Most Powerful What!?

[HIATUS] There's More Than Meets the Eye

 

Jung Ah is living her life to the fullest, as a regular high school girl. Today was the last day of school so she decided to head straight home, hoping to lay in bed for hours doing absolutely nothing. She had a whole lot of free time today since she ditched her friends. She decided to take her time walking. The sun was already setting by the time she was at the corner of her block. She noticed a female figure standing in front of her house so she rushed there.

 

Jung Ah: "Hi, are you waiting for someone...or something?" 

 

Girl: "Yes, you." The girl grabbed Jung Ah's hand and ran without giving Jung Ah time to think.

 

Jung Ah: "H-hey! Where are you taking me!?" Jung Ah tried to stop the girl, but wasn't strong enough.

 

The girl didn't answer but, she eventually came to a halt in an abandoned construction site.

 

Girl: "You turn 18 today." She said coldly, showing absolutely no emotions. Jung Ah was starting to get creeped out.

 

Jung Ah: "How did you know? No one knows that, espeically a stranger like you..."

 

Girl: "I've been watching over you ever since your parents were murdered." 

 

Jung Ah: "Murdered? My parents died in a car accident, they weren't murdered!"

 

Girl: "That's what they told you, huh? Jung Ah, you're not the normal girl you think you are. You are a mage and also the most powerful of us."

 

Jung Ah: "Most powerful what? What the hell are you talking about? Are you high!?" Jung Ah scoffed. She didn't believe a single thing the stranger said. She turned around and started walking home.

 

Girl: "I'll give you two days. Two days for you to believe me. If you don't, I'll leave you alone forever." Jung Ah ignored her offering and continued walking.

 

A gust of wind almost threw Jung Ah off balance, which annoyed her even more. She turned around, ready to yell at the girl but, she saw that the strange girl had disappeared, almost like into thin air.

 

Jung Ah: "What the.. Where'd she go!?" Jung Ah looked all around here but she was gone. She decided to just brush it off and so, continued walking. As she started seeing the streets, she noticed that there was no one around. Not even a single sound was being made. Jung Ah saw that the food stands, department stores, parks, were all empty. Everyone had vanished, along with the girl she was talking to earlier.

 

Jung Ah: "W-what's going on here?" Jung Ah was starting to panic, she ran as fast as she could. She broke into houses and not a single person was around to yell at her. She ran home as fast as she could and slammed the door shut. Her heart was beating so fast, she felt like it would jump out of her body at any moment.

 

Jung Ah: "Is this her fault? Where did everyone go..? I feel like I'm the only one on this planet.. I-I don't want this." Jung Ah fell down against the door and started crying. She didn't want to bear the feeling of lonliness again. She didn't want to think about losing anyone again. And now, she lost everything..

 

Jung Ah: "W-what am I g-going to do now?" Jung Ah thought her life had ended, there's no way everyone can just disappear unless...

 

Jung Ah ran out, trying to find the place where the girl brought her. She couldn't because instead of looking at where they were going, she was too busy trying to escape from the girl's grip.

 

Jung Ah: "Hey, where'd you go!? Come out, I believe you okay!?" Nothing.

 

Jung Ah: "P-please.. Just come out already, stop hiding." Jung Ah was exhausted from running all over the place. Nothing again. Jung Ah was starting to lose hope until a gust of wind, once again, almost threw her off balance.

 

Girl: "Do you believe me now?" The girl appeared in front of Jung, but she was standing in midair.

 

Jung Ah: "H-how are you doing that?" Jung Ah was surprised when she suddenly appeared, but she was also curious.

 

Girl: "Magic. That's what I was trying to tell you earlier. You are the most powerful mage living right now. Whether you're aware of your powers or not. Whether you want this or not, you can't deny that fact."

 

Jung Ah: "Before all of that, I need answers..."

 

Girl: "Ask away.."

 

Jung Ah: "Who are you? How do you know me? What connection do you have with my parents? Were they really murdered? By who? How do you know I'm the strongest mage? What do you even want from me?"

 

Girl: "...My name is Park Kahi. You obviously don't remember me but, we've met a few times before when we were little. Our parents knew each other, so I.. obviously knew them as well. Yes, your parents were murdered. They were attacked by an opposing group of mages, our enemies basically. I know you're the strongest mage because it's been decided for you since birth. It's the same for everyone..Their power magnitude that is, and yours was the highest in almost a century. Your parents didn't want to throw all the burden on you and wanted you to live a normal life, so they didn't tell you anything. What I want from you is your cooperation. I promised your parents that I would do whatever it takes to protect you. I will not back out on my words. Satisfied?"

 

Jung Ah: "...Yes" She just nodded, trying to absorb everything in.

 

Kahi: "Good, now that you're cooperating.. We need to start your tra-"

 

Everything was happening so quickly so Jung Ah's body couldn't take it anymore. She fainted but before falling to the ground, Kahi caught her.

 

Kahi: "I guess this was a little too much for the princess.." She sighed and flew to Jung Ah's house with Jung Ah in her arms.

 

 

______

 

A/N: How was the first chapter? ^^