Rebel

Behind This Smile

 

Yoona’s POV

So today I don’t sit next to Kai, but next to Luhan. And… that is so much better. Kai is really an so thank God for today. Luhan’s so much nicer than that . But I still like him… okay I really need to forget him and it has to be fast.

 

I feel so smart today, I can finally understand math. Thanks to Luhan. When the lesson ends, everyone stands up and run to get today’s special, pizza. Kai, Xiumin, Kris & Sooyoung were one of those crazy people who wanted pizza that badly. I judge them so hard right now. It’s just pizza, jeez. But Luhan just stand here in front of me while doing nothing. He just stares at me. “Don’t you like pizza? Everybody’s running exept you.” “And you.” “Huh? Oh, yeah. And me.” “I don’t really like pizza, I’m going to get a hamburger at the McDonalds.” “But we’re not allowed to leave the school at lunch.” “Oh really? I do this always at lunchtime.” I thought he was innocent. I guess he doesn’t give a about the rules too. Of course, he’s Kai’s best friend. “And you want me to join you?” He blushes. What? He nods. “Maybe." I have never broke one single rule and after meeting him, I’m going to become a rebel? Sooyoung’s going to be so proud at me. I actually don’t want to join him but… on the other side, why shouldn’t I? I sighed. “Okay. Just for once.” He reacts very happy. “Really? That’s great! Let’s go!” He grabs my hand and we both ran outside. I feel like a 15-year old that leaves her brave image to do something naughty with a guy that I just met a few days ago.

 

We’re in the McDonalds and we’re both eating a hamburger. “Do you enjoy it?” He nods. “Especially that you’re here.” “Really?” “Yeah.” He’s so nice and sweet. How can someone not like him? How can I not like him? Why do I like his stupid best friend? He pokes me. “Yah, tell me one of your jokes.” “Why?” “Just do it. I love them.” “Oh really? Don’t lie…!” “No I’m not, just tell them.” So I tell one of my jokes and… I never knew that it was that hilarious. No one laughed at them. People always said that they were boring. But Luhan’s the first one that actually really likes them. Oh, wow.

 

We returned back to school but something’s wrong. There’s no one outside. It’s very quiet. Like… the lessons started a while ago. Oh . No. Please no! It can’t be! Kai walks outside. Thank God, he is here. But wait… he always skips class. . The guy claps. “Congratulations, you guys are late.” Luhan and I are shocked. “WHAT?!” “The lessons started 10 minutes ago. This means detention for you both.” DETENTION?! NO! PLEASE NO! KAI YOU SON OF A YOU’RE LYING! “YOU’RE LYING!” Kai shakes his head. “Why would I lie? I’m not… that kind of an ‘’.” I feel embarassed, and angry at Luhan. “It’s all your fault!” “My?! It was an accident!” “I’ve never had detention before! If my parents hear this… oh my God I’m dead!” “Your… parents? You never contact them.” Looks like I need to tell him a story this afternoon. “Oh, you don’t know.” “But that’s not my business. Bye,” Kai said. “Good luck to you both.” He waves and walks inside. Luhan also wants to walk inside but I stopped him. “Wait.” He turns around. “What.” “I’m embarassed to go inside. They’re all going to judge me hard.” “It’s okay. You have me. Nothing’s going to happen as long as I’m here.” That… actually comforted me. I nodded. “Okay.” “Let’s go inside, hm?” And we went inside. The rector got very angry and we get detention this afternoon, like what Kai said.

 

author's note: thanks to KoorikoFuyuki for the nice poster! yeah I know that the title is a bit wrong but whatever.