Why Can't You See?

One Little Wish

Five minutes left.

Each one of them looked at each other and then casually at their watches. They did their best to smile for the crowd in front of them and even pulled a few jokes on each other. They did their best to keep it hidden. They did their best to not believe it.

Soohyun gazed out into the crowd, speaking to them with that happy tone he had acquired over the past four years. Even though he was known for crying his eyes out, he couldn’t do it this time. If anything, this time he had to show his strength. He had to show them that he was a leader to remember.

Beside him stood Hoon, ready to have ’s back if needed. It was obvious that his cheeks were wet, but because of the sweat it was hidden well. They had all promised each other that they wouldn’t cry, that they will pull through this. They had to stand together and Hoon was there to remind them. He didn’t want it to end in tears, not the last few minutes. If anything, he wanted their fans to remember them in a happy manor.

Hoon glanced to his right at Kiseop, whom stood not too far from Soohyun. Kiseop’s eyes were stuck on the out ring of the crowd, not daring to look away. His heart was beating quickly and his head was spinning. It was all going too fast and they all knew it. But what they hoped is that the crowd didn’t.

Three minutes left.

Kevin quickly turned to Eli and wrapped his arm around his neck. “This has been a fun night, don’t you think?” He asked, trying to relieve himself of that stressful feeling in his gut.

Eli chuckled and nodded, gazing out into the crowd as he spoke. “Do you guys love us?”

“YES!! YES!! U-KISS FIGHTING!!” The crowd roared.

Dongho had to turn around this time. He pretended he saw something, when in reality he didn’t want the Kiss Me’s to see him cry. He had to be strong this time. They all had to.

Two minutes left.

Soohyun stepped up and turned to the crowd. It was finally time to announce the prolonged message they were to give. This time there was no backing down, no going forward…

“Heh, we love you, Kiss Mes!” Soohyun croaked, which got him a roar from the crowd. It broke his heart, knowing that this would be the last time he’d be standing on stage in front of them all. He had to take a quick glance around at all s. Hoon, who was busy distracting himself by waving at some fans. Kiseop, whoms arms were around Dongho’s, trying to cheer him up. AJ stood away from some of the members as he gazed up at the ceiling. And Kevin and Eli were doing their best to goof off, until they heard Soohyun’s voice start to crack.

“It’s time that we say good bye.” Soohyun did his best to smile.

As expected, the crowd whined and asked for more, but it was nearly time for them to give it up.

One minute.

They all looked out into the audience, none of them speaking for that last minute they had. They couldn’t. If they did, they were sure to fall to the floor and cry. They didn’t want to leave that image out on their fans—not this time.

The noise only grew bigger, aching the hearts of the seven young men up on the stage. They couldn’t believe it. This was it. They were done.

30.

“I would like to thank you all for coming out tonight!” Soohyun yelled out to the fans, smiling his usual smile.

25.

“We couldn’t have gone through these years with out you all. It was really fun!” Kevin wiped away tears that he wished never fell.

18.

AJ chuckled nervously as he turned slightly away at the crowd while still facing them. “You guys be good, okay?”

15.

“Don’t do anything bad!” Hoon piped in.

13.

“We love you!” Eli smiled his boyish smile.

10.

“You’ll always be in our hearts!” Dongho added.

7.

“Don’t forget us…” Kiseop bit his lip.

5.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

4.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

3.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

2.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

1.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Ukiss was then escorted off the stage.