Final

The World Against Us

 

Been several months since Baekhyun had recovered and now he was placed at a treatment room. The doctor said that his chance was only approximately twenty percents or even less than that.

But Baekhyun could prove him wrong.

His family told them that he was a singer, they couldn't do such an operation through his throat or whatever it was.

One night, he got a visitor he had never expecting to be there.

''I know it's useless to talking to you at this moment, '' Chanyeol started, a bit hesitant at first. ''But let me make up of everything, Baekhyun-ah. ''

There was no reply from the singer.

''I can't lose you, I can't afford it, '' he continued but didn't dare to touch him even his finger. So Chanyeol was just standing there, in front of his beloved, as a suspect. ''I can't live without you. ''

''Park Chanyeol, '' Baekhyun broke his silence, speaking with his raspy voice. ''I had been born without you before, so what's the point of this with 'I can't live without you'?''

His tone had changed, there was nothing left. No warmth nor even smile of his. Almost empty with slight of anger in there.

Chanyeol took another steps closer to him. He was very thankful that God saved his Baekhyun, miracle did happen. But there was one thing that didn't change.

''I'm sorry, Baekhyun, '' he whispered almost desperately. ''I'm so sorry, I'm terribly sorry. ''

''Tell me, Chanyeol, '' Baekhyun turned to him, show him his expressionless face as he tried to holding back his tears. ''If everything can be settled by the word 'Sorry' then why would law and police exist?''

Chanyeol could no longer to hold it anymore, he pulled Baekhyun into a deep hug, buried his face in his hair. How he missed him so much, an urge to touch and kiss him, his skin, his familiar scent.

It was musk.

''Please, Baekhyun-ah...''

''I don't know how to hold on to you—hold on to your heart any more, '' he didn't hug him back. ''And I can't hold on to something that doesn't exist anymore. ''

''Please, please, '' Chanyeol tightened his hug. ''Let's start all over again. ''

Baekhyun's eyes saw the marks that Kris had made on his lover. The marks that weren't made by him, that weren't from his lips nor his teeth.

''You already left me, your heart has left me; even your body has left me as well. You should've just said it if you want to end this.''

''No, I'm sorry for hurting you. I love you and I'm sorry. I was wrong, my heart belongs to you and it has always been—''

Baekhyun pushed him away, he managed to avoid his gaze. ''Let's break up. ''

No, it can't be. He must be joking about breaking up, right?

''There's nothing between me and Wu Fan, not anymore. Please, Baekhyun. Only God knows how much I'm begging for your forgiveness right now. ''

''The broken heart doesn't get repaired easily, Chanyeol. ''

 ''Then you broke my heart as well if you leave me this way! '' He almost yelled at him. ''Now I know that you're the one that I want and I need. ''

''Let's break up. ''

''I can't lose you, I love you. Baekhyun-ah, I'm sorry.''

''Let's break up.''

''What should I do to make you to forgive me? What should I do to convince you that this heart still belong to you? I can't live without you—''

Baekhyun burst out into tears, ''If you can't live without me, why aren't you dead yet?! You are already losing me anyway! There's no fire without some smoke, Chanyeol. You know that it's been too long for us, there's nothing left behind but emptiness. If it had to come to an end, let's end it this way.''

Chanyeol really couldn't let him go. He had sworn that he'd hold on to him till the end, he wouldn't repeat the same mistake.

 

***

 

The doctor allowed Baekhyun to went back to his house. The headlines on the newspapers and social media were displaying the same title 'Oppa of Nations has been recovering and take some rest before his comeback stage'.

Kyungsoo, Yixing and Baekhyun were sitting on the couch. It was already winter, the weather was very cold and frozen outside. They were hugging a mug of hot coffee on their laps.

Baekhyun's condition was getting better now, he didn't look as pale or skinny as before. His recovery was incredibly fast, and they had avoiding for mentioning one name since weeks ago but seemed like Kyungsoo couldn't help to ask.

''Hyung, why did you let—let him go?''

Baekhyun turned his gaze from the snow outside the window. ''I can no longer fight for him. I won't let him take my sanity, if I insist to remain with him...''

''Answer me honestly, Baekhyun, '' Yixing asked him, ''do you still love him?''

Baekhyun only gave him a weak smile, ''Like dust, will those memories change and leave?''

Kyungsoo patted his shoulder and smiled to encourage him, ''Well with every gain, there's a loss. Even a falling star still shines, right?''

''Yah, watch out of his head, Kyungsoo!'' Yixing pulled him immediately.

Baekhyun chuckled cautiously, tried not to hurt his broken ribs. Not only his heart, his ribs too.

''He must be with him right now. ''

Yixing gave him a certain answer, ''Wu Fan ge didn't get back to Tao. He found out about his affair with him.''

Baekhyun knew that he had made the right decision.

''So they're together now, '' said Kyungsoo, ''when the world is against them. ''

''Even when the world is against them... '' Baekhyun repeated his words, then over again in his mind.

 

***

They were laying on his bed, panting and gasping for some air. Kris’ hands were examining his body. He stared at the perfect slender body under him in adoration.

His flawless skin, his kissable lips, his silky hair.

Kris made another marks on Chanyeol's neck and his collarbone. He didn't stop him. So he could officially claim him now?

Kris bent down to stole his pinkish lips, but Chanyeol suddenly put his hand on Kris' chest. There was a hesitation in his eyes for a second but then, for Kris relieved, Chanyeol let Kris to kiss him.

Their lips met, pressed each other, fought for a dominance. But Chanyeol closed his eyes as Kris deepened their kiss.

All he could taste, he could feel, and he could smell was his. There was nothing else.

''Baekhyun-ah...''

But Kris was okay with it. 

 

the end

A/N: Actually I've written this done since the first time I posted it here. At first I was going to make this as oneshot but for some reasons I decided to make it into chaptered, so here it is! And fyi I'm a Baekyeol shipper, but KrisBaekYeol is really  heartouching when it comes to drama or involving third party kekeke~

Thank you for reading and commenting, for silent readers and subscribers, I love you! <3