Chapter 3 - The Fairy & The Cheerleader

Continental Show Choir

 

Several days have passed since the girls joined the Glee club, they finally found out that the Asians in the club, Mike Chang and Tina Cohen-Chang were Chinese, so they felt relived after knowing that, the girls made friends with almost everyone, the fights between Rachel and Seungyeon were almost constant, but at the end Seungyeon just lost the battles since she was a newcomer and Finn just made it worse supporting her, these fights made her win a new friend: Mercedes Jones, a black fat  girl with an amazing voice like Aretha Franklin, who always praised her own talent and demanded solos, there was also someone new on the club, Rory Flanagan, an Irish boy who sometimes followed either Hara or Jiyoung to their classes like Noah Puckerman, who flirted anytime he could with Gyuri and Nicole. Gyuri and Santana played ‘cat and mouse chasing’ on the last weeks, they glanced at each other but never talked, Gyuri knew that sooner or later she had to talk to her, since she discovered Nicole secretly going to the Cheerios practice to watch them whenever she could. 3 days ago, the 5 of them went together to talk to Coach Sue Sylvester but the results weren’t good as they wished.

 

Flashback

 

  • Looks like the Asian and other Asian were busy with their prayers to that golden guy, while swinging on a bamboo tree. Ok, so who’s the oldest panda?

 

  • That would be me – said Gyuri with an eyebrow up.

 

  • Then I talk to you only, take your little sisters back to the Zoo – Gyuri waved her hand to them to leave them alone but took Nicole with her inside the Coach’s office.

 

  • So, what do you want? – asked the Coach, Gyuri hit softly Nicole’s arm to make her talk.

 

  • I want to join the Cheerios

 

  • Sorry, but the auditions closed and I’m not planning them to open soon, especially to pandas who can distract my girls. Besides, it’s blood to get in, and blood to come out.

 

End of Flashback

 

So, yes, since she caught Santana’s attention on the first day, she could use it on her favor to convince her to get Nicole into the Cheerios, after all, she was the co-captain of the team.

 

 


 

Hara had got used to the new place, she went to her classes, her English was way better than when she got there barely talking to anyone, she could also say some phrases in Spanish thanks to the classes, she thought that maybe she could become popular in that place too as in Korea.

 

  • Hey, doll face – said someone to her back, when she turned to see who was it, a slushie was thrown to her face, getting it red. – welcome! – she stood there for a while, trying to get the liquid away from her eyes when a blonde girl in a Cheerios uniform got close to her.

 

  • Come with me – the girl pulled Hara into the bathroom and got her close to the sink to get her cleaned.

 

  • Thank you – said Hara as the girl washed her face.

 

  •  It’s okay, fairies shouldn’t been attacked, you should get back to your original form so you can avoid them – Hara couldn’t help to feel confused as she got up an eyebrow.

 

  • I’m not a fairy

 

  • It’s okay, your secret is safe with me, I would like to invite you to my house someday, but I’m afraid that Lord Tubbington might eat you.

 

  • Lord Tubbington?

 

  • He’s my cat, oh! by the way, I’m Brittany, nice to meet you – said the blonde girl.

 

  • I’m Hara, nice to meet you too – said Hara while smiling at her.

 

  • Are you new here? How come you’re not in Pixie Hollow?

 

  • Yes, I’m new here and well… I’m… an exchange student

 

  • Oh, I see, that’s weird of a fairy, wait, it is a secret mission?

 

  • Uh… maybe…

 

  • Hmm, well, you shouldn’t talk anymore about it, but if you need something, I can help, are you in any club?

 

  • Yes, I’m on the Glee club

 

  • The Glee club? Awesome, I’m there too, I just couldn’t be there the last days, because I got to take Lord Tubbington to therapy, he has a drug problem – suddenly the bell rang and Brittany waved a goodbye and went to a close classroom – see you soon! Watch out with cats! – Hara couldn’t stop thinking about that weird conversation, but she knew that it was better to ignore it and keep going, but even so, she could only giggle at the whole memory of the scene.

