It's A Date! . . Sort of

Perfume

"Amber!" Heechul screamed in my ear. I blinked, looking at my surroundings. I felt Heechul poke at my shoulder, before my head turned in his direction. "What?" His expression was grim, as he let out a long sigh,"Could you please-?" Puzzled, I looked at him, then slowly, my eyes wandered across the cafeteria. To the person I had been intensely staring at for the last 15 minutes of lunch. She played with her fingers, occasionally meeting the eyes of her other friends at the table. A smile, a laugh, with the occasional tucking of hair behind her ear, while giving me small glances. How I wish I could fit in with them. "Your taking this a bit too far, you know that right?" I scoffed, adjusting my shirt, trying to sneak another glance. "Stop!" he shouted, slapping my arm. "Ow! Why did you--" "Because since Suzy agreed to hang out with you, you've been taking it as if you two are becoming an item. So it gives you the opportunity to stare at her for minutes on end, hoping she'll happen to see your angelic face." "I never said--" "NO, you're not making excuses, Amber." "Would you quit interrupting me!?" I yelled, " You won't let me finish." He sighed again, leaning back in his chair as he continued to frown. "Fine. Explain." "Okay," i said. 

 

Idunno. I mean, somewhat of what he said was true. Maybe I am getting a little in over my head, now that Suzy wants to hang out. I'm becoming a hopeless romantic, just waiting for a miracle that would make her like me the way I had wished. I can't be obsessed, I might mess things up. I guess I'll just see how things turn out. 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Annyeong!" I heard a voice say,when I was passing by attendance, as school neared it's end. Overcome with curiosity, I turned around and walked several steps back to the entrance of the office. Peeking in, I saw Suzy having conversation with the secretary, as well as several other girls doing odd jobs around the small facility. I listened in. "Ah, Suzy-sshi, you've grown up so much. How are your parents?" " They're good, thank you for asking." "Yaah, Suzy-sshi!" I jumped at the outburst of another girl in the office. She looked like a senior in our class. "So, tell me. You and Siwon, the President. Is it true?" "Oh my  god," Suzy said in english," ah, no no. We're just good friends. We have lunch together with JinRi and Seunghyun." "Ahh, Seunghyun," one of them said,"Aigoo. . he's so dreamy." "We have a few classes together too." Suzy giggled at the lustful comments of the women. Her laugh gave me the best feeling inside. I couldn't shake off the feeling of being such a stalker, but at the same time didn't care. She's got everything. "You have something to do this afternoon?" " I'm meeting a friend for ice cream," she said smiling. I froze, and a small smile appeared on my face. Omo, she's talking about me! That must mean--" "Ah, Ice cream sounds so good right now! Be a sweetheart and get me some? I've got so much paperwork I have to do before heading home.." Suzy giggled again. "I'm sorry, but I don't have enough money to buy you some. But I shall one of these days!" Picking up a paper, the secretary sighed,"  Arasso. Say hello to your mother for me!" With a wave,  Suzy turned to leave, and I made my dash to the front of the school.

I quickly tried to regain my composure, as I stood by the steps  where Suzy wanted to meet. I checked my watch, trying to create the façade that I had been waiting there for a short while. Several minutes passed, before I heard the doors to the school open, and the click of shoes coming down the steps behind me.

 

"Amber?" 

I turned to see Suzy, all dressed up in her uniform. She always seemed to make them look elegant, even when the color choices were a terrible match. "Hey."

"Hi," she said, with a small smile. "Ready to go?" She nodded, and I gestured for her to come along to my car.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

 

"Omo! This green tea flavor is so good!" Suzy exclaimed, happily munching on her ice cream. I smirked, digging a spoon into my paper cup," Talk about delicious, huh?" She giggled and nodded, swallowing another mouthful. "Is your friend giving you a hard time, since you're spending time with me now?" I let out a small laugh," A little. I guess because he's not used to anyone else. It's always been just me and him, y'know?" She nodded again, giving me her full attention. "I can understand that," she said," Sometimes it's like that way with my friends.. I mean, Siwon doesn't mind much, but it's mostly JinRi and SeungHyun who have the problem." "What is up with her?" I asked,"JinRi." "I'm not so sure myself, because I actually don't know her all that well." I was suprised at this information Suzy had just shared with me.  I kept listening.

 "Basically, she's head of the yearbook comittee , gets jealous easily. A tricky girl, always has something to hide." " Seems like it. She definitely made that clear yesterday." "Hmm?" "Oh," I said," I added her her on facebook just to see if she'd actually accept my rquest.  When she did she then immediately proceeded to message me some weird stuff, I didn't understand it." " That sounds alot like her," Suzy added," Honestly, she's not one of my best friends in the world. We don't really have much conversation when we hang out with the student body. I'm pretty sure she doesn't even like me that much." "Why is that?" She shook her head," She thinks I'm with Siwon, while she's with the VP  and she's not satisfied with having 'second best.' She wants to have the most popularity. "Are you with Siwon?" I asked, nervous of the answer I might get.

"No."

Thank god

 

  "We're just friends," she said, taking the last scoop of her ice cream," But I do know Siwon has affection for me." "Why do you hang out with all of them?" "At first I didn't want to, but my parents expected me to make big strides in school, and I wanted to keep them happy. What better way, than to make friends with the highest people in student body?"  I nodded. Makes sense. "They've met Siwon before, and they just keep pushing and pushing for me to date him. To them he's the ideal, not  to me." 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"You sure your alright?" I said, watching Suzy begin to shiver from the cold wind blowing as I walked her home. "Oh, n-no it's fine."  " Bull, here, take my jacket." I quickly took it off, throwing it over her shoulders. She pulled on the sleeves, and slowly zipped up the thick jacket. She looked at me, a small smile appearing on her face. "Thank You." " No problem, " I said with a smirk. This is working out just as I had hoped

  "We should do this again sometime," she said , approaching the door of her house. "That'd be awesome , yea," I said, with a small laugh. Pulling out a pair of keys, she turned the lock, until the door clicked. She then turned back to me, making her way into my arms. "I had fun. Thank you," she whispered. I couldn't help the small smile that formed on my face. She let go, and with a warm smile, she stepped into the house, and closed the door.