You're a Ghost!

I've Fallen For You But I'm Dead...

Thunder’s POV

I held my breath as the doctor was about to finish off his sentence and mentally prayed that it was good news.

“I don’t know what happened but your brother… must’ve been really lucky. He didn’t break any bones and we seemed to have stitched up all the open wounds he had and stopped him bleeding. There’s a small bruise on his forehead but we checked and there’s no damage to the brain,”

I let out the breath I was holding earlier and couldn’t thank the doctor enough.

“Can we see him?” Seungho asked.

“He’s conscious now, so sure,” the Doctor replied.

I was so relieved! Seungho and I walked into the room and saw him lying there.

“Joon!” Seungho cried.

My brother opened his eyes and struggled to get up.

“Thunder? Seungho? Why are you here? What about the wedding?” He asked.

“Well, we heard about your accident so we ditched it,” Seungho said.

Joon looked a little upset, “I’m sorry guys. I should’ve been more careful and doubled checked to see if the gift was with me,”

“Aren’t you happy that you’re alive? You shouldn’t be worrying about those things now,” I said as I gave him a big hug.

“T-thunder, you’re kind of choking me,” Joon stuttered and I immediately released him and apologised.

Seungho had left to pick up Lauren and I stayed with Joon until he was ready to get discharged later that night.

“Come on, let’s go home,” I told him.

Joon nodded his head and we began the journey home.

Joon’s POV

I was absolutely exhausted. My head was throbbing and the first thing I did when we got home was lie on my comfortable bed. I was too tired to even wash my face or eat anything.

“Joon? Aren’t you hungry?” Thunder asked.

“I’ll eat in the morning,” I replied and waved it off.

Moments later I was asleep and my mind drifted into eternal nothingness.

The sound of someone whispering woke me.

“Thunder?” I said wearily.

I got up but he was nowhere near my room. My eyes took a while to adjust to the darkness and when it did, I scanned my room for the source of the whispers. A loud bang suddenly made me perk up.

“Was there like a robber in the house?” I quietly asked myself.

Fully awake now, I crept out of my room armed with my baseball bat. I walked down the hallway leading to the kitchen and no one was there.

“Am I just imagining things?” I asked myself as I gave the back of my head a little scratch.

I sighed and returned to my room when my stomach grumbled. I was suddenly so hungry. The clock ticked continuously and I glance over to check the time. 4am.

Well, it was nearly morning anyway so I guess it wouldn’t hurt to eat something now. I put my baseball bat back in my room and yawned as I quietly walked into the kitchen.

I opened the fridge and saw some left over pasta. A smile formed across my face as I got it out and prepared to reheat it in the microwave. Drumming my fingers on the kitchen bench, I waited for the pasta to finish heating. Suddenly, I saw a pale reflection on the microwave screen. Immediately, I turned around but no one was there…

My mind started to wonder off and think about the most ridiculous scenarios. I shook my head to stop and told myself I’m only going to scare myself. The sound of the microwave sounded and I got my pasta out. Retrieving a fork from the draws, I walked over to the couch and began to eat it.

I was eating peacefully when suddenly that pale figure appeared again on the reflection of the TV. I blinked a few times to double check if I was just seeing things but the figure was still there. My heart rate started to increase. I didn’t want to turn my head but it was an automatic reaction.

My mouth gaped open but I couldn’t scream. Standing in front of me was a woman. She was dripping wet with water and had a lifeless expression on her face. My heart was now beating extremely fast and I tried to slow it down by taking deep breaths but my eyes were locked on the woman standing in front of me.

She took a step closer and it made me jump right out of the couch.

“W-wait, d-don’t hurt me,” I stuttered. My head started to throb.

She took another step closer, then another one, and another one.

