By Your Side

I've Fallen For You But I'm Dead...

 

Recap

“Ok good. Then stay by her side all the time! The Keepers can’t do anything if you’re around. It’s not their job to deal with the rare cas–I mean you, yet.” Kikwang said and let out a look, implying that was a close one.

The TV then turned off, leaving millions of questions running through my head. What is going on!?

Joon’s POV

I looked blankly at the TV. How did my life turn out like this? I looked over at Hyosung and she seemed extremely tired.

“You alright?”

Hyosung nodded her head. “I’m sorry for causing you all this trouble. I guess it would be best if I left.”

I immediately stood up and took hold of her wrist. “You can’t go. Remember what Kikwang said, you have to stay beside me if you don’t want to get hurt.”

Hyosung cheeks flushed red and she looked down. “But what if–”

“Nuh-uh. You. Me. Are now inseparable.” I said as I shifted my hands to hold hers, linking our fingers to prove that she couldn’t go anywhere without me.

She immediately faced the floor and I noticed a smile forming on her face. She’s so pretty when she smiles.

I cleared my throat and began to hide how embarrassing this was making me feel. I suddenly heard the door unlock and Thunder came in tiredly. I glanced over at Hyosung but realisation soon hit me, she couldn’t be seen.

“Oh, Joon. You’re early!” He exclaimed as he took off his coat and loosened his tie.

“Yeah, I didn’t feel too well.”

Thunder nodded. He looked up and his eyes focused on the area next to me.

“Is something wrong…?” I asked slowly.

Thunder came closer examining the location where Hyosung was standing. Don’t tell me he could see something?

“Joon, did you leave my room open?” He asked as he walked past me. My eyes widened as I witnessed his body walk through Hyosung’s. I didn’t think that could actually happen. Seeing really is believing. I let out a sigh of relief. He sure scared me.

I looked down at my hands and didn’t realise they were still intertwined with hers. Her hands felt soft– for a ghost–and her thin fingers seemed to fit perfectly into mine. To be honest, I was feeling all warm inside. I haven't held a girl's hand since I graduated from Uni. 

It was a little awkward having Hyosung around all the time. She would sit there while Thunder and I did our usual activities. It was time for dinner and I just wanted to say “would you like some?” and shove a spoonful of Thunder’s delicious cooking into , but I had to restrain myself. Since Thunder couldn’t see her, I had to be careful.

“Hey, could you pass me a serviette?” I asked.

Hyosung smiled and willingly lifted a serviette off the table. I gasped and quickly took hold of it in case Thunder saw. What would he think when he witnesses a floating object? I shuddered. The outcome wouldn’t have been good.

“Never mind.” I said again as Thunder looked up from his plate of food, just about to reach his hand out for the pile of tissues.

“Oh.” He sounded slightly surprised, “ok then.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Damn, what are we going to do about this?” I asked worriedly as Hyosung climbed onto my bed.

“What do you mean?” She asked as she started to make herself comfortable and pulled the blankets over her.

I forced a smile. Am I supposed to sleep on the floor or something? I scratched the back of my head in frustration and took a seat on my chair.

“I’ll sleep here then,” I said. I folded my arms across my chest and felt exhausted.

“Nights,” Hyosung whispered and thoughtfully switched the lamp light off.

A smirk formed across my face. Too bad Hyosung couldn’t see it. “Good night,” I whispered back and let my eye lids drop.

Thunder’s POV

The house seemed to be extra chilly today. Something kept on bothering me, there was something strange and I hated that feeling. It was already late and I didn’t want to bother Joon but my curiosity got the better of me.

It seemed to get colder as I walked towards his room. Did he turn the AC on? What was he thinking? It wasn’t even that hot.

Worried that he would catch a cold the next morning, I opened the door ever so slowly so I could turn the AC off for him. I had to let my eyes adjust to the darkness as I took a step inside. The moonlight was only seeping through the curtains and didn’t give me much light to navigate my way in.

When my eyes adjusted, I saw Joon’s figure sitting on his chair, arms folded, head hung down to one side and asleep. I let out a sigh. How could he sleep here when there was a comfortable and welcoming bed right next to him? Sometimes, I just don’t understand how we’re related? We think so differently.

Being the wonderful and caring brother that I am, I carefully walked over and lifted him up.

Ugh. He was heavy. It was probably all that muscle that was causing the extra kilos. I laid him onto the bed and saw something unusual…

There was a gap in the blanket, as if an invisible object was holding it up. It was pretty dark so my eyes could’ve been playing tricks on me. I dismissed the thought and shrugged my shoulders, which wasn’t such a good idea. Joon was still in my arms and his weight was just a little too much for me. My arms collapsed and Joon rolled off onto the bed. I winced, scared that he was going to wake up and yell at me. However, he didn’t. He was still snoring.

“Phew!”

A small smile graced my lips as I took sight of my older brother. As always, he acted like the younger sibling. I shook my head slightly as I tucked him in.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Joon’s POV

Something felt soft. Was it another pillow? Assuming that it was, I pulled it closer towards me. I really didn’t want to get up at the moment. Everything just felt so comfortable right now.

WAIT!

Wasn’t I sitting up last night?

My eyes instinctively flew open.

I was in my bed… Hyosung was in bed last night… I’m hugging something… that something is definitely not shaped like a pillow…

My head looked down and there she was! I had my arm wrapped around her. She had her back to me and was sleeping without any awareness of the crime I was committing. I was freaking out. How? When? What the hell happened?

It wasn’t that I was sleeping in the same bed as a ghost that bothered me; it was the fact that I actually found it… comfortable. My tired body refused to move and deep down, I was actually enjoying this. No, this isn’t right! I mentally scolded myself over and over again.

I tried to calm myself and carefully lifted my arm away from her. As a consequence Hyosung suddenly moved and I twitched. She turned around and was now facing me. How am I going to get out of bed without her waking up and realising? Did ghosts even sleep?

My shocked expressions softened as I saw Hyosung lying innocently. Her facial features relaxed and calm. I moved my arm out of the sheets and placed it under my head. My other arm remained on Hyosung as I was afraid that she would wake up if I moved it, even just the slightest.

I mentally laughed as I recalled all the events we’ve been through. We’ve come a long way and the best thing about it was I got to meet a strong willed ghost, a ghost by the name of Jun Hyosung.

Just when I thought this atmosphere couldn’t be disturbed, a blinding light flashed and caused me to close my eyes. After the light had died down, Kikwang stood in the middle of my room. Blood dripped from his right arm and his face no longer had the healthy glow it usually did. It was pale and he looked worn out.

“Joon, you gotta– ” he whispered with a strained voice.

Before he could finish his sentence, I watched as his body lost the ability to stand upright and crashed down towards the floor.

************************************

Thank you for being patient with me my readers!! I love you all and thank you to those who recently subscribed! Please anticipate the next chapter ^^

LOVE YOU! <3