Chapter 008

My Boyfriend Is A Dragon

 

 

Chapter 08

 

~*~

 

 

A smile crept on Park Chanyeol's facial blushing expression as soon as his eyes caught a glimpse of his house that he had longed no seen for over weeks. He grinned when he see the mailbox stood at the front of their white painted house's gate. Its been weeks since he can smell the fresh fragrance of his mother's peonies, her favorite. This is it, he can finally eat his mom's delicious home made cooking and play chess with his dad. Kris secretly watched how his human's face glittered in excitement and looked as if he was about to spark like firework in any minute. He wondered what was on the human's mind and his questioning mind became more messier when Chanyeol suddenly sprinted off for a dash.

 

 

Seullie~ Daddy is back, my love!” Kris cringed upon hearing the words came out from Chanyeol that was forwarded to someone else other than him. Seullie? Who is this Seullie person he called out? His face started to darken as Chanyeol walks into an open gate and a white furred dog runs toward his human and jumped onto him. Chanyeol squeaked when he was pushed down to the ground and cheeks by the oversized big dog.

 

 

Aigoo, you've gotten fatter! Did they feed you with dinosaur meat or something?” The young university student ruffled the head of the dog as he take a quick check up on his pet dog. Kris arrived short after and his eyes darkly stare at the dog.

 

 

Sensing a presence behind him, Chanyeol turned around and grinned widely as he see Kris. “Hey Kris, look here. This is my pet dog, Seullie! Ain't she a cutie?” He the gentle soft white fur of his pet. Kris snorts and about to whisper about how he look way more cuter than that dog but he keep it to himself.

 

 

Chanyeol chuckled. “Say hi to him, Kris,”

 

 

Hi Seullie,” And the dog barked in reply. The tall blonde then pulled Chanyeol up from the ground and picked up the bag the human dropped a moment ago.

 

 

So this is your house, I assume?” He said as his eyes trailed up to the double story house, designated in such simple structure and landscape. He unconsciously nods his head and approval to see how a twenty-first century house looked like. As the years changing in such a short period, the more advanced life became. As far as Kris remembered from his days living with the Protector of the 12 Stars and the other lords, the road was just small fit for only one person to walk and every side of the path was covered with just forests of where creatures lived in and the house itself was not that strong or advanced. It was simple with just sliding paper door and wooden walls.

 

 

Urgh. Kris grunted. He just found out how old fashioned the Protector was as he now see how beautiful modern houses were compared to his previous centuries. He never knew how traditional she was. That old woman only know how to arranged flowers with Soojung and Yuri.

 

 

He silently watched as Chanyeol grabbed onto the round door knob and put a key into the key hole. With a soft click, the door was unlocked and Chanyeol pushed it open.

 

 

Mom, Dad, I'm home!” He called out and walked inside. However there weren't any replies. Chanyeol pouted, he walks more further along the corridor until he reached to where his mom would usually be during this kind of time; Kitchen.

 

 

Mom?” Chanyeol called out again as soon as he step foot to the kitchen. They weren't there. The kitchen was so neat and clean which it was kind of unusual because his mom would be usually be cooking something. He walks in and found a small stick-it post on the pristine counter next to the coffee maker machine. He picked it up, only to see the neat hand writing of his mom. There it written

 

 

Hey honey pie! We know you're away for several weeks for your assignment, but guess what, we just won free couple ticket to Jeju! Haha, we're gonna stay in a five star hotel and go to some great places. There's some food I prepared for you when you got back home. It's in the fridge. Make sure to give some if Tao and Baekhyun came for a visit. We'll be away for 2 weeks“

 

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and muttered to himself that he should have known what they're up to every time he's away. Then he reads to another writing below the memo.

 

 

Ps; If you found this note, that means you're back home. So, “Welcome Home Dear! *Kisses*” Love;- Mommy and daddy”

 

 

He smiled sweetly and imagined how his mom would always greet him when he came back home. She would always kissed him on the forehead and asked him how was his day and there was his dad in the living room, watching some car shows and asked him to watch it together. Chanyeol giggled, sticking the memo to the fridge.

 

 

You really love your parents, hm?” Kris appeared at the door, leaning to the side with a playful smirk plastered. Chanyeol faced him and stuck out his tongue. “Yes I do. I love them very much,”

 

 

Kris nods, eyes looking around the kitchen. “I really like your house. It's pretty,” He commented and walks out from Chanyeol's view to another room in the house. The human boy smiled at him though he doubt Kris would noticed that.

