Chapter Two

The World Against Us

 

''So he didn't try to stop me...''

He was wrong all this time. About everything. About their relationship. And Chanyeol.

He had been wrong about Chanyeol and the lies he had built. Not only Chanyeol cheating behind his back, he was lying, Baekhyun couldn’t deterimine whether Chanyeol telling him the truth. Now he realized, it was too late though, that it’s been a long time, of course. But why Kris?

They had known and be friends for years. And what about Tao? Kris already had his Tao for his goddamn entire life.

Baekhyun just couldn’t bear it, he was just too tired. Tired of everything. So what’s the point of being a famous singer, sacrificing his precious time, pursuing his dream, but losing his lover? So encouragements which came from Chanyeol were completely bulls?

He didn’t give a of rumor that Tao’s family were against him and Kris which caused their break up. Or Chanyeol was another reason, perhaps?

It hurt when Chanyeol didn’t stop him, it left him the most painful wound  more than when he saw them were making out.

Tears were flowing on his pale cheeks, it was something beyond his control. This heartache, an icy claw which grip his heart, choking his throat. His sights were blurry, his palms were shivering uncontrollably. Never been in his life he felt this miserable than ever…

“If he still wanted me in his ing life, “ he managed to choke out those words, “he should’ve stopped me. If he still wanted this relationship for his own he could’ve just turned away from Kris since the first place…”

Then if Chanyeol kept coming back for Kris, even he already had Baekhyun, even there was Baekhyun around, he must be wanting him so much, right?

Another tears fell from his eyes, so this is the feeling of being broken-hearted. The lovey-dovey songs he had usually sung were completely different from this.

 

***

 

''C'mon, just pick up the ing call...'' he muttered at the phone, each day he was getting anxious, there was a fear that he might be losing his Baekhyun.

No, he'd definitely losing him. After witnessing them two days ago, Baekhyun wouldn't forgive him that easily.

''Hello, this is Byun Baekhyun, but he isn't on the line to answer the call. Just call him later because he must be busy right now. Thank you! ''

And now he refused to answer his call. Chanyeol heaved a sigh as he shut his phone. He didn't even have any guts to come to his house and point out his excuse.

''What happen?'' Kris sat beside him on his bed. Chanyeol remembered he had only given the duplicate key to his official lover, not with Kris. And now he knew why he didn't give it to him.

''Baekhyun didn't answer my calls. ''

''So what?''

''So what? '' Chanyeol finally turned to face him directly, eyes to eyes. ''So he is my ing boyfriend, Wu Fan!''

''I know, me too, right?''

Chanyeol threw his hands on his head in frustration. ''Look, we should just stop. It's over. ''

''Why? After what we've done? Tell me, Chanyeol, why do you still with me while you're sticking with him? It's been almost a year and—''

''Wu Fan, please, don't make me feel worse than I've already felt, okay? '' Chanyeol stood up, covering his face with his hands. ''We should've known that this is not right even since the beginning. ''

''Not right? Chanyeol, you were the one that came to me, '' Kris said in furious.

Chanyeol knew, Kris was saying the truth.

''It's over, Wu Fan, '' He finally declared, tried to break any eye contacts with Kris.

''You can't. I want you and you know you want me, Chanyeol. ''

He couldn't lie, he did want Kris. Actually everything in Kris was very addicting, yes he was physically perfect. Who wouldn't fall for Kris anyways?

''Tao's still waiting for you, right?'' Chanyeol spun on his heels. ''We can go back to our normal life—''

''You're the one who made me forget about him!'' Kris gripped his wrist.

Suddenly Chanyeol's phone was ringing, he managed to take it out from his pocket. He blinked his eyes for several times when he saw the caller ID.

He answered the call, ''Baekhyun-ah, listen, I'll come to your house now—''

''This is Do Kyungsoo, Baekhyun's manager,'' the voice there was interrupting him. ''Do you have already know that Baekhyun has been hospitalized due to a car accident?''

''Acci—what?''