Chapter 5: Thank You Eva

Sorry Sorry It Took Me So Long

 

--EUNHYUK POV 2—

The world is an ugly place. I realize that I can trust no one but myself. When I even can’t trust myself, then what is left for me in this world? If the person I love won’t look at me, then what is life worth living for? So why? Why am I still holding on to life?

Eunhyuk threw himself onto his queen sized bed and heaved a huge sigh. He had just come back from Super Junior’s living room where all the couples were squished together and he felt sick. Sick because the members were able to go on without him when the group used to depend on each other. The hyungs and the dongsaengs with girlfriends had missed so many practices even when they knew there was a concert in the next week. He couldn’t stand all this disgusting mush…especially…especially since Donghae was also one of them. He had sat there with his girlfriend Sunny, ignoring Eunhyuk, pretending to be immersed in the sappy movie. Eunhyuk sighed at the memory and buried his face in his pillow.

I should really change my face soon. I wonder if he’ll look at me again? I wonder if he’ll love me more if I had features like Sunny.

He rolled around on his bed, tangling himself up in his warm, silk covers. Only a few weeks ago had Donghae complimented Eunhyuk on his beautiful face. Now? There were no hugs, no smiles, no pats on the back. It was all so depressing. Why should he suffer while Donghae is ignoring him and being all happy with his girlfriend? Why should he be the one being depressed and lonely?

That’s right…why? Why should I be the one that has to steal glances at him and then feel a knot in my stomach? I’ll make him pay. I’ll make him regret he ever did this to me.

--30 MINUTES LATER--

Taking a deep, shaky breath, Eunhyuk pressed on the doorbell. He was at a huge house with the size close to a mansion. It was painted cream with light blue trims, and the irregularly large front yard was cleanly cut and infested with neat rows of forget-me-nots and white anemones. White anemones…fading hope and a feeling of being forsaken. How strange that it is that I feel that way. He pressed the doorbell again, but didn’t take his finger off the button- he let it ring on and on and on.

“Coming!” a girl’s irritated voice came from inside the house.

Eunhyuk stuffed his hands inside his yellow, checkered jacket. Muffled speech and rushed foots steps pounding on the floor grew louder as he waited. Finally, the polished brown door opened, revealing a prissy blondie with an unkempt look on her face.  

“Yah? Who is --,” the girl stopped midway. “Eunhyuk-ah??” she rubbed her eyes and Eunhyuk shrugged. “KYAAAHHH~ What are you doing at my house at such a late hour?” she asked. She ran her hands through her tangled blonde hair and smoothed her clothes.

Eunhyuk looked around him to make sure there was nobody there. “I need to talk to you. Can I go into your house?” 

The girl giggled and beckoned him in. “Of course , of course. Whatever Eunhyuk-oppa wants.”

Eunhyuk faked a grateful smile. “Thank you, Eva.”