Chapter 6 - Tips

Continental Show Choir

 

 

 

 

  • Hey Gyuri! –said Quinn to the girl who was taking some things from her locker.

 

  • Hi, Quinn

 

  • Are you ready for today?

 

  • Yes, don’t worry

 

  • Anyway, you should ask Puck or Artie for some tips, and try also Kurt, if you want to… uhm, dress well, you know.

 

  • Ok… - Gyuri was realizing that something was bothering Quinn, so she spoke up again – Quinn, is something wrong? Did something happen with Nicole?

 

  • No, nothing, it’s just… well, I just wish I could do more for her, but I’m really glad she has you.

 

  • Quinn, you are already doing a lot. Nicole is taking this serious, I’m glad she has you as a friend and well, personal trainer, don’t worry – both smiled at each other and Quinn continued.

 

  • Oh! There’s something I have to tell you, it happened last week, the days you weren’t around, Santana and Brittany… - suddenly Quinn noticed that a familiar figure was approaching to her and she decided to leave – anyway, just don’t worry, be yourself. See you on Glee club.

 

  • Ok, bye Quinn. – Gyuri was going to close her locker when she realized that somebody was next to her.

 

  • So, girl gone wild? Wanky. – said Santana while smirking.

 

  • Hi, Santana, how are you? – said Gyuri looking at her mirror.

 

  • Looking hot – Santana approached her from behind and whispered – we should talk after Glee club. – making Gyuri feel a little nervous, then she left waving at her – See you later, Miss Korea.

 

 


 

 

 

Gyuri went through the English class smoothly, very focused in learning, but in the middle of the class, she received a text message on her phone, it was from Quinn.

 

I sent some support for you, he’ll meet you after class. HWAITING! (it’s like that, right? Nicole just taught me)

 

Gyuri couldn’t help to smile at the text,  when the bell rang she took all her stuff and got out of the classroom, there in front of the door was no other than Noah Puckerman.

 

  • Hey Gyuri. Quinn sent me because you needed help in “The Santana Subject”.

 

  • Yeah, she told me she’ll send help.

 

  • C’mon, let’s walk and talk – Puck lend his arm to Gyuri and the latter took it, when they gave some steps he spoke up again – So, let me share with you the Puckasaurus knowledge: First, don’t let Santana see you nervous, try to be as confident as you can – Gyuri looked down the floor thinking that she already might failed at that.

 

  • Well, confidence has never been my problem.

 

  • Ok, then, second: don’t act like you’re interested in her or something she has, make her feel interested on you, but well, that little wild song of yours kinda moved her floor, so you already have some points on your favor – suddenly they found Artie on their way – Hey chief!

 

  • Hi guys, what are you doing?

 

  • I’m just sharing my Santana knowledge with my girl here.

 

  • Great, Quinn told me to help a little. – this made Gyuri smile a little.

 

  • Then share what I thought you, chief.

 

  • I guess Puck already told you to make her feel interested in you, you’ll ask her for a date, right?

 

  • Yes.

 

  • Well, I got this little story, Puck and I once asked Brittany and Santana in this way, we told them the place, the time and that we might hang out with them if we didn’t find other girls, but in a completely uninterested mood.

 

  • Interesting… thanks.

 

  • Oh, I know that this for guys is less important, but you should think about your underwear. – said Artie.

 

  • What? – asked Gyuri a little shocked.

 

  • Yeah, but maybe you will just cuddle up and nothing else, that’s her style on girls, or at least is what I know from Brittany. – Artie added.

 

  • From Brittany? – asked Gyuri a little confused this time.

 

  • Yeah, they are girlfriend-girlfriend – said Puck, making Gyuri stay on her shocked status for a little while but then a girl popped on her mind: Hara.

 

  • Well, actually that was until last week. – said Artie.

 

  • Why? – Gyuri asked again.

 

  • Well, I don’t know the details but I heard that it includes Hara. – said the boy on wheelchair, now making Gyuri feel worried.

 

  • Great, now as you can see, there’s nothing to worry about, you have free way, seems like you don’t need my other advices on stealing girls. – said Puck.

 

  • Now, for clothes ask Kurt, he knows any girl’s style – said Artie.

 

  • Take Santana to Breadsticks, is like her favorite place. – Puck added.

 

  • Yeah, and pay the bill – added Artie this time.

 

  • Thank you guys, I took note on everything. – said Gyuri smiling at both.

 

  • No problem. – said Artie while going to a close classroom.

 

Gyuri’s mind was quite a rush on that moment, processing every detail that Puck and Artie told her, but besides that, there was another thought pushing those ones away: what happened between Santana and Brittany? And why it does include Hara?

Suddenly she saw Kurt, and well, those questions should have to wait for a little longer, her plans for Nicole to enter the Cheerios were top priority right now.

 

  • Hey, Kurt – said Gyuri approaching to the gay boy who was on his locker.

