Susanna...

Why Can't I Hate You?

(Susanna P.O.V)

 

This is so not my year. Mom and dad died for 3 years now, and I was fine living with my aunt. Then all of a sudden she decided to marry, come on...at the age of 50? not that I care, I mean she can marry at 90 for all I care. But why does she have to send me off to Korea with my other side of the family whom I haven't seen since I was 5 years old? I don't even remember them. I'm force to leave all my friends and my American life to live in a country I have no knowledge of. Just great! What a happy new year! Well...at least I have Lisa, whom I just found is my cousin. Her and I hit it off quite fast. She pretty cool for a middle schooler. Any way it's my first day at Kwangju high, which I am proud to say I am annoyed with at this point...I have to wear uniforms, UNIFORMS! Come on now! In America we stop using uniforms since middle school. And here in Korea you still have to wear it. This is so not right. And what more is that I'm already late, what a great impression for your first day. Yippee! Susanna way to go!

I was about to curse some more when I saw a girl walking. No doubt she has to be a smart girl, look how thick that glasses are. I've made up my mind... she's my new best friends. I just know I'm going to get along with her just famously.

I walked up to her, “Uh, hey...do you speak English?” I asked her.

“Um yea, why do you ask?” the girl spoke in perfect English as if she was American, I thought that was rare, no accent whatsoever, not even a little. I mean the Korean exchange student in my school speaks fobby English. But not this girl.

“Great! My name is Susanna, it's my first day here and I can't read Korean well, I mean well enough, just not much...and for speaking wise, I can manage...but I do have some difficulty. I'm sorry am I making any sense to you?” I know I must be making a muck out of everything.

“No, I understand. Well, my name is Tippany, you can call me Tipp. I'm glad you had asked, I would be happy to help you.” she smiled.

“Cool.” she I told you I'd get along with her.

“What's your class number?” I handed it to her.

“Cool, we have the same class, 5A.”

“Nice.” dam, what a relief.

“Since it's lunch now, come on, I want you to meet my friends. You'll love them.”

she took me around the campus, telling me all the stories that happen there and I found myself started to like the school. It's pretty interesting.

She guided me to 2 girls who look as if their twins. They looks so similar, but once I gotten a good look at them they actually look a lot different. I also took to them rather quickly. They love to joke it's just funny.

They were also fluent in English. But unlike Tippany, they have have some difficulty with English.

“So, Susanna, how is it in America?” Dhipeeh asked me.

“I bet it's fun, how's the school?” Suki also popped in with a question.

“It's fine. America is what ever. The school there is boring.” I told them in English.

“What?” I guess they didn't grasp the who sentence. So Tippany translate in Korean.

“Oh...” both Suki and Dhipeeh smiled.

“So what class do you have?” Dhipeeh asked.

“She has our class.” Tippany answered for me.

“Great, we'll be closer.” both girls chirped.

Lunch was fun, except when I had boys flirting with me. Come on, flirt when a person is eating. So not cute. Finally lunch was over, and we started heading for class. Hopefully all goes well and no more guys hitting on me...

 

(End of Susanna P.O.V)

 

(Chansung P.O.V)

 

“Hey you guys! Have you heard about the new girl? I heard she from America. Taec told us.

Interesting, “American chicks are hot.” I said.

“Is she on the hot list or the geeks list?” Junsu asked.

“I heard hot list, I mean today I heard she turn down 4 guys.” Junho grinned.

Just then a group of geeks enter the classroom with a girl I never seen before, wow...she's hot...

“I bet that's her.” Wooyoung whispered.

“I called dibbs on the American girl.” I told the guys.

“Man you always get the girl!” Junho whined.

Then the teacher introduced her, “Hello class, this is Susanna, she the new student transferred from America, please give her a warm welcome. Susanna is there anything you want to say?”

“Hey, I;m Susanna, and it nice to meet you all. Please bear with me, I'm not really fluent in Korean.” she bowed.

“You may take a seat anywhere you like.”

I made my way to her then, I stopped right in front of her and made the mistake by looking her in the eyes...i didn't know what to say. Suddenly it popped into my mind, “My world was so dark just moments before, but when you walked in, suddenly everything is so bright in my world. All thanks to you.” dam I sounded so cliché when I recited that in English. However, I ended it with a smile.

“Wow...is that the bet pick up line in Korea? Sorry to burst your happy bubble, buddy, that was whack.” it was the first time I was lost of words, I made my way back to my boys...I just didn't know what to say...

 

(End of Chansung P.O.V)

 

(Susanna P.O.V)

 

what an idiot! That was the 5th guy today.

“Wow, Susanna...I don't know what to say.” Suki said in English sounding staggered.

“What?” I asked.

“That was one of the kingka, Chansung. The one you just blew off.” Tipp told me.

“Kingka? What's that?” I asked

“He's one of the-how do you say that word in English?” Dhip asked.

“He's one of the popular boy in school, there are 7 in total.” Tipp finished off.

“Uh... Susanna, can we speak Korean? I'm having a hard time following here.” Dhipeeh said.

“I'll try...but truly I can careless if he's popular or not.” I started in Korean...dam I sound weird.

“Ok...as long as you don't diss Jaebeom.” Suki grinned.

“Uh,  Jaebeom? Who's that?” I asked

“Jaebeom”-

“Dhipeeh, Suki...stop.” Tipp said, blushing furiously.

“He's the leader of the kingka...and Tipp's dream man.” Dhip finished.

I started laughing, but the fact that she likes him was cute. It's so innocent, “you like him?” I asked her.

“*Deep sigh* Yea, but he doesn't even knows I exist. I'm just a geek you know.”

“That's bull! Without glasses, I bet you're probably very beautiful.” to prove my theory I pulled off her glasses and I was correct she was actually quiet stunning. She just need a lot of confident. She was a sight. No lies.

She slid back her glasses, “No I’m not...besides...he has a girlfriends who happens to be my cousin.”

“That leech face you call cousin?” the way they describe her Tari and looking at her almost all day, I concluded that she is definitely money . Dam I feel sorry for her, I would be really sad if the man I love was with someone else.

“Anyway,  Susanna would you like to come to my house today?” it was the end of class so I called my aunt. she said it was ok as long as I come home early.

“Yea, I'll go.”

 

(End of Susanna P.O.V)

 

(Chansung P.O.V)

 

how dare she. This was the first time a girl would openly dissed me like that, luckily it was in English so only my boys understood her.

“Ouch bro...we saw what happen, she dissed you good bro.” Taec said sympathetically.

“Whatever man.” I mumbled.

“That's the first girl who ever resisted you.” Junsu said.

“Naw man, she just playing hard to get.” I have her alright...

 

(End of Chansung P.O.V)

 

(Jaebeom P.O.V)

 

“Who wants to see Tari's cousin today, I want to know why Tari didn't tell me she had a cousin.”

they all nodded in wanting to go. Tari came in just in time for me to ask, “Tari...why didn't you tell me you had a cousin?”

“Uh...I didn't think it was important.” she looked shocked of course.

“I want to go see her...we all do.”

“What for?” she laughed uneasily.

“She's the only one who haven't approve of us.” dam...what a stupid excuse, oh well.

“I'm positively sure, she wouldn't care.” she told me.

“Tari...I want to go.” I said with a tone she knows not to argue with.

“*Deep sigh* alright.”

I smiled to myself...you can't argue with me Tari...

 

(End of Jaebeom P.O.V)