Chapter 2 - McKinley High & Glee

Continental Show Choir

 

 

The next morning, the girls woke up early; Nicole made breakfast for everyone, including Sam, who helped to put the table. After a half hour, they were ready and went out towards the bus stop, with Sam leading the group. On their way, Sam and Seungyeon found some similarities, both loved videogames, so they talked like nonstop and Jiyoung was just laughing at them. When they got to the high school stop, all went out and walked towards the entrance.

 

  • Ok, here we are – said Sam to the girls.

 

  • I’m so nervous, this place is big – said Jiyoung

 

  • It’s okay Jiyoung-ah, we still here for you – said Gyuri putting and arm on her shoulders, Sam watched at them and smiled.

 

  • Yes, Jiyoung, that’s it, and maybe I’m not Superman or a samurai but I’m also here for you – he said in a kind tone, making Jiyoung smile at him.

 

  • Thank you, oppa.

 

When they got in, they walked through the aisle and Sam showed them each classroom and hall, suddenly on their tour a handicap boy went towards Sam.

 

  • Hey, Sam!

 

  • Hey, Artie! These are my new friends, let me introduce them to you – he started pointing them from right to left – Gyuri, Jiyoung, Hara, Nicole and… Se-ung-ye-on – Seungyeon hit softly Sam’s arm and Artie laughed at them.

 

  • C’mon Sam, don’t say her name like she’s part of Darth Vader’s forces, it’s Seungyeon, really easy – the girls got surprised at how well he pronounced the Korean name and started to look at each other, wondering if the boy knew them.

 

  • That’s it! See Sam? – said Seungyeon.

 

  • I saw that name at… - Artie went a little silent while trying to remember where he heard it – oh yeah! A Korean game I used to play, I learned a little Korean because of it. When you were born?

 

  • July 24th, 198… - Seungyeon stopped when the other girls started to see her with eyes wide open – sorry, July 24th, 1993.

 

  • Then that makes you my noona

 

  • If you’re younger than me, then that’s it – said Seungyeon smiling.    

 

  • Yes, I was born on 1994.

 

  • Ok, enough with the dates, Artie, the girls are going to join us on the Glee club.

 

  • Really? That’s great! I can’t wait to hear your auditions.

 

  • Did someone say audition? – said a girl suddenly who was holding hands with a very tall guy.

 

  • Oh, yes, Rachel, the ladies here are gonna join us to kick Vocal Adrenaline’s asses.

 

  • Awesome! More vocal back-ups for my solos, I’m sure that you will completely adapt to my style, oh, I’m Rachel Berry nice to meet you girls, I’m a future Broadway star and one of the Glee club leaders along with my handsome boyfriend here, Finn Hudson, who also happens to be quarterback of McKinley Titans. – said stretching hands with all the girls – I’m sure you will find the Glee club a nice place to be, we also have two Asian friends there.

 

  • Nice to meet you, Rachel – said Gyuri trying to ignore the whole paragraph the brunette just made.

 

  • Ok, it’s nice to meet you, but I’m sure that we won’t be back-up vocals for all of your solos, because we probably will have our own – said Seungyeon who just wasn’t in the mood to tolerate an egotistic girl.

 

  • I’m sure you will, but Rachel is like the star of our team, so maybe you won’t have it for the major competitions. – said Finn.

 

  • We… - Seungyeon was about to say something when Gyuri made her a signal to not fight back – We will gladly support you guys, don’t worry.

 

  • Well, hope to see you in Glee club soon - said Rachel while going to the classroom with her boyfriend.

 

Seungyeon was going to say sorry to the guys who were watching there, when Artie lifted a hand – don’t worry, we really understood why you did that, and when you meet Rachel better, you will have more points on your favor.

 

  • Thank you, Artie - said Seungyeon slightly smiling at him.

 

  • Ok, what’s with this mood? Let’s just keep going with the tour! – said a hyper Jiyoung, suddenly Gyuri remembered something.

 

  • Oh! Sam, Artie, could you tell us, where the principal office is? We need to talk with him.

 

  • Sure, don’t worry Gyuri, I’ll take you there – after getting at the middle of the aisle, Sam pointed at the office of the left – here it is. We’ll wait for you here.

 


 

  • Welcome to McKinley High School, girls. I’m principal Figgins, DSP Media reported to me your special situation, the teachers aren’t aware of this of course, only me – Figgins turned to his right and got a packet for them – so, they told me to give this to your leader.

 

  • I’m the leader, sir – said Gyuri lifting her hand.

 

  • Then, here you go, Miss Park, inside you’ll find some notebooks, documents and your schedules, you all will be taking only English and Spanish classes, if you’re going to hide here, you better simulate the student life. So, I suggest you that besides Glee club, you should join other clubs, if you need help in other matter you could go to Ms. Pillsbury, her office is close this one. Any questions?

 

  • No, sir – said the girls in unison.

 

  • Then, you can go now – when he saw Sam and Artie waiting for them outside he added – glad that you’re making friends here – the girls smiled and stood up, but suddenly the principal spoke up again – oh! Your people told me that you two girls were very popular – pointing at Nicole and Hara – so, I think you should consider joining the Cheerios, it’s the cheerleader team of the school, talk to Coach Sue Sylvester or Santana Lopez on the Glee club, their co-captain.

 


 

  • Guys! We have 5 girls who want to join the Glee club – spoke up an excited William Schuester, Glee club’s director.

 

  • I’m sorry, did the Asians here went to a camp with a time machine and brought their grown up babies? Because if that is, hope they’re not like their father, we need some y voices, but I’ll accept them to audition because they look hot. – said a Latin girl.

 

  • Santana, enough – said Schuester while glaring at Santana – girls, the floor is yours.

 

  • Thank you, Mr. Schuester – said Nicole politely, she stepped up but went back when Gyuri waved her hand.

 

  • So, which song are we going to sing? – asked Gyuri, Nicole didn’t think about that.

 

  • Mister? – suggested Jiyoung

 

  • It can’t be one of ours, there are two Asians here, we still don’t know if they are Japanese or Korean – said Seungyeon

 

  • How about Again & Again? – suggested Hara

 

  • It could be, but it would be better if it is in English.

 

  • Fergalicious! – said Nicole

 

  • Great, that one is, you still know the lyrics, right? – asked Gyuri looking at each one, who nodded.

 

  • Ready? – asked Mr. Schuester.

 

  • Yes, we are – said Gyuri

 

They got into their positions and started to dance and sing to the song, most of the boys were staring, almost drooling, at Nicole, then they went with crazy looks at all of them when they turned back, at the chorus boys and certain girls couldn’t help to stare at Gyuri, after some minutes they finished their performance which went really clean, they got a lot of claps from all and Mr. Schuester approached to them.

 

  • Looks, like we got some nice quality voices and dancers.

 

  • What do you say now, Santana? – asked Sam.

 

  • Well, Trouty Mouth, one looks like Berry lost sister or potential girlfriend with that hamster face, the other looks like a weird pretty doll from The Grudge, the one there looks like the common American type with that smiling face, the one to her right looks like the baby I would love to have with Brittany and the one in the middle is just… wanky. – said Santana smirking at Gyuri.

 

  • Ok, so, welcome to the Glee club girls. – said finally Mr. Schuester, the girls bowed to all of them, when they stood back, Gyuri couldn’t help to see Santana for a brief moment.