Chapter 5

Misconceptions of You

 

(Rachel’s POV)

“Hey! What are you doing?” I asked Alyssa, watching her pay for something at a kiosk in the SM Art Exhibition.

“Get in line,” she yelled, running back over to me.

“What did you just pay for?”

Alyssa pushed me into a large crowd, guiding me into a line. “What is this for?” I asked again after not receiving a response from the first question.

“Genie,” she replied with a grin.

“WHAT?!”

“You get to dance with Key!” she said with a smile.

I grabbed her shirt and pulled her to me. “I’ve already danced with Key,” I whispered to her. “If I absolutely wanted to dance with them again, I could just text Taemin!”

“Too late,” Alyssa said. “I already paid.”

I glared at her, crossed my arms, and bit my lip nervously. She walked into the crowd, away from the line, leaving me alone.

Why did Abby have to be in the bathroom right now?! She might at least have stopped Alyssa from humiliating me…

I glanced back at the crowd and saw Abby join Alyssa then wave at me.

Nope. She would have joined in on this.

The line moved forward as the next person went up to dance.

 

(Key’s POV)

“Alright, the next contestant is Rachel from the United States,” the announcer said.

I took in a breath. Really? She just had to do the Genie exhibit.

“Hyung! Did you hear that?!” Taemin squealed.

I nodded. “Of course I heard it…”

“Isn’t that the girl who danced with us a few days ago?” Jonghyun asked.

“Yeah…she’s going to make us look like horrible dancers. Our recording was so sloppy,” I mumbled.

I glanced over at Taemin who was watching her dance happily.

Why does he like her so much???

“Do we even have to judge this? We know that she’ll win hands down,” Minho said.

I sighed. “Yeah…I know.”

 

“Alright, time to choose,” Onew told us, after we had watched all of the videos.

“Rachel, Rachel, Rachel,” Taemin hummed.

“We can’t choose Rachel. We already knew she was the best,” Minho mumbled.

“But the crowd will freak if we don’t give the prize to the obvious winner,” Jonghyun reasoned.

“True,” Minho responded.

“So we’re going to give it to Rachel even though we already danced with her?” I asked.

Onew nodded. “Sounds like it…”

“Yay!” Taemin squealed.

Onew announced to the crowd who the winner was and Rachel came up, blushing as we handed her the prize.

Acting like she didn’t know us, she accepted the prize and walked off the stage.

“Taemin, hand me your phone,” I said to the maknae as we walked off stage.

“Why?”

“I want to text Rachel,” I told him.

“Ooooooh! Does hyung have a crush?!”

I hit him. “No!”

He laughed and handed me his phone. “Of course you don’t. How silly of me,” Taemin said, sticking his tongue out at me.

I sighed.

                Hey, it’s Key. We need to talk. There is a man that is guarding the hallway that leads to our rooms. Show him the text I sent and he should let you pass.

 

I handed the phone back to Taemin who instantly read the text.

“You totally like her hyung,” he snickered.

“How could I like someone who beats me at everything?”

“That’s the reason why you like her.”

“I don’t freaking like her!” I told him sharply.

He giggled and ran off to join the other members. I told the man guarding the rooms about Rachel and walked back to our room.

 

(Rachel’s POV)

I scowled as I looked for the guarded hallway Key described.

What the crap could he want to talk about?

I found the hallway and showed the man the text message and he smiled, letting me pass.

I walked down the hallway and knocked on the door that said SHINee on the front of it.

A moment later, Key came out of the room.

“What do you want?” I said, trying not to sound too annoyed.

“Why did you enter in the competition?”

“Why couldn’t I enter? Am I not allowed to?”

“That’s not what I meant,” he said defensively.

“Then what did you mean?”

“Why did you have to pick a SHINee song?”

“Because you guys have the hardest dances. Are you pouting about how sloppy your recording was?”

He looked as if searching for the right words to say.

“Didn’t think I noticed?” I smirked, interrupting his train of thought.

He glared at me. “Just go back to the exhibition.”

I nodded. “Gladly,” I said as I turned around to leave.

“Wait…” I heard his voice say from behind me.

“What?”

He walked up to me and sighed. “I’m sorry. I want to apologize.”

“For?”

“For being really rude to you the last few days. I’ve never met someone as headstrong and stubborn as you…and I was kinda jealous.”

“Kind of?”

“Well, really jealous...of your dancing I mean.”

“I know. I guess I could have eased off a little too.”

He smiled at me and extended his hand. “Truce?”

I shook his hand. “Sure.”

“How long are you staying in Korea?”

I inwardly squealed, the inner fangirl reemerging. “Um…until school starts I guess. We aren’t exactly sure yet…”

He nodded. “Would it be okay if I got your phone number?”

“U-uh yeah….” I said, stuttering and trying to hide my blush.

He chuckled at the sight of my embarrassment and handed me his phone.

I took it from his hands and gave him my own, then saved my number in his phone.

“W-well I g-got to get back now,” I said, looking at the ground as we retrieved our phones from each other.

He nodded. “Me too. See ya!”

I turned around and rushed out of the hallway and went to find my friends.

“RACHEL!” Alyssa screamed, running up to me and attacking me with a bear hug.

“What happened?!” Abby asked.

“H-he said he was sorry for being rude and jealous…and we exchanged phone numbers.”

Their jaws dropped. “He did what?!”

I nodded with a goofy grin.

“Aw, look Alyssa, she’s in love,” Abby cooed.

I shoved her. “Shut up. Let’s go get something to eat. I’m starving.”

 

(Key’s POV)

“I saw that,” Taemin said, walking out of the room.

“Saw what?”

“You’re phone exchange with Rachel. I also saw the huge blush on your face.”

“I did no such thing!” I protested.

“Uh huh. Sure hyung.”

I looked to the ground, knowing I had been caught.

“Don’t worry, your secret is safe with me,” he said, about to walk back into the room.

“What secret?” I asked as he opened the door.

“You know,” he said with a snicker. “Key is in love!!!” he screamed to the rest of the members.

“What?! No, I’m not!” 


Hey y'all! So we had a hard time trying to figure out what to do for this chapter (I know, not a good sign since this is only the 5th chapter) but after several hours of thinking (and dancing to KPOP) we finally got it down. I hope you enjoyed! =D

Comment, suggest, subscribe! =)