 

  • Hi, Gyuri, do you need something? Oh, wait! I remembered that Quinn…

 

  • “…Quinn told me to help you a little”, I know – said Gyuri cutting and completing the boy’s words

 

  • Yes, wow, seems she told some other of us, if I didn’t know her, I would say that she’s interested in you, way more than Nicole getting in the Cheerios. – this made Gyuri think a little about that, but it sounded with no fix, so she shook her head and spoke up.

 

  • Kurt, would you help me with my clothes?

 

  • Don’t worry honey, fashion is my main subject, fortunately, your sense of fashion is very good, so whatever you wear would be fine, just don’t make it too formal, now, for underwear…

 

  • Underwear? Why everybody thinks that I’m gonna… you know.

 

  • Because with Santana you have to be ready, thank God you don’t have to worry about getting pregnant.

 

  • Oh God, no.

 

  • Hey, calm down, I’m not telling you to sell your body to Santana for Nicole, it’s just that you should look good on all the aspects.

 

  • Ok, sorry, so what’s your advice?

 

  • Well, I already see that black looks good on you, so you should try black underwear, it will match the probable Santana’s red one, she likes red and realizes how good it looks on her, so confidence is something you should have anytime.

 

Why these guys are like I’m going to have babies with Santana? I mean, please, we don’t even like each other, at least from my side I can say that she’s annoying, and thinks she’s the Goddess of the place and we must accept all her insults like some sort of unwritten law, well, she’s hot, I won’t deny that, and the way she moves that skirt… oh dear, wait… Park Gyuri! Didn’t you already say you don’t like her? Anyway, please, Santana and me, together? That’s not going to happen, it’s like saying that Rachel and Seungyeon will be in a relationship or have a duet or be the new leaders of Glee club. – suddenly in the middle of that thought she received a text message from Puck.

 

Hey Gyuri, don’t ever get on top, she doesn’t like dat.

 

 


 

 

In Glee club, everything went fine, Mr. Schuester gave his ideas for Sectionals, a long story about some other singer and his achieves, suddenly Rachel stood up and said she had something important to announce.

 

  • Well, you know that Finn and I have been leaders for this past years, but I think that it’s time for a change if we wanna win Sectionals, so I nominee myself and… Seungyeon for leaders.

 

After a long period of shock from everyone, especially Gyuri, Mercedes spoke up explaining that if Rachel had this sudden change, maybe it was for good, so they accepted their new leaders without any objection, well, except for Finn who just went out of the classroom really angry.

 

It’s just a coincidence, yeah, just a coincidence, nothing here says “Gyuri! You’re meant to be with her”

 

 


 

 

When Gyuri got out of the classroom, Santana made to link her arm with hers and she leaded both to the cafeteria for that “pending talk”.

 

  • What? You haven’t dated before? – asked a confused Santana

 

  • Well when you’re… - Gyuri stooped immediately after she almost said the word “idol” – the daughter of a busy family who prefer to lock you up, just to make sure you’re safe, you don’t have so many dates

 

  • That , but you know what? Today’s your lucky day ‘cause this hot chica is gonna have a date with you Miss Korea, so, what do you say? you, me, at Breadstix? – said Santana while slightly smirking at Gyuri

 

Gyuri couldn’t believe what she was listening; she has been asked for a date many times before, but this time was different, way too different, she was actually asked out by a girl, and not any girl, a girl who she normally despised as much as the other despised her, even though her natural answer would be “no”, she just felt something… a strange curiosity, a strange comfort on dating the Latina.

 

Since she was taking too long to answer, Santana spoke up again – what is it? Oh, or maybe you’re just the cuddling type? Or you know the straightforward one who just goes to get her fun without more interludes than the TV or whatever.

 

  • “Get my fun”? – Gyuri knew what it really meant, but she just attributed it to “English informal language” another way to say, “no interludes of food and just have fun at some place” like a club.

 

  • Oh, don’t tell me that you were raised on a convent while you weren’t at home.

 

  • Certainly not, I went to an Art High School.

 

  • An Art High School? And you didn’t seen there?

 

  • No, well, in painting.

 

  • You’re not stupid Miss Korea; wanna hear it from my lips? Fine. I’ll be straightforward then; do you want to have with me?

 

Gyuri stood up while opening and closing trying to say something - I… no! Not yet, I mean, no! – Gyuri looked away and madly blushed.

 

  • Hey, calm down, classy – said Santana laughing at her – you’re hot, I won’t deny that, even if sometimes I despise you for being so annoying with beauty and mirrors like a freaking narcissist, but if I stand Quinn and myself, I can do the same with you. So, what do you say? Breadstix at 7?

 

  • Yes… I’m good with that.

 

  • Ok, so I’ll meet you there – Santana stood up from the table and left, now Gyuri was going to think about what she was going to wear for real.