“Oh god,” I mentally screamed and in an instant, I passed out.

~~~

“ –oon, Joon,” I heard someone say as they gently tapped my cheeks.

I forced my eyes open and saw Thunder hovering above me.

“What happened?” He asked.

I sat up, “I don’t really know myself,” I replied and suddenly remembered that lady from last night.

I scanned around the room and she was gone. Thank god.

“Hey, don’t you have work?” I asked Thunder.

Thunder placed his hand on my forehead, “Are you ok? It’s Sunday today,” he said.

“Oh,” was all I managed to say.

The day passed very quickly and in a blink of an eye it was dinner time.

“Let’s go out and eat today,” Thunder suggested.

“Sure,” I said totally thrilled at the idea, “Why don’t we call Seungho and the others as well,” I added.

Thunder nodded and started dialling some numbers.

After he finished we grabbed the keys and walked out of the house.

“Seungho said he couldn’t come because he’s looking after Lauren, but Mir and G.O are meeting us at the restaurant,” Thunder informed.

“Sweet,” I replied.

We arrived at the entrance of the local restaurant and found a table for four. Minutes later, Mir and G.O arrived.

“Hey,” Thunder yelled and waved them over to our table.

They spotted us and walked over.

“Joon! We heard what happened, you ok?” G.O asked.

“Yeah, been better though,” I replied.

We began to talk about the wedding and Mir caused laughter every second. Our laughs were so loud that one of the waiters had to come over and ask us to lower our voices.

After finishing our meals, we fought over who should pay for the bill and eventually Thunder succeeded. Mir suddenly got a phone call and had to leave.

“Thanks for the meal,” G.O said and also left.

I suddenly had the urge to go to the toilet so I excused myself for a while. I walked to the male toilets and saw a girl crying. She didn’t look any older than I was.

“Excuse me miss, are you ok?” I asked her.

She turned around and wiped away her tears.

“Y-you can see me?” She asked.

I laughed, hiding in a corner next to the restroom isn’t what I’d call a perfect hiding space. “Yeah, this isn’t exactly the best place to hide you know?” I replied.

She continued to wipe her tears, “I’m fine, thank you for asking,” she replied and walked off.

Well, ok then. My head started to throb again. Was the doctor sure I didn’t do something to it when I fell? I finished doing my business and returned to Thunder.

“Let’s go,” he suggested and we both walked back home.

On the way home I saw that girl again. Only this time she wasn’t crying and she was looking for something or maybe someone. I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Hey Thunder, you see that girl over there? You think she needs some help?” I asked him and he adjusted his head in the direction of my finger.

“Who? What girl?” He asked confused.

“That girl over there. She’s wearing a pale pink dress,” I informed.

Thunder shook his head, “I don’t see anyone,”

Ok, that was weird. I turned my head to the direction of the girl but she vanished. I tilted my head in confusion. Maybe she left...

We arrived home and went inside.

“I’m going to go in first,” Thunder said as he walked over to the bathroom.

“Yeah, ok,” I replied and started to take my shoes off in front of the entrance door. A hand suddenly tapped my shoulder. I turned around to see who it was and it was that girl again.

“Oh my god, you scared me,” I said.

She gave a bright smile and waved.

“Hey,” she said cheerily, “I’m Hyosung, Jun Hyosung,”

I gave a shy laugh, “I’m Lee Joon. How did you know I lived here?”

“Oh, I followed you. Didn’t you see me earlier?” She asked.

“Yeah I did,” I replied, “So is something the matter?”

She sighed, “I know this sounds really weird since we hardly know each other but, could you help find my brother?”

“You’re brother?” I questioned.

“Yeah, my brother. I’ve been trying to find someone to talk to since the accident but no one seems to listen, but that's ok because you appeared,” she replied with a grateful expression.

There were so many people she could've asked. I don't know how asking the stranger near the restroom was going to solve her problem. She seemed really desperate though so I decided to give her a hand.“So how would you like me to help?” I asked.

“Well you see,” she started, “I’ve been trying to find my brother but I haven't succeeded,”

"What does he look like? How old is he?" I started to question.

She started answering me and I began to have a vague picture in my head. "Well, I'll see what I can do," 

She then clasped my hands, "Thank you so much! I'll meet you tomorrow at the park across the road from here so we can talk about it further ok?" 

"Um, I have work tomorrow. What's your number, I'll give you a call," I said and got my phone out.

"Number? Oh, ghosts don't have phones. Didn't you know that?" She questioned.

Wait. Did I just hear her correctly. "I-I'm sorry but did you just say you were... a ghost?" I asked to confirm my doubts.

"Yeah, I'm a ghost. Didn't you know?" she replied. My head started to throb and my mind went blank. Oh. My. God. 

"D-don't come near me," I stuttered and jumped five steps back. The girl furrowed her eyebrows.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"S-stay away," I said but couldn't stop my stuttering, "What's wrong? I'll tell you what's wrong. You're a ghost!" 

***********

Chapter 2 is up! =D Omg how was it....? 

Thank you for reading and please subscribe and comment <3

Look forward to the next chapter ^^