 

 

Taeyeon should really do the house like this instead. In Kris's opinion that is. How he really admires the architecture of modern houses instead. The Protector doesn't really care much on how they living, Taeyeon prefer having nice garden instead.

 

 

As long as we lived together in peace and harmony with nothing to be afraid of, than the way of how we live is more than enough than the place of where we live,” He remembered Taeyeon's words when Kris once complaint how dark their place is during the night. The Protector adores the night and that was why there weren't many candle lights light up during night time. Kris opens a door in the second floor where it lead him to a room fill with bookshelves and of course books. He stared at it in amazement and wonder.

 

 

Urgh, there's too much books. Yunho should really stop cramming the bookshelves,”

 

 

Taeyeon chuckled upon hearing Wufan's words. She looks up from the scroll she's writing on along with Jinki.

 

 

Just let it be, Wufan. Yunho love his hobby. Books are important for himself. We can't really tell the Time Lord to stop loving his hobby, now? You don't want to get some wrinkles on your handsome face if Yunho ages you,”

 

 

I never knew there's also another being that has hobby of cramming books,” Kris chuckled, setting foot to the carpeted floor of the reading room. His eyes roamed around the filled bookshelves, until his eyes set to a picture frame placed in between the books. He leaned closer and picked the frame up.

 

 

And besides, you will later know how it feels like to love something, that you will keep it for a long time just like how Yunho feels about his books,”

 

 

Kris smiled warmly. A finger pressed gently onto the glassed picture of Chanyeol and his parents when he was so young. Probably around his elementary school years. “Hate to admit this, but I guess you're right,” He mumbled, finger trailing on the glass. “I love that something until I want to keep it for the rest of my life,”

 

 

 

Kris?” Chanyeol's voice appeared into the reading room and the dragon lord turned around to meet his human at the door. He grinned teasingly. “Chanyeol-ah,” He showed the Park's family picture. “I always knew you're extremely adorable when you're a kid,”

 

 

The young male widened his eyes when he see the mentioned picture and he shrieked, sprinting towards the older male in attempt to get the picture away from him. “Gimme that!” He successfully snatched it away and hid it behind his back.

 

 

You didn't saw anything, alright?” He said and Kris laughed at his ridiculousness.

 

 

Oh I see something alright,”

 

 

Chanyeol glares at him. “Talk bout this again and I'm cutting your throat and feed it to Seullie,” He threatened thought he knew well it doesn't affect much on the latter who only chuckles at him. Chanyeol then turned to the bookshelves and put back to the original place of the picture frame, polishing it first with his sleeve before doing so. His dad would be shooting him questions if he sees his precious family photo imprinted with finger prints.

 

 

You look so happy with your family,” Kris commented, looking around the room again as he walks. “But I wonder who is the other boy beside you,” He stood to a certain spot and turned to face the human male who by now was looking down to the floor.

 

 

Tilting his head a bit to the side, Kris watched how Chanyeol became silent for a split second. The whole reading room turned quiet that you can clearly hear the chirping birds outside the window. The sunlight moves down and the shadows on the carpeted floor slowly faded. The sun was about to set any time soon.

 

 

He watches how Chanyeol pursed his lips together. “He's my brother,” Finally he spoke, facing to Kris with a smile.

 

 

You can see someone's true feelings when you can understand what is their actual true selves are,” Taeyeon said one day on a beautiful early morning in the shrine. Mists covered up the whole atmosphere, invading the wind and made it colder as it is. She sat down next to Wufan, joining him watching Taemin and the rest of the Goddess feeding the fishes in their pond.

 

 

Wufan glanced at her with a questioning place.

 

 

I'm not the Fortune God who could know what people are thinking about inside their heart like Eunhyuk is, but I can know what people feels through their true selves. Reading expression itself won't completely do it,” The Protector looked at Wufan until the both of them were facing each other. She smiled, gently placing her hand on Wufan's golden blonde hair.

 

 

So Wufan, if there's someone who you wish to know what they are feeling, try to feel their heart first,”

 

 

With no hesitation, the dragon lord went towards his human, pulling him to his embrace. And that was when he could feel it- Chanyeol's heart. He wrapped his arms around the boy and placed his chin on the boy's head.

