Chapter 4 - Auditions go Wild

Continental Show Choir

 

 

 

Some days passed, the girls got even better on their classes and were just happy when they had to go to Glee club, and they just loved to finally have a chance to have a proper school life. Brittany still treated Hara as she was a fairy, and even got so far with promoting an ‘anti-bullying for fairies’ law, until one day she just went towards Hara and apologized for such belief. Even so, they got pretty close after that; sometimes Hara went with Brittany into some of her classes.

 

  • What’s the capital of Ohio? - asked the geography teacher.

 

  • O! – said Brittany and everyone started to laugh at her.

 

  • If you allow me, teacher, I think she got it right, I mean, you asked for the capital of Ohio, not the capital of Ohio State, so she got it right because you didn’t specify about the object.

 

  • Very well, Miss…

 

  • Goo

 

  • Miss Goo, then tell me what’s the capital of OHIO STATE? – Hara didn’t expect that the teacher was going to ask her, she got so nervous that just got a block on her mind, then she looked down on her table when Brittany put her hand there with a little piece of paper. She smiled at her and answered.

 

  • Columbus!

 


 

Next day, Gyuri woke up early, even if she was in another country it didn’t mean that her insomniac side just disappeared, she had even more trouble now to sleep because of this “task”, she went towards a close window and saw Nicole, practicing in a very happy mood some of the Cheerios routines, Gyuri smiled at the hardworking sight. So, yes, she had no choice but to end the chase game and talk to the cat. 

Gyuri went to her bathroom, washed her face and went downstairs to the kitchen, on her way she could hear some laughs and talking, she would think that it was one of the girls with Nicole, except that the voice was different, went she finally got to the kitchen, she saw Nicole cooking and Quinn putting the table, Gyuri got a little surprised at the guest, a few seconds later, Quinn was aware of Gyuri’s presence and greeted while offering her to sit down on one of the chairs.

 

  • Good morning, Quinn

 

  • Sorry, that I am kinda the unexpected guest, but Nicole was very persistent on her practice.

 

  • I just wanted to practice as hard as I could, and well, you didn’t say no, Quinn.

 

  • Yes, that has become a little problem for me lately, but you know I’m more than glad to help you, especially when you’re putting so much effort on it.

 

  • Well, effort never betrays you, if it does, then I didn’t put enough effort on it – said Nicole while putting a plate with toasts on the middle on the table and smiling at Quinn, the latter smiled back at her for a few seconds and Gyuri started to wonder what has been happening lately.

 

  • Uhm… Quinn, did you get here on the early morning? – asked Gyuri trying to kindly break the weird moment.

 

  • No, actually I got here yesterday at night.

 

  • Nicole! Why did you do that? It’s okay if you don’t want to sleep but it doesn’t mean you can steal everyone’s sleeping time – said Gyuri a little ashamed and alarmed.

 

  • No, no, it’s okay – said Quinn shaking her hands – as I said; I’m more than glad to help her, when she’s putting a lot of soul on this. – This made Gyuri frown a little and looked down for a while.

 

  • Then, I should put effort too – Gyuri took a deep breath and continued – I’ll try to get you on the Cheerios.

 

  • How? Coach Sylvester said that she isn’t planning to open auditions.

 

  • Santana.

 

  • What?

 

  • She’s the co-captain, I’ll try to convince her.

 

  • And how you plan to do that? – asked Quinn.

 

  • Well, a little chat could be a nice start

 

  • Gyuri, listen, I know Santana, and she’s not the talking type, it’s not going to work in that way.

 

  • Then how? Just tell me, I just don’t want Nicole’s effort to get wasted.

 

  • Unnie… It’s okay, I can wait, besides I need more training and Quinn’s helping me a lot. – Gyuri knew that she was right, but she just started to get annoyed with the new place, and feeling useless, suddenly she felt Quinn’s hand on hers.

 

  • Hey, it’s okay, she will make it, and she will shine, believe me – then she looked at Nicole – but she’s right Nicole, we can’t let your effort get wasted, even if I’m training you, you still not in the Cheerios, you get the best shape there – then she looked back at Gyuri – the only thing you can do is ask her out, is the only way you can get her attention.

 

  • You mean… a date? – asked Gyuri

 

  • Yes, if you don’t disguise the moment as a chance for her to take some… advantage on you, there’s no way she’s listening.

 

  • Then tell me, how in heaven’s name I’m going to propose that, I mean, we are so talkative that she surely will listen – said Gyuri in a sarcastic tone – we have nothing in common, have you even heard us? Oh wait, no, because we haven’t even talked once. – She saw Quinn’s expression and frowned – sorry.

 

  • I think you do have some things in common. – said Quinn smirking.

 

  • Like what? – asked Nicole a little confused.

