Part of the List

Just Moments

 

Part of the List

 

 

It was late – almost midnight and all of the EXO members were gone except for Luhan. They were tired but satisfied from what they had practiced that day. Luhan yawned as he walked slowly down the slightly dark corridor – freshly bathed and clean. He brought only his small bag containing his toiletries and his used clothes with him. His backpack was in the studio.

Luhan told Kris to go back without him because he wanted to take a short shower at SM. He watched as the M leader dragged their sleepy happy virus into the company’s van.

Luhan knew if he waited until they reach the dorms, he’d be too sleepy to even change his clothes. And he hated that – he’d end up miserable the next morning.

Suddenly, soft music reached his ears and Luhan frowned. The music was definitely coming from their practice room. Luhan edged closer and he saw the door half opened and light streamed out. His frown deepened. Did somebody stay behind?

Warily, Luhan pushed the door open and saw a figure dancing to the music. He let out a sigh of relief when he realised it was just Kai. He even imagined that a ghost was in there and was going to haunt him. Luhan was mesmerised by Kai’s flexible and magnificent movements.

As if knowing there was somebody watching him, Kai sharply turned towards the door catching the culprit red-handed. His cold expression immediately morphed into a relaxed one when he saw it was only his hyung, Luhan.

“Oh, Luhan hyung,” Kai greeted him. The 19-year-old lazily sauntered towards the stereo system and pushed the stop button.

“Oh, Jongin-ah,” Luhan smiled, “don’t stop, I don’t want to interrupt your practice.”

The Chinese member walked towards his backpack, Kai’s eyes trailing the lithe member’s movement. Luhan then took a bottle of water out and sat cross-legged on the floor. Kai approached him.

Luhan looked up to the tired-looking member, feeling pity for him. Wordlessly, Luhan handed him his water bottle and the second magnae grinned gratefully. Luhan took out his small handkerchief and offered it to the sweating dancing machine. Again, Kai grinned before plopping down next to Luhan.

“You’re not going home yet?” Luhan softly asked.

“No, I asked manager hyung’s permission to stay here. Why are you still here, hyung?”

“I just finished showering. Am I interrupting your personal training, Jong-ah?” Luhan giggled.

“It’s no big deal, hyung,” Kai beamed at him. “Hey, dance with me, hyung?”

Luhan chuckled. Seeing Kai’s childishly happy expression made him agree. Kai jumped to his feet and pulled the older one up before reaching the stereo.

It was silent as Kai worked on the equipment. Luhan just waited. He didn’t mind whatever song Kai was going to pick. Their taste in music almost matched anyway. He doubted he wouldn’t know Kai’s songs. Luhan eyed Kai as he walked towards him.     

A soft picking of guitar filled the air and the mood shifted. Luhan knew this song.

As if possessed, the two began to move closer towards each other.

Style of your hair, shape of your eyes and your nose…

Kai’s hand moved above Luhan’s hair, sliding down to his eyes. Luhan closed his eyes as his hand glided towards Kai’s face, barely brushing the younger one’s nose.

The way you stare as if you see right through to my soul…

Their eyes locked onto each other’s and Luhan’s body began to feel warm. Kai caught Luhan’s thin wrist gently and pulled the older one closer before Luhan put his other arm up and twirled his body then swayed towards Kai’s side – shoulder to shoulder.

It’s your left hip and the way it’s not quite big as your right…

Kai turned Luhan’s body and their hands intertwined as they stared at their reflection in the mirror. Their eyes still locked onto each other’s.

The way you stand in the mirror before we go out at night

Our quiet time, your beautiful mind…

Luhan broke free from Kai’s embrace as he danced forward. Kai’s outstretched arm brushed against Luhan’s back from his neck to his tailbone and the former bowed his head as he matched Luhan’s steps. Kai’s movements were more aggressive than Luhan’s.

Luhan turned, stretched his upturned palm towards Kai and Kai placed his and spun Luhan’s hand. They both bowed to each other before Kai wrapped his arms around Luhan. Luhan silently looked up to the dark-skinned teen as Kai’s head moved closer to his tilted one.

The way your sweet smell lingers when you leave the room…

Kai’s nose skimmed down Luhan’s neck. The 22-year-old moved his head as he twisted out of Kai’s strong arms and leaped before he did a split. His head bowed low as Kai bowed in front of him. Kai’s hand touched his foot before trailing up to his knee and Luhan arched his body. Kai’s hands connected with Luhan’s and Kai seductively pulled Luhan up. Kai let go of their hands and his head sharply faced his left shoulder.

Touching your face, invading your space…

Luhan’s hand shot up across Kai’s shoulder before retracting them, his small hand cupped Kai’s defined jawline along the way and made him face Luhan.

The song continued.

Kai smirked and Luhan smiled. Kai placed his hands on Luhan’s thin waist as Luhan gripped Kai’s shoulders.

They’re part of the list, things that I miss

Things like your funny little laugh

or the way you smile

or the way we kiss…

Suddenly, Kai’s head bent down and captured Luhan’s lips in a kiss. Luhan’s eyes widened before slowly fluttering his eyes shut and crossing his arms around Kai’s neck. Kai’s mouth began to move against his and Luhan let out a breathy moan. Kai’s hands wandered up and down Luhan’s body as they moved slowly to the music, breathing heavily and caught up in the moment of heat.

Something new every single time that I sit and reminisce…whoa said whoa I…  

Kai slowly laid Luhan on the floor; eyes closed and mouth ravishing Luhan’s. Luhan curled his fingers in Kai’s slightly damp black hair as he moaned when Kai’s fingers caressed his side, his hand sneakily lifted Luhan’s white shirt. Luhan’s breath almost ran out when Kai finally let go of his bitten lips. His doe eyes opened to see Kai’s hazy ones. Both were panting hard and sporting mirrored flushed cheeks.

Kai smirked when Luhan averted his gaze away from the 19-year-old. Kai kissed Luhan’s red cheeks then stared at the beautiful creature underneath him lovingly; his palms splayed on both sides of Luhan’s head. Luhan’s arms were still around Kai’s neck, dangling comfortably.

The music stopped. Their breathing finally evened out.

Luhan slowly moved his head and faced the smirking second magnae. His arms moved and his hands Kai’s face lovingly. Kai bent his head again and kissed Luhan’s button nose. The two let out a sigh and Luhan whispered a giggle before Kai’s sentence made his heart soared.

“Be my boyfriend, Luhan…”

 

THE END