” then Chanyeol explained to him that he and his friends will be going out for a while and Kris is spared from being found out. Walking out from the bathroom with the magazine still in his hand, Kris watched Chanyeol changing his t-shirt to a hoodie, putting on a red cap and his bag pack that was lying beside his study desk. The university student then said something about coming home before dinner and that Kris has to behave while he’s home alone.

“And don’t go out from this house, alright?” That was his last order to the dragon lord before closing the door of his bedroom, leaving Kris behind in his confusing glory. He stood there until the sound of Chanyeol’s footstep decreased and he knew the boy was already downstairs. Sighing, he walked over to the windows and saw a glimpse of his mate, next to him were two human boys who Kris doesn’t recognized but he knew they were Chanyeol’s friends. He watches as they walked away from the Park resident, their silhouettes slowly fade away and by the second time Kris blinked, they were gone, with Chanyeol as well.

Looking away from the windows, Kris realized that he was now alone, in a place he haven’t yet to be familiarized with. The house turned completely silent now that the owner wasn’t there. He then went out from the room and headed to the living room where he knew the pet dog was there, sitting on the couch lazily. The dog lifted up its head the moment Kris steps into the room and he looked lost.

Alone

He should get used to it now, right? He has been locked up for many decades before so situations like this should be alright for him. But then again, this is the modern world where Kris doesn’t know anything about this whole new world. “Hey,” he spoke, aiming it to the white furred dog. “Don’t you always feel lonely?” as an answer, the dog barked and Kris chuckled – what was he thinking, it’s not like he understand dog language. Then he took a seat next to the dog and the animal stared at him with bored eyes.

“I wonder how Chanyeol’s doing right now,” he wondered.

“Is this how you feel every time your master goes out to play?”

“Hmm,” he hummed, leaning back his neck against the comfortable couch. “But Chanyeol take care of us nicely, don’t you think so?” and he received another bark as a reply from the dog. Now seeing that Chanyeol isn’t here, Kris for the first time felt so awkward. His eyes stared emptily at the white ceiling as his mind tried to think of something to entertain him. His eyes trailed down to the shelf placed at the side walls and he noticed the framed photos neatly arranged. He went up and went towards the piece of furniture where the first thing he spots was a little boy – all familiar looking.

 He’s Chanyeol, Kris knew that and he grinned at the adorable sight. He still has the same smile as now and his heart fluttered at the thought of Chanyeol smiling to him. Next to the child Chanyeol was a picture he recognized not long before – Chanyeol’s brother was printed, standing next to Chanyeol himself and Kris couldn’t see the difference except for some features that makes Chanyeol looks like the younger version of his brother. “The two of them are cute,” he commented before going to the next picture – the Park family. This made Kris chuckled, because most of them have almost the same important feature – their bright smiles. It runs through the family, he thought.

The last photo he looked was a picture of Chanyeol’s high school graduation day where he stood side by side with two slightly shorter boys who Kris suspected are his friends who visited earlier. They looked close, which Kris could conclude easily. Seeing at how close the three are he couldn’t deny the fact that Kris is jealous now, and on the same time he felt homesick. When was the last time he talked to Taeyeon, the only person who was close to him, his friend and his family? It’s been decades.

“Hey doggy,” he called out the pet dog. “Do you have a friend as well?” and the dog didn’t made any sound so Kris take it as a no.

“How about we become friends?”

The dog then barked happily and Kris laughed.

~*~

“Don’t you ever feel lonely, Wufan?” Taeyeon’s voice called out to him on one spring day – there was the smell of freshly bloomed flowers and green grass and the sound of the other Celestials enjoying their time together was the only thing Wufan could hear. It felt peaceful and lively and Wufan wished his mood can also be like the spring.

“No,” he answered, looking down at the script he tried to write. He tried to ignore the smug smile the Protector gave him because he knew she was trying to mock him for being a er. Sometimes having her has its perk because Taeyeon has always been a person who understands people by their facial expression, their actions and their words. And Wufan has always been the one who couldn’t express himself clearly enough so he is always relieved that he doesn’t need any effort to talk out his feelings to people.

“Don’t you want to at least have a friend who can accompany you most of the time?”

“I don’t need to,” he said and looked at the Protector. “Didn’t you say you’re my friend already, and all of us here are one big family?” With this answer, he received a light laughter from the latter.

“But what if we’re not here?”

“Then,” there was a moment of pause as Wufan tried to think of another wise answer. But what if they’re not here? The question played around in his thoughts. “I believe that one day I will meet with the person who is destined with me.”

“But that will take a long time.”

“Then I’m willing to wait. For now, I have you all to be my companions.”

“That’s a nice answer, Wufan,” she smiled. “I wonder who will that person be?”

~*~

“Chanyeol!”

A voice snapped him out from his thoughts and saw a furious looking Baekhyun. He murmured an apology and stared emptily at the dark blue t-short Baekhyun showed him. Ever since he left Kris alone in the house, he kept on wondering how he’s doing. It’s been an hour now, and his worries became serious than before that he couldn’t concentrate on what his friends were talking about. He was worried if he’s doing okay in the lonesome house and he was worried if the dragon lord got himself into trouble.

“Park Chanyeol!”

“Yes?” he looked up and he flinched when his eyes met with Baekhyun’s glary ones, just several inches before him.

“You’re acting strange since earlier. What are you thinking about?” Tao asked, watching his boyfriend in his pissed off state because Byun Baekhyun hates lack of attention.

“Nothing actually.”

Baekhyun snickered. “Yeah, Park Chanyeol is in his airhead mode.”

“Not funny, Byun.”

“It is,” Baekhyun defended and scoffed at his tall best friend. Suddenly, a playful smirk tugged in the corner of his lips. “Or maybe our baby Yeol actually already has someone special during his trip?” Cue a hardcore blushing Chanyeol and he punched Baekhyun’s stomach.

“Hey watch what you’re doing to my boyfriend.” He heard Tao snarled.

~*~

TBC

 

 

Author’s Note: I finally make a comeback called “Updated Chapter”! When was the last time I properly updated with a proper chapter? Sorry for the delay. Truthfully I lost inspiration to write this fiction along with my other Krisyeol fictions because… I’m lazy OTL

but I’m not irresponsible. Nuuh.

Oh, and I also won’t regularly update anymore because OTL no Wi-Fi in the house. But no worries, I’ll still update :3 Just keep me motivated and inspired <3 Now that I’m done here, Imma roll around my floor as I mourn over the beauty of EXO’s gayness and its gay fictions and their perfections.

 

-Timelessfantasy

PS; I LOVE YOU.

Pps; I was wondering if I should make a Malay translation version of this story but… meeehhh.

 

Teaser:

“Explain to me who the hell this hobo is?!”