Chapter Two: State of Confusion

Perfume

Soo Ji's POV:

 

"Ahh, He sounds like a dream!" my mother exlaimed as she collected the dishes from the table, " You have to introduce him to us sometime." "Eommaa," I whined as I sat on the couch with a plop, " I told you, he's not my boyfriend." She turned to look at me with a puzzled expression," Bwoh? But I thought you said-" "We're only friends," I interruped. My father chuckled looking up from his newspaper. "She just doesn't want to admit it," he said. I scowled. "Oh, stop teasing her," my mother said setting a plate on the counter," Anyway, best you get to bed Soo Ji." I stood up and gave my dad an awkward hug goodnight, then walked into the kitchen. Pulling me into a hug, my mother the hair on the back of my head. "To think , this is the last year I'm going to have your company." I hugged her tight, " Don't worry, I'll visit often, I promise." After releasing me, she pinched my cheek with a smile."Now, Go! Sleep!" She shooed me away. I laughed as I walked down the hall. 

  "I don't like him, do I?" I said in thought ,splashing cold water onto my face, "He may seem like an angel to my parents, I could never like him that way."   Dabbing my face with a towel, I then reached for my brush. Slowly brushing the strands, I flinched as several knots of hair made their presence known. "Ach." I set the brush down, and flipped the light switch on my way out. Gently opening the door, I peeked into my baby brother's room. Seeing him sleeping peacefully brought a small smile to my face. Closing the door, I walked a little ways until reaching my room. Grabbing my laptop, I sat on my bed. I opened the screen, and   logged into Facebook, hoping there was something worth looking at. I eyed the message tab. "Only one?" I thought as I scrolled over to it.  Amber Liu's name appeared in the dropbox. I clicked to view the full message:

Meet me in the courtyard after school.

I have something to ask you.

 

"Bwoh?" I carefully read the words again. "Wonder what she wants to talk about," I thought to myself. Putting it aside, I closed up my laptop and pulled my bedsheets over me, closing my eyes. I slowly faded away..

 

  "So Siwon," Seunghyun said chewing a sandwich," What's your descision on this whole key club mumbo jumbo." "I'm not sure," Siwon replied, staring into his plate of salad, " No one is really holding up with the commitment to the club, so I might just shut it down. It's a complete waste and there's no progress." Seunghyun smiled and nodded. "Exactly what I was thinking." "Seunghyun~ aah!" JinRi yelled, " Stop chewing with your mouth wide open!" Looking at his girlfriend, he smirked still chewing, and put his arm around her. "Calm down." With a look of disgust, she stormed from the table. "What'd I do?" Seunghyun said with a mouthful of food. Siwon laughed, then turned to look at me. I sighed looking out the window to the open field. "You ok?" I heard him say.  I snapped back to reality . "Bwoh? what is it?" He smiled,  and put his hand on my shoulder. "Just making sure you were alright." I smiled a little. "Come here," he said wrapping his arm around me. I blushed. He looked at me funny, "You sure you're alright?" "Mm, yea I'm fine, " I said biting my lip. "Ooh," Seunghyun teased, " All of a sudden you two are an item now?" "Don't push it," I said. Siwon laughed at my remark, and continued talking to Seunghyun. I looked around, and my eyes locked on Amber walking into the cafeteria with her friend. "There she is." As she passed our table. Immediately, her eyes met mine. She stared for several seconds after I waved, and a big smile came across her face. "Who is she?" Siwon asked. I turned back to him. " Oh, she's a friend from P.E."  I said, watching as her friend pulled her towards the lunch line. "A good friend of mine."

  I compulsively checked my watch as I rushed to the courtyard after school. I burst through the gate just as Amber turned to leave. "Amber!" I yelled to catch her attention. She turned, and smiled as she walked towards me. "You got my message." I panted, " Of..of course I did. Now, what did you have to ask." "Right," she said. I saw her fidgeting with her fingers. "We're good friends, so I figured good friends should hang out together, " she said," So, if you have time any day , maybe we could just chill sometime?" I smiled," Sure, why not?" Amber smirked, and pulled me into a hug. A little startled by the move, I eventually ended up accepting the embrace. "Need some company on your walk home?" she asked ,her face still  buried in my shoulder. I nodded.  Pulling away, we started walking out of school together.