The Keepers

I've Fallen For You But I'm Dead...

 

Recap

“What’s wrong?” I asked now completely worried.

Kikwang paused and took an extremely long blink. He took a deep breath and then opened his mouth to speak.

“The problem is… you.”

Hyosung’s POV

My mouth gaped open as Kikwang’s words rang inside my head.

“I don’t understand. What are you trying to say?” I asked.

Kikwang scanned the area just in case anyone was listening.

“This isn’t the best place to talk, Keepers might be watching us.”

Before I could even respond he grabbed my hand and we disappeared from the park. We had re-appeared inside an old abandoned warehouse. Kikwang’s face was dead serious as he charged towards me. I staggered backwards as he came closer but was forced to stop when my back hit the cold wall.

Kikwang placed both his hands on the wall and trapped me from moving away.

“Listen carefully; I’m only going to say this once. You, Jun Hyosung are the next one.”

“The next one…?” I said in confusion.

“Yes, you’re the next target. There are orders from above that you are to be purified.”

“What do you mean target? I thought you guys helped to protect us?”

Kikwang took a step back and ran a hand through his hair.

“We do protect you, but…” he paused and I felt like he was hiding something deep, something terrifying that should be kept a secret,  “Damn. What are you doing to me? Why am I going through such lengths to help you?”

Kikwang suddenly gasped and pulled me into his embrace.

I twitched at the sudden shock. I have never been so confused in my life, what is he talking about? What is he hiding?

“Shh-” Kikwang said and my back of my head, “they’re here.”

I gulped as I saw a flash of white before me. I shielded my eyes from the blinding light and Kikwang turned around so I was facing away from it.

“Kikwang! What a pleasant surprise,” a sweet female voice echoed through the empty warehouse.

I could hear Kikwang grind his teeth, followed by a definite scoff.

“If you can’t tell, I’m a little busy right now.”

Busy? With what? Me? I wondered as I felt the atmosphere get colder.

The female laughed. “Please, you’re sense of humour seems to get worse by the year. I know who that girl is and it would be awfully nice if you would just hand her over quietly.”

“I’m the Head Keeper. I think you should take a good look at yourself before you start telling me what to do.”

Kikwang then shoved me away and when I thought I was going to lose my balance and fall, I was transported to somewhere else. As I left I heard Kikwang’s faint voice.

“Run!”

I didn’t know what was going on but if that lady back there was one of the Keepers who were going to come for me, running away may have been the best option. My legs moved continuously and I found myself running towards the building where Joon worked.

“What am I doing here again?” I thought to myself and turned around.

I halted as a figure stood in front of me. She gave me an innocent smile and waved.

“Um… hi?” I responded.

“You’re Jun Hyosung right?”

A thousand thoughts ran in my head as I pondered about answering. She isn’t one of those keepers right?

“Maybe,” I answered hoping she would go away.

“Excellent. I’m Eunji and I’ve come to take you to a paradise.” She smiled and showed off her perfectly aligned and white teeth.

My eyes widened, she was one of the Keepers. I gave a nervous smile and ran straight inside the building hoping to ask Joon for help.

Eunji followed.

I raced past workers and tables until I reached Joon’s small desk. He wasn’t there.

“Where are you?” I muttered and continued roaming around the building.

Eunji followed behind but didn’t seem to be too stressed that I was getting a big lead. I ran past one of the workers and spotted Joon behind a glass room.

“There he is!” I said and directed my movements towards him.

He was having a deep conversation with a colleague. I waved my arms frantically and started calling out for his attention. The room must’ve been sound proof as he didn’t even twitch.

I saw Eunji’s reflection on the glass walls. She was smiling as she came closer, knowing that I wouldn’t be able to escape her.

I panicked. This is definitely not my day! Joon had finished talking and finally turned around. Using this opportunity I jumped in front of him when he walked out the door to stop his tracks.

“Help!” I said and pointed towards the Keeper who was menacingly coming towards me, ready to purify me or whatever she was going to do. 

Joon took a step in front of me and placed his arm to block me.

“You must be Joon? The rare case.” Eunji commented and glared at Joon.

“I don’t know who you are or what you’re here for but if you’re planning to hurt her,” he said as he flicked his head in my direction, “I’ll have to stop you right there.”

Eunji gave a feminine chuckle. “How cute. Get out of my way or else the girl behind you won’t be the only one getting purified.”

The three of us stayed in our position. The air around us was tense and at that moment I really wished Kikwang was here to fix things up. That was his job right?

Sudden whispers suddenly erupted around us and I saw Joon’s co-workers staring at him and whispering to each other. Oh right. They can’t see me. Joon must look like a total poser right now. I lifted my heels and peaked over Joon’s shoulders.

“Joon, people are watching you weirdly.” I whispered and Joon finally snapped back into reality and looked around him. He hung his head low in embarrassment and pulled out his phone from his back pocket.

“Look, I’m not going to let you hurt her, not after everything that she’s been through. She doesn’t deserve whatever you’re going to do to her.”

Eunji rolled her eyes. “Move!”

“How about you move, away from here.” Joon retorted.

Eunji began to look irritated. “That’s it.”

She raised her arm and huge sparks stared to form, creating a ball of light.  

A figure suddenly materialised from thin air and held onto Eunji’s hand. I recognised her! it was the same person with Kikwang just minutes ago. She had cuts all over her arm and she seemed to be out of breath.

“Tiffany?”

“Eunji what are you doing? It’s not our job, we can’t hurt him.”

Joon narrowed his eyebrows.

Eunji swung her arms down in frustration and glared at Joon. “Why are you protecting her?  Do you love her? Don’t you know she’s killin–”

Tiffany’s hand cupped over Eunji’s lips to stop her from saying anymore. “Enough!” She demanded, “Let’s go.”

The two of them suddenly disappeared and I was left standing in shock. My legs gave way and I had to grab onto Joon’s arm for support. “I need some fresh air.”

“Ok I’m coming right away. Can you walk?” Joon said into his phone.

I nodded.

Joon closed his phone and looked over at the unwanted audience he had attracted. “Sorry guys, I’ll be leaving early today, emergency situation.”

“What is he doing?” I heard one of his colleagues whisper along with others wondering the same thing.

We exited the building and Joon had driven me back to his house. He helped me onto his couch and sat beside me.

“What’s going on?” He asked.

I bit my lip. “I have no idea either.”

The TV suddenly . We heard white noise and then a face appeared, making the both of us jump in surprise. It was Kikwang.

“Hey. Are you ok?” I asked.

“Fine.” He stated, “Joon you don’t want Hyosung to get hurt right?”

“Of course not.” Joon said immediately.

“Ok good. Then stay by her side all the time! The Keepers can’t do anything if you’re around. It’s not their job to deal with the rare cas–I mean you, yet.” Kikwang said and let out a look, implying that was a close one.

The TV then turned off. Leaving millions of questions running through my head. What is going on!?

******************************

YAY FIANLLY ANOTHER UPDATE! I deeply apologise for keeping you guys waiting like this! Thank you for sticking with me and being patient. I love you guys!! <3

As always thank you for reading <3