The Beginning

I've Fallen For You But I'm Dead...

 

Recap

Our lips locked and I could feel all the energy I received earlier drain back to Joon’s body. The dust on me turned into a bright light and disappeared before my very eyes.

“Thank you.” I whispered again not knowing that from that point onwards I had started to develop strong feelings for the human who helped me. I just didn’t know when the seed he had unwarily planted was going to bloom.

Joon’s POV

I woke up and my surroundings were a blur, everything that happened seemed to have passed over and my body felt heavy against the soft mattress below me.

“How did I get back from the park?” I wondered as I slowly pulled the sheets off and shook my head to relieve my sleepiness.

“Your awake!” Thunder’s voice boomed beside me.

My body wasn’t accustomed to the loud noise so early in the morning that my hand instinctively flew up and accidentally slapped my brother across the face. My mouth hung open as I realised what I had just committed.

“Thunder, I’m so sorry,” I apologised and hoped that he wouldn’t realise the red hand mark on his delicate skin.

He scoffed, “Sorry my ,” he said sarcastically while he grabbed the nearest pillow and shoved it in my face. He continued to playfully hit me and to defend myself; I grabbed another pillow and blocked his blows.

I don’t know how an innocent hit ended up like this but moments later, the both of us were immersed in a fierce battle of ‘who-can-hit-the-other-person-the-most- with-a-pillow’.

This little activity surely made up for my lack of morning exercise. As we both stood facing each other heavily breathing, Thunder made the first move. He held out his pillow like a long sword and pointed it towards my face.

“Last one to get ready for work loses,” He said so quickly that I almost couldn’t catch it and ran out of my room.

Feeling cheated that he had a head start; I also ran towards my closet and rummaged around for one of my work suits.

“Where is my tie?” I asked in frustration as my matching tie was nowhere to be seen.

“Looking for this,” a voice said and an arm was extended from the closet holding my desired tie.

Delighted, I grabbed the tie from the hand and placed it around my neck. After a second of realising what had just helped me I turned my attention back to the hand but it had disappeared. My eyes darted from one side to the other and I squinted to get a clearer view of the darkness behind my clothes. I was anticipating for something to jump out at me, or grab me but nothing happened.

Just when I had let my guard down, two arms came from behind and covered my eyes.

“Guess who?” a sweet voice asked and I immediately recognised who it was. What other female would suddenly appear in my room without warning, it could only be Hyosung.

“Hyosung I know it’s you,” I replied with her hands still covering my eyes. I gently moved her hands from my eyes and turned around.

“Yo!”

“Ahhhh!” I screamed in shock and tumbled backwards. Kikwang’s dark figure stood over me as he tried his hardest to hold back an almost exploding laugh.

“You scared me,” I said as he continued to snicker. He extended his arm and I used it as support to get back up.

“Sorry, that was too funny.”

“What’s with the wake-up call all of a sudden?” I asked.

“Ah, right. I was dropping by to check on you. Are you feeling… ok?” He asked with a hint of uncertainty.

“I’m feeling fine. Why? Should I be feeling sick or something?” I questioned.

“Oh, no, no. Feeling fine is good… it’s all good.” He replied with a pause. Something didn’t seem right, “Well, that’s good to hear. I guess I’ll leave you to your… whatever, you need to do. See you around.” He said and disappeared in a flash.

Well that was weird. At that moment, Thunder came running in panting heavily screaming, “I win!”

I rolled my eyes, “Whatever.”

I was still concerned about Kikwang’s reaction to my condition. Was I supposed to feel different?

~~~

Hyosung’s POV

“Why does Joon leave work so late?” I asked myself as I stood outside the building Joon was working at. “Maybe I should give him a surprise visit,” I suggested and teleported into his office.

People were rushing past me on phones or carrying stacks of paper work. It must’ve been busy. I spotted Joon behind a computer typing at the speed of light which was quite impressive. I sneakily walked towards him, since he was concentrating on the screen, I don’t think he even noticed me.

“Boo!”

Joon’s hands flew up as he jumped right out his seat and almost scared the people around him. His reaction was way too funny. His colleagues gave him a worried look and Joon smiled in embarrassment. I playfully poked me tongue out and smiled.

“Sorry.”

“What is with you spirits scaring me today, first Kikwang and now you,” he whispered so no one could hear him.

“So that’s his name, Kikwang? Sounds evil already.” I commented and Joon gave out a small snicker.

“What are you laughing at?” A female with wavy black hair suddenly wheeled her chair over to Joon and asked. She was so pretty.

“Oh, Hyomin it’s nothing. I just remembered something funny,”

“Joon you know how I mentioned my friend’s dinner party,”

Joon nodded.

“Well, I was wondering if you could come and be my partner for it.”

Joon looked surprised. “You want me to come? Sure, I’d be happy to,”

Hyomin’s face brightened. “That’s awesome! It’s next Saturday. I’ll give you more details when we’re closer to the date.”

Joon smiled and Hyoming went back to her desk. Somehow my heart felt tight. Knowing Joon was going to a party with such a pretty person made me realise that he had a life too. He wouldn’t want a ghost always hanging around him.

He suddenly got out his phone and started talking into it.

“So sup?”

I knitted my eyebrows, was he directing that at me? He was waiting for a response and I finally understood what he was trying to do.

“So this is how we’re going to communicate in front of people now? You’re going to pretend you’re on the phone?” I asked amazed at how he came up with such a useful tactic.

“Pretty much. Hey why don’t you meet me after work? I’ll talk to you then.”

He gave a charming smile which made my heart skip a beat. Oh no, I thought to myself. Is this what it feels like to begin to fall… in love?

I immediately disappeared from the room before Joon noticed anything out of the ordinary. I ended up sitting on the bench located at the park. I blew out a random gust of air and tried to think of something else beside my feelings. I suddenly felt a whoosh of wind and in an instant; Kikwang was standing in front of me with a serious expression on his face.

“Is something up?” I asked curiously.

“Yes actually something really big is up.” His tone was sharp and he didn't seem to be joking. 

I wasn’t expecting that kind of answer.

“What’s wrong?” I asked now completely worried.

Kikwang paused and took an extremely long blink. He took a deep breath and then opened his mouth to speak.

“The problem is… you.”

****************************

Thank you for reading!! Please vote, comment and subcribe! XD

Also, thank you for your patience everyone! Sorry for taking so long to update, the reason is... (drum roll)

I've started a new fanfic!! I'm entering this particular fanfic in a writing contest so if it's not too much trouble please go have a look at it. >.< 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/298315

Thank you <333