 

 

You're feeling sad now. Why?” He asked. His eyes averted to the photo once again. He eyed the unknown boy, observing the features. He was not that much different from little Chanyeol, with their hands latched tightly onto each other. Brother. That word seems to be familiar. But of course, since Kris lived up himself alone with no one after what happen to Taeyeon, he would never knew what that word actually meant.

 

 

Soft sigh could be heard from the younger and he too wrapped his arms around Kris's waist.

 

 

Nothing really. I'm just... Kinda missed him,” Chanyeol murmured.

 

 

Kris chuckled. “Then I suspecting he is also important just like your parents. I understand. You two haven't seen each other for a long time?” He looked down to Chanyeol.

 

 

Yeah, a very very long time now,” The young boy smiled.

 

 

~*~

 

 

Night came and the neighborhood started to became more darker. Sun finally set down and was replaced the moon and starts began to appear on the dark sky. The street lamps light up and the street itself became more quiet as people returned back to their respective houses. The sound of crickets resonates around the garden and Kris opens his eyes to look up at the sky filled with shining stars. The garden suddenly brightened up when the backyard lights flickered open, a certain human boy wearing his pajama walks out from the back door holding two mugs on both hands.

 

 

You should turn on the lights first. It's dark here,” Chanyeol sat on the swing next to Kris, handing the male one of the mug. Kris took it and stared at the brown liquid inside it. He questioned if its either a modern style tea or it's just Chanyeol's failed attempt on making a drink, earning a smack on the head by the younger.

 

 

It's hot chocolate, dummy,” Chanyeol explains. “It's a warm drink made by chocolates,” He took a sip of the warm drink and then looked up to the dark sky, sighing in admiration of the beauty of the stars above. The clueless Kris looked down to the drink he was holding before deciding to take a sip of it as well.

 

 

Its sweet,”

 

 

Chanyeol glanced over to the male beside him with a questioning face. Kris lips turn to a pout and he too glanced over to his human. “It's too sweet. I hate it,” He stated.

 

 

Why?” The young human boy asked, obviously taken aback by the statement. Disbelief plastered all over his expression as this was the first time he ever heard someone said he hates sweet things. Well if a dragon could also be considered as someone that is.

 

 

A shrug was replaced to reply Chanyeol's question. “Sweet things makes me feel uncomfortable for some reason...” It was a true fact though. Kris had never really fond of sweets. Neither vanilla, chocolate, strawberry or black currant. Any kind of sweet flavors that you could think of, all disliked by Kris.

 

 

Especially vanilla.

 

 

That's the sweet flavor Kris will never think of having it in his taste bud. Vanilla just makes him feel weird and indifferent. It makes him weak.

 

 

Chanyeol's brows knitted together to a deep frown, still not believing what he had been told. “But sweets are delicious. Everyone love sweet!” He exclaimed. Just then he felt weight on his lap and there was his pet dog, looking up to its owner.

 

 

Isn't that right, Seul?”

 

 

As if it understand what he's talking about, the dog barked along. Kris smiled when the dog began Chanyeol's face, earning a yelp from its owner. He quietly watched the two before placing the mug on the grassed ground below next to him. The mug was left there, the hot chocolate was barely half finished.

 

 

Chanyeol-ah,” He called, taking the younger boy's attention back at him.

 

 

What?”

 

 

When we first met each other,” Kris his lips nervously, eyes set to the ground. “Do you ever have trust on me from that very day?” he finished.

 

 

Silence collided and the two male kept their lips sealed. Well for Chanyeol anyway. His mind couldn't register fast what Kris asked to him. Trust? What does he mean?

 

 

I,” Chanyeol spoke before closing back his mouth, mind couldn't function rightly on what he should say. He looked down to his lap and gently caressed his pet dog's head. The thick furred dog could only looked at both of the males, clueless written in its face.

 

 

Soft wind breezes through the cold atmosphere, giving sense of shivers to Chanyeol's skin. A falling star shot down from the sky and the moonlight shone through the dark night sky. The silence started to slowly killing Kris deep inside. He puffed his cheeks, trying his best to not get extremely too anxious at that time. Who knew what will Chanyeol say. What if Chanyeol really did say he never really want Kris? 'No no no no no. Wufan don't be so sissy.'

