Chapter 2: Something Fishy

Sorry Sorry It Took Me So Long

--EUNHYUK POV--

            Am I really that pathetic?

            Eunhyuk sat at his desk in school, spacing out, twirling his teddy bear pencil between his fingers. His thoughts were far away from the subjects that his teacher Madame MinJung was lecturing the class about, instead thinking about all the complications that had happened in the past week. He turned his head slightly, trying to steal a glance at Lee DongHae, his best friend. Just a week ago they had been friendly with each other, as they had been friends for seven years, ever since they debuted together as Super Junior. They understood everything about each other, so how could the arrival of one sissy, all-the-way-up-there American girl separate them? Eunhyuk couldn't understand the reason why everyone at school worshipped the new girl, Eva. It was so annoying how all the guys followed her around. What was so good about being American? Do Koreans suffer from a mass inferiority complex?

            Also, it was annoying how SHE followed HIM around. Her permed blonde hair got on his nerves since his own hair was a silky cream color. Because she followed him everywhere, Donghae now thinks that the two were going out, and therefore separated himself from the two “lovers.” Eunhyuk guessed that Donghae was trying to be understanding of their “relationship.” However, he shouldn’t act like he was doing what he thought was best for Eunhyuk, since it wasn’t benefiting him at all! Eunhyuk looked back and stared straight at the blackboard, vandalized with the demon teacher's scribbles that she called words. How annoying. Anything was annoying. Everything was annoying.

            Whatever...no worries. I guess I'll just have to try talking to Fishy again after school...I just hope....I just hope he won't ignore me again.

            Eunhyuk sighed at the thought and directed his sight at his chewed fingernails. He was an anchovy himself and Donghae was a clownfish. How can two fellow fishies not get along well?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
-- After School--

            "Donghae! Donghae-ah!" Eunhyuk grabbed his backpack and ran to catch up with his friend who had sped out the minute the bell rang. After finally catching up with him, Eunhyuk grabbed his sleeve and pulled him to a stop. Donghae stopped walking but didn't turn back or say anything to him; he just stood there.

            "Donghae...you know the rumors about me and Eva aren't true. You know that, right? Don't you believe me?"  Eunhyuk asked. At this the fishy turned around.

            "I see you with her everywhere!! It’s hard to believe that you guys aren't going out!" Donghae shouted. Eunhyuk stared at him.

            "So you don't believe me? Is that what you're saying? Donghae, I thought we understood each other! We see each other at the concerts a lot but you ignore me! It isn't my fault!" he replied.

            Donghae's face screwed up in frustration. "But I never get to talk to you alone anymore like we used to be able to. Don't you want that time back?"

            Eunhyuk shook his head. "I'm happy with you even when we aren't alone. That is enough for me. That is all I need to be happy!"Donghae pushed him against the wall. "BUT THAT ISN'T ENOUGH FOR ME. IS THAT ALL RIGHT WITH YOU? Don't be so selfish. Don't just think about what makes you happy...think about my happiness for once, will you?"

            Donghae released his strong grip on Eunhyuk and ran down the hall. He didn't know what to think...he was shocked that Donghae felt that way. Maybe they weren't as close as he thought... maybe he didn't understand a single thing about Donghae. He watched the back of Donghae disappearing around a corner.

            That's right...I'm always staring at the back of him...always just following him. Eunhyuk picked up his backpack from the floor. I want him to look at me. I guess I’m not enough for him. I want him to look at me again. I'll do surgery on my face if that will change me enough. I want Donghae back. I want him.