Chapter 1: Girlfriend

Sorry Sorry It Took Me So Long

--After Super Junior’s Concert--

Eunhyuk plopped down on their soft leather couch. “Aish— this waiting room is so boring without the hyungs around.”

Sungmin joined him on the sofa and sighed, “What can we do? They’re all with their girlfriends, having fun.” T.T

Heechul came in, wedged between them and patted their shoulders, saying, “Come on, you guys, don’t be like that. We’ll get girlfriends soon enough, or at least, I will.” The other two looked about ready to punch him.

Ryeowook entered the cramped waiting room and stretched out across his three hyung’s laps. He complained, “Even if I did have a girlfriend, I wouldn’t be tall enough to look her in the eye.” Q.Q The three older ones exchanged glances that confirmed his statement. He easily fit across their legs, even while wearing extra soles in his shoes.

            They all heaved a collective sigh and pushed Ryeowook off their laps in a fit of childish anger. He rolled down their legs and onto the floor, and all the hyungs were secretly glad that they had an “eternal maknae” to bully when they were frustrated.

            Their time at the waiting room ended with them filing out of the tiny room and into their dorms, dragging a whimpering Ryeowook behind them.

            They decided to wait for their hyungs at the dorm. Eunhyuk got hungry within an hour requested a midnight snack. Sungmin and Ryeowook rushed to his aid, and Sungmin testily agreed to share the kitchen with Ryeowook. They went to sleep after their meal, pancakes-for-midnight-snack, which was apparently not good enough for Sungmin. He kicked Ryeowook out of his kitchen, only to drag him back so he could do the dishes. Q.Q

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

--Sungmin’s Point of View (POV)--

            He was strolling through Super Junior’s dorm, passing through the living room where all the couples of Super Junior were squished on two couches, engrossed in a sappy movie. He looked at their happiness longingly.

            Wow, I wanna be squished too… I guess… I guess it changes you. He unconsciously began to squish his own cheeks. I mean, before they got girlfriends, my hyungs would be vomiting all over the TV of they had to watch something like this. I want a girlfriend… “Whaaa…!”

            Ryeowook had suddenly popped up next to him and put his hand on Sungmin’s shoulder, scaring him to death. Sungmin turned red, embarrassed that his dongsaeng had caught him doing something awkward. “Hey hyung…” He looked a little uncomfortable. “If I start wearing high heels, will girls start to notice me?”

            Sungmin smiled cutely and innocently. “Ryeowook-ah, are you going to start cross-dressing now? I honestly don’t think that’s the right way to go,” he said sincerely.

            Ryeowook frowned, turned around, and walked away with face burning and whimpering inside. Q.Q Sungmin watched him go with a confused expression on his face, like “Did I do something wrong?”

            Kangin’s girlfriend stood up and walked over to Sungmin, squealing, “Omo! Sungminnie, you’re so cute!” She pinched his cheeks, and two red spots appeared on them. All the other girls squealed and came up to squish him too.

            Ooh… I’m finally being squished! *screams inside* My point of view is changing………?

            Suddenly, Leeteuk howled, “Aigo!” making him jump. “Sungmin, leave! You’re distracting our girlfriends from us… I mean, the movie!” The girls giggled at his slip and returned to their boyfriends. Leeteuk’s girlfriend slapped him playfully.

            Sungmin sarcastically replied, “Mianhae hyung” (sorry), and shuffled over to the bathroom, the nearest escape. He stared at his reflection in the mirror, rested his hand on its cool surface, and leaned in close. He sighed, scanning his reflection.

            Am I not manly enough for a girl to see me as a man instead of a… a pillow pet? Maybe I’m too girly, with my aegyo, and my pink clothes, and my cheeks. The hyungs always feel a need to protect me, and the girls treat me like a cute little kid! True, this is my personality, but “one” can change “oneself,” right?