Chapter 3 - Shattering the Bottle

When the Moon Pulls the Tide

A week had passed and the weather was less pleasant, rain and colder winds blew.

 

“What’s up with the weather man? It’s summer!” Wooyoung was less than content and jumped head first on the couch on top of Junho.

“Damnit Woo get off me!” Junho yelled. Wooyoung was laughing.

“Actually we should be asking, what’s up with Chansung?” Junsu came in after hearing the ruckus.  Chansung had been less than cordial to everyone in the house as of late. He would get home from practice and go straight to his room. Not answering anyone, not even looking at anyone.

“Ne, I’m worried about our maknae, he’s not even eating” Taecyeon chimed in worry wrinkled his eyes.

Right on cue the door opened and Chansung walked through the living room with puffy red eyes.

Everyone turned to look and said something along the lines of “hey Chan!” or “whats up man?”.

Chansung didn’t even budge, if anything he picked up his pace and power walked right out of the living room. Soon after the sound of a door shutting echoed throughout the dorm, leaving the boys in silence.

“What the hell is up with him?” Junsu asked.

“Someone should go talk to him.” Junho stated.

Silence- no one spoke. No one knew how to deal with the issue at hand. No one even knew what was wrong.

“Taecyeon go” Nickhyun commanded.

“Yeah Taecyeon go see what’s wrong with him” everyone else mimicked.

“Wae, why me?” Taecyeon asked.

“Because you’re closest to him, now go dude!” Nickhyun commanded once again. Everyone shook their heads in agreement, and Taecyeon got up and started walking slowly towards the door.

“I used to be closest to him…” Taecyeon mumbled sadly.

 

Chansung’s eyes were waterfalls crashing against his cheekbone rocks. Ignoring his hyung turned into ignoring his hyungs, he couldn’t control his feelings. He didn’t know how much longer he could keep up this façade. He loved his hyungs more than anything, and with the busy schedules they were honestly the only people who he knew well. The people he cared about. He didn't like acting like this, but he felt like he had to.

“Channie...” the door creaked open which partially lit the dark room, which revealed a worried Taecyeon.

“Go away hyung!” Chansung choked on his tears, the fact that these were the first words he had said to Taecyeon within the last week stung even more.

“Chan tell me what’s- are you crying?” Taecyeon came over to try and console Chansung.

“Please Taecyeon leave me be.”  Still, Chansung was wheezing on tears.

“Ani, yoebo tell me what’s wrong.” Once again Taecyeon accidently let the yoebo slip out. ‘’ mentally cursing himself.

Chansung looked up his hyung, he couldn’t take it anymore, bottling up his emotions wasn’t working. The word “yoebo” shattered the bottle that was Chansung's emotions. Chansung clung on to his hyung full force and tears fell like a running faucet.

“SorryhyungIjustdon’tknow-“ Chansung started to cough out quickly but was cut off by Taecyeon putting his index finger across his soft lips.

“Shhh... it’s okay, everything will be fine” Taecyeon reassured the maknae and embraced him in the hug.

“Ani! You don’t understand everything won’t be alright! It’s so confusing.” the tears continued to race down Chansung’s face.

“What’s so confusing? Taecyeon was curious now, and positioned himself out of the hug but still held onto Chansung’s hand.

The tears stopped and Chansung’s face went white. “I-I c-can’t t-tell you.” Chansung stuttered.

“You can tell me anything Chan, obviously this is eating you up. You just need to let it out.” Taecyeon reassured him.

Chansung looked at Taecyeon with big watery eyes, pouty lips, and shook his head, looking like a young child who just got their ice cream stolen.

“Chan tell your hyung, I promise it’ll help. Trust me” Taecyeon was still pushing.

“Ani” Chansung said sounding even more like a young child.

“Aish! well when you’re ready come to ME first, you can always trust me, ne?” Taecyeon got up, ruffled Chansung’s hair and walked towards the door.

“HYUNG!” Chansung got up out his bed, trying to stop Taecyeon from leaving.

“Chan?”

“Can… can you stay with me tonight please? I-I don’t want to sleep alone.” Chansung’s face heated up and turned bright red from embarrassment from realization of what he just asked. He looked down to hide his face.

Taecyeon chuckled. “Aish this is what I get for having such a have such a cute donsaeng- Of course Channie.”  Taecyeon responded with a smile.

 

Little did they know someone was watching them from behind the cracked door the whole time. “aish, they’re too cute, clueless but cute”  he chuckled and walked off.