Not Expected

One Little Wish

Characters: Jaeseop and KC (oc)
Theme: angst
Other: I made this for my friend and decided to post it here~

 


 

 

    She stood there with him, holding his arm, kissing his cheek, doing everything that one girl would normally do with her boyfriend. She was even dressed beautifully for him and the occasion that he had made for them.

    She was always beautiful, though. Dressed up or not, she was always the most gorgeous person in the room. She always stood out from every girl.

    Or at least, to Jaeseop she did. 

    He had bought the concert tickets originally for them a long time ago when him and her were together. He paid for the tickets straight out of his pockets just for her, even though he had hardly heard of the band. She had told him that he’d love it, and because he was so in love with her, he bought them.

    He didn’t think to check her backgrounds when he was with her. When they met, she was at a singing contest and sadly lost. Jaeseop was there, too, winning second place, right after some person named Soohyun. He didn’t care though, he was just so happy that he won second. That day, he had been running to tell his family when he ran into her. 

   “Sorry! I’m so sorry, did I hurt you?” I asked, bending down to check the girl out to see if she had any cuts. 

   The girl looked up at me and smiled, shaking her head and getting up. “No, no. I’m fine. Perfectly fine!”

   “You sure?”

   “Yep!”

   It all started there and grew. From that day, they became friends and talked a lot, and from that, they grew closer and closer until Jaeseop soon fell in love with her. He was head over heels for this girl, wanting to be by her side no matter what was going on through her mind. He even bought anything she asked for! She stole his heart and he stole her lies.

   “She’s not like she seems…”

   He should have listened to that warning that his best pal, Kiseop, gave him. He should of stopped falling for her then while he still had a chance to be able to heal if his heart was broken, but he didn’t listen.

   “Pfft. Kiseop, stop with your jokes!” 

   “I’m not joking, Aj! She’s not what you claim her to be!”

   The door bell rang, signaling the two of us that my girl had arrived. I shook my head at Kiseop as I went to answer the door. I couldn’t believe that the love of my life was not what I seemed. It was impossible!

   Oh, if only. 

   Two months later, a man in a black suit and pants came up to Jaeseop and his girl. Getting into his face, the man pushed Jaeseop against the wall and told him to stay way from his girl. Jaeseop was confused and started to fight back, only to receive a nice black eye from the guy’s fist. Jaeseop could of sworn that his jaw might of been broken, but he didn’t get a chance to check as he watched the love of his life laugh. 

   Laugh.

   Jaeseop’s eyes started to swell with tears. He watched as the girl grabbed the guy by his arm and purposely kissing him passionately in front of him. He couldn’t believe what was going on. 

   “Honey—” I tried, reaching my arm out towards her, but she just spatted at me, telling me to go run off and jump off a bridge or something. I gawked at her. “Wh-what about all the things we went through with together?” 

   She laughed and shook her head, looking at me as if I was some broken down toy that she could care less about. “Do you really think I could ever fall for a guy like you? Ha! I only dated you for your money, and now that I got what I wanted, I don’t need you anymore.” 

   My knees trembled. “Don’t… don’t need—”

   “Don’t act like you really care. I know you’ve never loved me! Just go away and back to your gay boyfriend! It’s obvious that the two of you are a thing!”

   Back then, Jaeseop didn’t know what she was talking about. His buddy Kiseop and him had never had a thing, but when Jaeseop thought about it, he realized that Kiseop and him were very close and possibly gave off the feeling that they might of had something.

   But that was still no reason to Jaeseop.

   But that didn’t stop his heart from breaking into a billion pieces. It didn’t stop him from locking himself in his room, night after night, and with no eating. Kiseop had tried his hardest to get his friend to come out of his room, but Jaeseop yelled at him to just go away, crying his heart out into his comfy pillows. 

   It had been three months before Jaeseop finally got out of his room. Kiseop was happy and offered to take him out, but Jaeseop declined, saying that his mother had called and wanted to see him. Kiseop understood and allowed him to escape from their house. Biting his lip, Jaeseop got onto the bus, with those two tickets he had bought for them long ago, and made his way to the concert.

   He didn’t expect to see her there, holding the same guys arm, kissing his cheek, and doing other things that a girl would normally do with her boyfriend. His heart had shattered again, his knees growing weak. He didn’t want to be standing there anymore; all he wanted to do was get out!

   “Unf!”

   Jaeseop looked down at the girl he just knocked over. “Ah! I’m so sorry!!” Getting up, he helped the girl up off the ground. “I’m so sorry, I didn’t see you—-“

   The girl smiled sweetly and held up her hand, cutting Jaeseop off. “It’s okay, I wasn’t paying attention to were I was going.”     Looking down, the girl scoffed at her feet. “Stupid things haven’t been walking right since I was born.” She joked, gazing back up at Jaeseop.

   Jaeseop chuckled and scratched the back of his head. “Well, it’s not fully your fault, I wasn’t watching where I was going, either.” 

   The girl laughed, making Jaeseop blush. “Oh! Well, I guess we are both in the wrong, then!” The girl eye smiled and started to brush herself down. 

   Tilting his head, Jaeseop bowed. “I’m Kim Jaeseop.”

   “KC.” The girl looked up and smiled. 

   Jaeseop grinned a bit, biting his lip and repeating her name. Tilting his head, he asked, “You doing anything tonight?”

   KC gazed up at Jaeseop and shook her head, sighing. “I was planning on going to this concert, but all of the tickets are sold out…” KC pouted and started to walk away.

   “Wait.”

   The girl turned around and glanced at Jaeseop. Smiling, Jaeseop walked over to her and handed her his second ticket. “Think of it as an ‘I’m sorry I bumped into you’ present.” 

   KC blushed and carefully took the ticket. “Are you sure?”

   Jaeseop nodded, taking the girl’s hand into his. “I’m positive.”