Next Step

[HIATUS] There's More Than Meets the Eye

 

Kahi brought Jung Ah to an island that was surrounded by water. There was absolutely nothing in site, only the blue ocean. Jung Ah looked around the island realizing that there was absolutely no living being on it. Kahi brought Jung Ah to the very center of the island, where there was a vast space of emptiness. The whole island was filled with tall trees and smaller plants.

 

Kahi: "Alright, let's get started."

 

Jung Ah: "Wait wait wait. This is the training ground? This!?" She exaggerated her hand gestured and waved them all around her.

 

This wasn't the training ground she was expecting. She thought it would be more extravagant and high-tech. But instead, what she got was nature.

 

Kahi: "Yes? What's wrong with this?"

 

Jung Ah: "This is just an island with a million trees! What am I supposed to do here? Learn to survive on my own for 5 days without food, water, and shelter!?"

 

Kahi: "You're not living here.. You're just training here. There's nothing but trees because it's necessary for your tests."

 

Jung Ah: "Tests? What tests!? I thought I was just learning magic."

 

Kahi: "And after learning, you get tested. Do you not go to school? This should be basic knowledge."

 

Jung Ah: "....Ugh fine whatever. Let's just get started." Jung Ah is not usually like this, she was just disappointed because she was hoping for something really cool. Kahi knew that, so she didn't lose her temper. In fact, she found it cute how Jung Ah was acting like that.

 

Kahi has been watching over Jung Ah for many years, like a gaurdian angel. Jung Ah has many sides to her and she's come to love each and every one of them. Sometimes she's annoying. Sometimes she's the cutest person alive. Sometimes she's someone you never want to encounter. Sometimes she's someone you want to do everything for.

 

Kahi understood Jung Ah's true feelings. Kahi understood that deep down, all Jung Ah wanted was someone to love. They say the prettiest eyes have cried the most tears and the kindest hearts have felt the most painKahi wanted to do everything for Jung Ah. She wanted to show Jung Ah that not everyone she loves will let go of her hand.

 

The only problem is, Kahi cannot fall for Jung Ah. Kahi cannot give Jung Ah what she wants. Kahi cannot show Jung Ah what true happiness is. Kahi cannot show her weaknesses to Jung Ah. She needs to be the strong and proud Kahi in front of Jung Ah.

 

As the day has come to an end, Kahi wrapped up the training.

 

Kahi: "Okay, we're done for today. Got the hang of the basics yet?"

 

Jung Ah: "Y-yeah pretty much." Jung Ah was laying on the ground with her whole body spread out. She was extremely exhausted from all the vigorous training. 

 

Jung Ah: "I've never worked that hard in my life..."

 

Kahi: "I know." She whispered, not wanting Jung Ah to hear it.

 

Kahi: "Come, I'll take you home." Jung Ah naturally wrapped her arms around Kahi's waist while Kahi wrapped hers around Jung Ah.

 

Kahi brought Jung Ah home and was about to say her good byes for the night. Jung Ah realized that she didn't know a single thing about Kahi.

 

Jung Ah: "Hey, Kahi. Wanna stay over tonight?"

 

Kahi: "And why would I want to do that?"

 

Jung Ah: "Since we're going to be in each other's life more often, why not just start off with nice sleepover?"

 

Kahi: "Ah.. Alright then. It's not like I have anything else to do tonight anyways." Kahi walked into Jung Ah's house after hesitating for a bit.

_____

 

Summer vacation is over in a few days and Jung Ah's abilities has improved greatly. She's no longer the same girl she was 2 months ago. Due to Kahi's training every day, Jung Ah is now ready to take her final test. Her previous test ended up with Kahi almost killing Jung Ah. Luckily Kahi was able to stop herself on time. Now that Jung Ah has the strength of an elder mage, she should be able to beat Kahi easily.  The only problem is that Kahi is swift and Jung Ah is not as fast as her.

 

Jung Ah: "Stop running like a coward!" She shouted while she was chasing Kahi. And first of all, Kahi wasn't running, she was flying. Jung Ah was flying as well. That was one of the first skills Kahi taught her. Jung Ah was so fascinated with flying, she just had to learn it.

 

Kahi: "You have to catch me. Your enemy isn't going to wait." And with that Kahi flew off.

 

Jung Ah: "Arrghh!! Stop!!!" Jung Ah sped up trying to catch up to her but, she lost sight of Kahi. At that very moment, Jung Ah thought of an idea and stopped chasing her. She went high into the sky and tried to eagle-eye where Kahi was. She saw some movement in the trees near the ocean. She aimed her magic there and heard a thud. She rushed down there and saw Kahi on the floor squirming in pain. 

 

Kahi: "Argadsf what was that for!?" Kahi groaned in pain.

 

Jung Ah: "Running away. And I caught you so hah I win!!" Jung Ah puffed out her chest and made a victory pose.

 

Kahi: "Well good. Then you're ready for the next step." Kahi nonchalantly got up from the floor and made Jung Ah raise an eyebrow.

 

Jung Ah: "You so faked that didn't you...?" Jung Ah frowned and Kahi smirked.

 

Jung Ah: "Ugh, what's the next step anyways? I thought I just had to train."

 

Kahi: "Well, if all you had to do was train. Then what's the point of training in the first place?"

 

Jung Ah: "Oh yeah...So.. Next step is..?"

 

Kahi: "Transfer to the most prestigious magic school in the world. That's where you'll do further training since you're able to beat me easily now."

 

Jung Ah: "Eh? Transfer to a magic school? What about my current school!?"

 

Kahi: "Your transfer papers have already been sent in. You were the first to be accepted since well.. Let's just say you're not as unknown as you think you are.."

 

Jung Ah: "...So where is this new school of mine?" Jung Ah brushed off Kahi's statement about being unknown.

 

Kahi: "The entrance only opens up once every year. You better be ready because if you're late, you're doomed. Go home and pack your belongings. See you in a few days!" And with that Kahi flew off into the sky.

 

Jung Ah flew home and saw that her luggage was already opened up for her. 

 

Jung Ah: "Hmm? Did Kahi do this for me? I still don't understand that girl.. Ugh whatever." She started packing up everything she needed as fast as she could. She was too excited to start a new school life in a prestigious school.

 

Jung Ah: "It must be super fancy." She giggled to herself.

 

________

 

A/N: I kind of rushed this chapter cause I just wanted to get into the story already so yahhhhhh :).

If there are any mistakes, sorry. I got too lazy to edit.

Comments would be lovely :D.