The Real Life

One Little Wish

 

Character: Kevin Woo
Story Type: One Shot
Other Characters: Ukiss and maybe others

 

This was going to be it's own one shot, but I couldn't really think on it so until I can, it will rest here~



 

(forward)

 

Let's just take a moment to see their side. 
His side.
The way he views his life.
Yeah, he may be only one idol.
But he still shares the same feelings

 


(chapter 1: Mornings)

 

I've made it, I thought, squeezing my hands together in triumph. 
I've made it, I squealed, telling my parents.
I've made it, I said, staring at my new band mates. 
I've made it, I breathed, looking at the crowd. 

 

But have I really made it? 


The buzzing of an annoying alarm clock rang out, making bodies turn and loud groans come from it's sleeping victims. Neither one of the men sleeping in the room wanted to get up and turn off the alarm, but they didn't want to listen to the buzzing forever.

The eldest in the room yelled out to one of s to turn it off. Groans broke out throughout the room again, complaining how it was too cold or how they weren't ready to get up yet.

Frustrated, I threw my covers off and slammed my hand against the alarm clock. "There! It's off!" Spinning around, I sent glares at my roommates. As much as I loved them, it bugged me how lazy they were sometimes. Nudging one of them with my foot, I continued to yell at them. "Now get up, we have to get ready before our manager gets here and yells at us."

"Aish, Kevin." My mate, Soohyun, yawned. "I'm the one in charge here, not you. Calm down." He reached over to his left and pulled up the blinds. No sunlight entered the room as the five others soon rose out of their beds to get dressed.

Crossing my arms, I quickly made my way to one of the two of our only showers before anyone else could steal them. Eli managed to get to the first one before me--that fast prick--making me rush to the second one before Dongho could slip in. "Loser, snoozers." I proclaimed as the maknae tried to win me over with his pout. It never worked, but the boy was still a kid and I couldn't excatly say 'no' to a kid.

Not even five minutes into the shower, a knock and someone yelling at me to hurry up was at the door. I yelled at them to wait another minute as I quickly finished washing my hair and scrubbing down my body. Turning off the seducing waters, I grabbed my towel, wrapping it around my waist, and unlocked the door.

An upset Kiseop rushed in, stripping down in a hurry. "You could of at least had the door open so I could brush my teeth!"

"Yah! Says the person stripping before one could get out!"

"I thought you were going to brush your teeth!"

"I did it in the shower!" I hissed, setting down my tooth brush and heading out of the bathroom. Outside, Hoon and Soohyun were waiting their turns.

Passing by their small glares, I hurried into my room. Luckily, all of my make-up and clothing products were organized by my bed and a medium sized mirror was propped onto the wall. Pulling out some clothes, I rushed to put them on and get on my basic make-up wear

Soohyun was standing, all dressed--the quickest one to get dressed--and crossing his arms at an AJ, whom was merely dressed, with an exception of pants and shoes. The others were scooting past them, not caring about the usual argument that Soohyun and AJ shared. It was obvious they still loved each other, but there were lots of times the these two polar opposites tend to disagree.

AJ mocked Soohyun's pose. "Why does it matter what kind of shirt I wear?"

"The shirt is advertising . I don't want our fans to get the wrong idea on anything." Soohyun threw his hand and pointed at the black and white shirt that was clearly printed with the words, "Two is fun, but Three is a party". I understood well enough on what Soohyun was getting at. The last thing we needed was girls sneaking into our dorms and doing things to us, like those girls did to the famous group, TVXQ.

Furious, AJ smacked Soohyun's hand away and marched back into his room. "Fine! I'll change the shirt!"

"Thank you!" Our leader yelled, annoyed, breathing a couple of words before turning around and going into the living room. I was sad that I was too far away to comprehend on what he said.

Soon after Soohyun left, AJ walked back out and saw me staring. Knowing me and my ways of understanding, he moved towards me and started complaining. "Can you believe that guy?" AJ pointed to the direction Soohyun went. "He thinks just because he is leader that he can go an boss us around!" Furrowing his brows, AJ kicked at the floor and crossed his arms. "Jerk..."

As much as I wanted to agree with him, I couldn't. Soohyun may be a bossy jerk, but that didn't mean he wasn't pointing out good points. Because of our fame, we couldn't wear what we wanted to--as much as we thought the outfit looked good on us. We couldn't go out and wear some outrageous piece of clothing or accessory, in fear that what we do and what we wear will give a bad vibe to our fans. People who looked up to us and followed what we do.

I slumped against the wall. "Being an idol is hard..." I though aloud, not really giving AJ a reply he was looking for.

Even still, the guy in front of me nodded and loosened up a bit. I could tell that he was thinking about what life would be like if he wasn't famous, wasn't an idol. Heck, I think of that question every now and then. Everyone did. It wasn't an avoidable thought in the minds of many idols. Idols like me...

There was a yell from the living room, calling us to assemble. AJ and I raced into the room to find our manager looking us down; making sure that we were all dressed up and ready to go. After a couple of nods, he filed us out of the door and down a protected stairwell. At the end of it, there was a back door that lead us to a couple of van with tinted, bulletproof windows. Following everyday procedure, we packed ourselves into the vans and drove off.

Sighing, I leaned my hand against the arm chair and watched as the sun started to rise across the horizon.