 

  • Well, Gyuri, I haven’t heard you two before, you’re right, but I’ve been watching, a lot, I can dare to say that Santana might be interested on you more than what you think, and about those things in common, well, you have the Cheerios, the Glee club and a portion of sarcasm.  

 

  • Can we add a portion of Goddess-like to that? – said Gyuri slightly smirking. Nicole knew what was behind those words, and giggled at the sight of Gyuri getting back her confidence.

 

  • I think you should start with a slight incitement. – said Quinn.

 

 


 

 

That day later, the rest of the Glee club members sang ‘We Got The Beat’ on the cafeteria, trying to get some new members, following Mr. Schuester’s wish to make the Glee club popular, but it ended in a fight food and everyone just went back to the choir room, the girls got in walking one by one towards their seats, the last one to enter was Gyuri, she was wearing a white t-shirt, black shorts and a pair of black boots, everyone already know how beautiful she was, but this time she could only be described as hot, all the eyes were on her. Quinn stood up and let her to sit down where she was, while she sat back, close to Santana, watching her with her jaws dropped. The silence was broke with the entrance of a short girl to the room.

 

  • Hi, my name’s Sugar Motta. I just wanna say that I heard you on the cafeteria and I wanted to join.

 

  • See guys? You inspired someone to join. – said Mr. Schuester smiling.

 

  • After I heard you I decided to come, because I can sing way better than you all.

 

  • Well, let’s see what you got.

 

Sugar sang Big Spender, after a while all stood silent because it was an understatement to say that it was awful, she sang in all tones she wanted to hit without a proper direction. Mr. Schuester and Rachel told her that they will call her later.

 

  • That was awful, I mean, what was that? – said Tina, everyone kept going with their terrible observations about Sugar until someone stood and spoke up.

 

  • Yes, you’re right, maybe she was awful, but isn’t the Glee club a place where everybody could feel comfortable about their skills? – said an angry Jiyoung.

 

  • Well, but if that was a skill, then Mike is an amazing singer, no offenses – said Finn, Jiyoung looked at him with disgust and went out of the room. Everyone went silent until Mr. Schuester spoke up.

 

  • Guys, she’s right, we will let Sugar in, here in the club we accept everyone, you know it. Anyway, as you can see, the Sectionals are starting to get close and it would be a good idea if we start searching a good song – he stopped when saw Gyuri raising her hand – yes, Gyuri.

 

  • I have a song I would like to try for it, oh… Quinn could you help me please? – Quinn went towards her and Santana’s face was all full of confusion and shock. Both went into their positions and started singing at Madonna’s Girl Gone Wild.

 

It's so hypnotic
The way he pulls on me
It's like the force of gravity
Right up under my feet
It's so
This feeling can't be beat
It's coursing through my whole body
Feel the heat

I got that burnin' hot desi-i-i-re
And no one can put out my fi-i-i-re
It's coming right down through the wi-i-i-re
Here it comes
When I hear them 808 drums
It's got me singing

Hey, ey, ey, ey
Like a girl gone wild
A good girl gone wild
I'm like, hey, ey, ey, ey
Like a girl gone wild
A good girl gone wild

Girls they just wanna have some fun
Get fired up like smokin' gun
On the floor til the daylight comes
Girls they just wanna have some fun

A girl gone wild
A good girl gone wild
I'm like a girl gone wild
A good girl gone wild

The room is spinning
It must be the tanqueray
I'm about to go astray
My inhibition's gone away
I feel like sinning
You got me in the zone
DJ play my favorite song


I got that burnin' hot desi-i-i-re
And no one can put out my fi-i-i-re
It's coming right down through the wi-i-i-re
Here it comes
When I hear them 808 drums
It's got me singing

Hey, ey, ey, ey
Like a girl gone wild
A good girl gone wild
I'm like, hey, ey, ey, ey
Like a girl gone wild
A good girl gone wild

Girls they just wanna have some fun
Get fired up like smokin' gun
On the floor til the daylight comes
Girls they just wanna have some fun

I know, I know, I know
I shouldn't act this way
I know, I know, I know
Good girls don't misbehave
Misbehave
But i'm a bad girl, anyway
Forgive me

Hey, ey, ey, ey
Like a girl gone wild
A good girl gone wild
I'm like, hey, ey, ey, ey
Like a girl gone wild
A good girl gone wild

Girls they just wanna have some fun
Get fired up like smokin' gun
On the floor til the daylight comes
Girls they just wanna have some fun

A girl gone wild
A good girl gone wild
I'm like a girl gone wild
A good girl gone wild

 

  • Whoa! Girls! That was awesome! – exclaimed Mr. Schuester and then looked at the rest – you better start working on those songs, because this one is going for the win.

 

  • It’s working – whispered Quinn to Gyuri, the latter turned to where Santana was and the Latina waved at her with a smirk on her face.