 

 


 

  • C’mon ladies! 2 steps to the left, arms up and 2 front steps! – yelled Coach Sylvester at her Cheerios, they were so loud that the girl who was watching from afar could hear them clearly.

 

  • Left, up, front – said Nicole recovering her breath after trying – yeah, I think I got it.

 

  • Hey there – said a blonde short-haired girl all of sudden.

 

  • Hi, uh… - Nicole frowned trying to remember the girl’s name, the blonde girl smiled at her and spoke up

 

  • Quinn

 

  • Sorry, I have trouble to remember names.

 

  • It’s okay, seems like you’ve become pretty used to the Cheerios routines

 

  • You think so?

 

  • Yes, I come sometimes to watch them too, and also watch you.

 

  • Me?

 

  • Yes, your progress is very good, also the way you don’t let Coach Sylvester to see you – Quinn giggled and Nicole felt a little embarrassed.

 

  • So…, are you going to try for Cheerios too?

 

  • No, the Coach doesn’t allow me to get back.

 

  • Back? Were you in the Cheerios?

 

  • Yeah, actually… I was the captain, but then I got pregnant, I screwed up the 2nd chance and the coach just didn’t allow me to get back, but it’s okay, I still have the Glee club. Anyway, if you need help maybe I can train you a little.

 

  • Really?

 

  • Yeah, we can even start now; let’s just wait for Coach to go, the practice end in 10 minutes. – they sat and waited 10 minutes, Nicole was just anxious and played nervous with her hands, while watching how though could be the Coach with the cheerleaders, Quinn saw her, took her hand and squeezed it a little.

 

  • Take it easy, don’t be so anxious or you could get a shoulder or ankle injured, just relax – whispered Quinn to Nicole, the last one wasn’t exactly a quiet girl but Quinn’s warm hand somehow made her get relaxed.

 

After the coach and the girls left the football field, they went down and started to practice, Quinn was glad that she had chosen that day to wear sporty clothes, she showed Nicole most of the basic routines, even when she could be though sometimes, Nicole just kept going and tried to follow Quinn.

 

  • You’re getting it, I’m impressed, but seriously, try to get relaxed, don’t be so stiff, if they put you up in the pyramid you’ll get injured. – Quinn went at her back and started to massage her shoulders – C’mon, breathe in, and out – Nicole tried to do it, but was a little nervous for unknown reasons at Quinn’s touch, she just attributed it to her stiff body, Quinn looked around the field and had an idea, she stepped in front of Nicole – When I got in Glee club, I found that music helps a lot with the practices, so I tried to incorporate some songs to it, wanna try?

 

  • Sure! – Nicole answered happily.

 

  • Ok, so watch me and follow, it has the routines we’ve learnt now. – Nicole went next to Quinn, who had just returned to the middle of the field after putting the music on.

 

Set me free, why don't cha babe
Get out my life, why don't cha babe
'Cause you don't really love me
You just keep me hangin' on
You don't really need me
But you keep me hangin' on

Why do you keep a coming around
Playing with my heart?
Why don't you get out of my life
And let me make a new start?
Let me get over you
The way you've gotten over me

Set me free, why don't cha babe
Let me be, why don't cha babe
'Cause you don't really love me
You just keep me hangin' on
Now you don't really want me
You just keep me hangin' on

You say although we broke up
You still wanna be just friends
But how can we still be friends
When seeing you only breaks my heart again
And there ain't nothing I can do about it

Woo, set me free, why don't cha babe
Woo, get out my life, why don't cha babe
You don't really love me
But you just keep me hangin' on

You claim you still care for me
But your heart and soul needs to be free
Now that you've got your freedom
You wanna still hold on to me
You don't want me for yourself
So let me find somebody else Hey!

Why don't you be a man about it
And set me free
Now you don't care a thing about me
You're just using me
Go on, get out, get out of my life
And let me sleep at night, please
'Cause you don't really love me
You just keep me hangin' on...

 

  • Shall we take take five? – suggested Quinn and Nicole smiled at her.

 

 


Here's the song's video from the Glee series with Quinn (http://bit.ly/LzCVtH)