1st day

8 petals of a Flower

She sighed. She has been waiting for 3 hours already. She leaned by the chair, looks around, hoping that someone would finally fetch her. She then heard her phone beeping.

 

“Wei? Auntie?”

 

 Her aunt chuckled after hearing her irritated tone; she knew that her niece hates waiting.

 

“They kept you waiting I guess” her aunt said.

 

Jill sighed again. “Don’t worry; I’m sure they are on their way.”

 

“Yeah…right” Jill mumbled.

 

“Don’t be harsh on them okay? Be nice, we’ll see each other on Christmas” her aunt informed her.

 

“Okay” then she hanged up.

 

Jill closed her phone and kept it on her right pocket.

 

“Yeah... Christmas, that’ll be in like 11 months from now” she rolled her eyes.

 

Jill continued looking around until she noticed 8 lost guys walking to her. One of those guys, who wear fashionable clothes by the way, noticed her. He whispered something to the guy beside him. The guy, whom he whispered to, looks at Jill. She raised an eyebrow.

 

“Don’t tell me that they are the guys who will fetch me...” she thought. 

 

They continued staring at each other, until one of the guys finally spoke to her.

 

“Excuse me, but, are you Ms. Jill Yang?” the tall guy with deep dimples asked.

 

 Jill sighed and stood up. “Aren’t we going?” The tall guy couldn’t do anything but chuckle.

 

Ms. Yang, Jill’s aunt, already explained to them her niece’s attitude. What she hates and what she likes. The guys merely remembered everything so that the plan would work. 2 months ago, Ms. Yang went to search for 8 guys that could make her niece change. Ever since her parents died, Jill has changed. Everything was cold, gloomy and unimportant. She never laughs nor smiles. She just stands there and looks at you with no emotions. Ms. Yang knows that these 8 men can make her niece go back to her old jolly self, so she asked them to live with her for 1 whole year.

 

Siwon smiled at her, “Sorry to keep you waiting, are you hungry?”

 

Jill got her body bag, “no, I’m tired. Where’s the car?”

 

Siwon lead the way.  Then, 2 of the other guys carried her luggage and proceeded to the car. Jill sat at the last row of the van, her arms crossed and eyes on the window. Jonghyun is looking at her, hoping she would notice him.

 

“Yah, would you stop looking at her like that? You look creepy” Onew mumbled.

 

“I’m trying to get her attention, isn’t it what we’re supposed to do?” Jonghyun answered, still eyes on Jill.

 

“You’re going to annoy her” Onew said again and leaned on the chair.

 

 But Jonghyun did not listen; instead, he decided to talk to her. “Uh, Jill right?” he asked.

 

She turned to him lifelessly. He smiled, “I’m Kim Jonghyun, you can call me Jjong Oppa since I’m older”

 

Jill then turned her eyes back to the window.

 

Eunhyuk gulped after seeing what happened to Jonghyun.

 

“Will we succeed?” he asked Changmin who is busily reading a book.

 

“Trust yourself, if you think we can do it then we’ll succeed.” He then turned to the next page, which turns out to be the last page of the book. “I need to buy a new one” he mumbled.

 

Eunhyuk nervously sighed. He is a type of person who wants to achieve something that he already started, and he can’t take it if he won’t succeed.

 

Minutes later, they arrived at the mansion. “We’re here!” Leeteuk enthusiastically said.

 

Jill hoped off the van and starred at the mansion. It looks old, seeing the fading colours of the house, the weeds growing from the garden, the fountain that doesn’t even have water on it and the old looking staircase to the door. Jill decided to walk first, followed by Eunhyuk and Taemin who were carrying her luggage.

 

“So, what’s the plan?” Jaejoong asked.

 

“Let’s try to get comfortable with her by asking her questions and chatting” Leeteuk suggested.

 

“Yeah, I tried talking to her and I felt like I’m chatting with the wind” Jonghyun shared.

 

“And she really is cold, I mean she didn’t even ask anything since we fetched her” Siwon added.

Jaejoong crossed his arms. “There’s one thing to do to be friends with her” he said.

 

“What would that be?” Siwon, Jonghyun and Leeteuk asked.

 

“By cooking for her” Jaejoong proudly smiled.

 

When the boys reached the living room, Leeteuk spoke, “okay, who wants to take Jill -sshi to her room?”

 

The remaining guys looked at each other. There was silence.

 

“Taemin, you go” Jaejoong ordered. Taemin stood up.

 

“It’s okay, you don’t have to accompany me” Jill said and started walking. Taemin turned to Leeteuk and motioned the younger to go. He then followed Jill.

 

After seeing Taemin by her side, Jill coldly said, “I said, I can go by my own already”

 

Taemin shook his head, “it’s okay, besides, I want to befriend you”

 

Jill turned to him, he sincerely smiled at her but she ignored him. She looked back on the hallway and said, “You’re wasting your time”

 

Jill tried to speed up herself but Taemin was able to catch up. “You know, I’ve always wanted to have a noona” he said.

 

“I grew up without my umma, I don’t know how it feels like to be taken care of a woman”.

 

Jill slowed down. She understands this kid. Actually, she pities him. She was mad at God when her parents died, not knowing there are people who never even realized how it feels to have a complete family. Jill composed herself, she shouldn’t care. Everything she cared about was now gone, what’s the reason for pitying him? She also doesn’t have a mother now. She won’t be able to feel how a mother cares. Jill was busy on her thoughts that she didn’t notice that they are already on her room.

 

“This is it” Taemin said.

 

Jill stopped, she opened the door and revealed a room covered with white walls, a single bed, a wooden cabinet and a study table. She paused. The room looks exactly the same with her old room, except for their family picture, her drawings when she was 3 years old and the love of her parents. Slowly, memories of her parents where remembered.  

 

How she and her mom loves to chat about clothes by her bed. How her dad taught her to play the piano. How she first showed them a drawing of their family picture. How they changed the furniture of her room, how they changed the colour of the walls, and lastly, how she reacted when her aunt said that her parents died.

 

“Noona?” Taemin called.

 

Jill came back to reality. She then noticed she had already tears in her eyes. She quickly wiped it off.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked. 

 

“You can go now” she said. Taemin nodded, “if you need anything, we’ll be down stairs” he then left.

 

Taemin sat by the sofa, still thinking of what happened earlier. The way she stood by the door, the way she looked at the things on her room, and the way she cried.

 

“I don’t think I’m doing this because Ms. Yang wanted to, but I want to help her move on” Siwon said after hearing what happened.

 

“Me too” Jonghyun agreed.

 

“But what will we do to help her?” Eunhyuk asked.

 

The boys looked at each other and began thinking. That night, Jaejoong, Onew and Changmin knocked on her door. Ever since Taemin left her, Jill stayed in her room.

 

“Jill -sshi” Jaejoong called.

 

“We brought dinner” but no one responded.

 

“Try it again” Changmin said. But before Onew could knock again, the door was opened.

 

“What do you want?” she coldly asked.

 

“Dinner?” Jaejoong said and showed her the tray of food.

 

Jill looked lifelessly at the food, and then to them, “I’m not eating” she then closed the door.

 

The cold wind was felt by the three. Onew turned to Jaejoong who is frozen, in his entire life; no one ever closed the door to his face.

 

Changmin turned back, “she will die soon” He then left. Onew sighed.

 

 

 

-------------

hope you guys liked it! ;)

comment and subscribe!