 

 

I don't really know actually,” Chanyeol sighed, leaning his back. He pursed his lips and absentmindedly played with his fingers. “I mean, I never expected something big would happen to me. I'm just a normal human boy coming to a strange faraway village to do some assignment when poof! An extremely handsome man that looks like a greek god suddenly appeared in front of me, confessing that we are lovers and saying that I'm a rebirth Phoenix. Isn't that just... Unbelievable?” A chuckle escape from him. Park Chanyeol was indeed utterly confused now.

 

 

I don't know. Part of me say that I should stay away from you so that I could just go back to my normal life... But on the same time, another part of me- deep inside in my heart, I'm glad. I am glad that I know you,” Chanyeol pulled his legs up and wrapped his arms around him. He placed his chin on his knee, looking up to the sky once again. Kris took a deep sigh. He knew it this is what the boy would say to him. Then he grabbed a hold of Chanyeol's hand and latched their hands together, as tightly as possible that Kris could feel how cold Chanyeol's hand was.

 

 

He smiled a little. “But do you ever have a doubt on me? I know that humans can't seem to believe things in front of their eyes just that quick. But you- you accepted me that easily. So I wondered if you ever trust me to protect you at any cost. Tell me truthfully Chanyeol,”

 

 

But I don't know how to love someone. Let alone trusting to be protected by someone,” Chanyeol protested.

 

 

Then let me love you. Let me tell you how it is to love someone and how to give a trust to someone. I always wanted to know how you think of me as, Chanyeol. What are we?”

 

 

What are we? That words stung Chanyeol right into his heart. He never thought about it. Heck he never even try to think more of it. All he could care was that they were already tied together by destiny. Kris said it himself that they are lovers. But only Kris said they are lovers. Chanyeol? He never said that. He never thought of considering how Kris felt about this.

 

 

Chanyeol think he is selfish.

 

 

Judging from the look Kris first gave to him when they first met, he was really happy to say they are eternal lovers. But Chanyeol shrieked in horror instead. Honestly, he shouldn't act so closed minded like this. Shouldn't he be happy that he got himself a very handsome and charming dragon lord as his lover?

 

 

But no, Park Chanyeol just couldn't be happy so easily.

 

 

He is selfish.

 

 

Yet he is scared.

 

 

Chanyeol scared that the person he trusted and love will leave him, again.

 

 

Maybe,” He took a deep breath and faced Kris. “Maybe if I try to open up a bit for you, will I be able to have you and say you are mine?” Hearing the question from him, Kris's facial lightened up and he grinned.

 

 

Of course silly. I am yours. I am forever Park Chanyeol's. Park Chanyeol, my beloved human,”

 

 

Seeing how happy Kris looked, Chanyeol couldn't help himself to smile as well. And it was as if the sky also smiled for them when tons of starts began to appear, countless and countless of stars shimmering above the world.

 

 

~*~

 

 

The dark night was really fascinating and captivating. Kris gazed at it with amazement to see such beauty right above him. However in his opinion, another eye captivating beauty can caught his attention even more quicker and longer right beside him. He felt light weight on his shoulder and he could hear soft breathing. Looking at his side, Kris grinned. Chanyeol was already fast asleep, leaning onto Kris's shoulder. Even Seullie had gone to its own dog house to get some sleep.

 

 

Such a cutie,” He quietly commented when he see how adorable and innocent Chanyeol looked right now. Then he noticed his human was shivering due to the cold night and with no second thoughts Kris lifted him up in bridal style, bringing the sleeping boy into the house.

 

 

Entering Chanyeol's bedroom, Kris placed him onto his bed and tuck his cover up. Making sure the boy was in a comfortable sleeping position, the blonde immediately closed the light switch that Chanyeol always reminded him since their first arrival.

 

 

Idiot, make sure to open this- a light switch, when it's dark around here and then close it when its too bright,”

 

 

Kris tip-toed his way out from Chanyeol bedroom in attempt to not wake the boy up and closed the door as silently as he could. He took another last glance at the sleeping Chanyeol and he whispered.

 

 

I love you,”

 

 

 

 

 

 

"My my, nice to meet you Dr Zhang. Or should I highly call you The Oracle?"

 

 

 

"You- You're a Phoenix Hunter. Are you here to kill Chanyeol?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

To Be Continued

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: Now even tho I said I'm back, but I forgotten to tell that I actually have another two more exams this month.... For this entire months... So.. -Sigh- And guess what, starting from this chapter I'm going to reveal more of Kris's past slowly. And new character will be introduced more on the next chapter and the real story starts now *confettis*

 

 

Btw..

 

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRIS~~~ <3