1st Trial

8 petals of a Flower

The following morning, although Jaejoong is kind of angry at what Jill did to him last night, he still has to cook breakfast. The boys knew that she is still attending school and that she is already in Junior High. Jaejoong is busily frying the rice until Leeteuk came.

 

“What’s cooking?” the elder asked.

 

 “Fried rice, hyung please call everyone, let’s eat” Jaejoong said and distributed the rice on 9 plates with fried eggs on top.

 

Leeteuk stood up and called everyone. They sat around the dining table.

 

 “Where’s Jill?” Leeteuk asked.

 

“I called her earlier, but she didn’t respond” Eunhyuk answered.

 

Then Changmin came rubbing his eye, “she already left”

 

“what??”

 

After hearing what Changmin said, the hyungs or Leeteuk and Jaejoong rushed to Jill’s room to check. And what they saw in her room were the furniture and no Jill.

 

“I’ll call her...” Leeteuk said and started dialling her number.

 

“Don’t, let her be” Jaejoong disappointedly said and walked away.

 

While at Gaepo High School, Jill’s school. She is getting her books from her locker, until someone held her right shoulder.

 

“Uh, hey, I’m new here, can you tell me where 3rd year class A room is?”

 

Jill slowly turned to that person. “Can’t you read?”

 

The guy was shocked by her answer. “Uh... I can, but---“

 

“then go and find it for yourself” she coldly said and closed her locker. She then started to walk away.

 

The guy held his nape. “Is everyone here like that?” he asked himself.

 

Minutes later, the teacher entered the classroom. “Before we proceed to our lesson, we have a transferred student from Inha University. Please come in”

 

Kikwang entered confidently. “Good Morning, I’m Lee Kikwang, please be nice to me” he introduced with a smile.

 

“Mr. Lee you may sit next to Ms. Yang” the teacher ordered and pointed Jill who is sitting near the windows. Kikwang, who remembered what happened earlier, gulped and slowly sat next to her.

 

“Uh, hi, we met again” he said. But she ignored him.

 

 For the whole day, everything was normal. The teacher discussed, gives lectures or seat works and leaves. It continued until dismissal. Jill placed her books back on her locker and walked to the gate when she noticed a familiar guy waiting for her. After seeing Jill, Eunhyuk became nervous. Among the 8 of them, he is the most awkward with girls. He rarely talks to them, like Changmin. But in Changmin’s case, he doesn’t care about anything in this world except for his parents and books. Jill rolled her eyes and decided to walk pass Eunhyuk.

 

Eunhyuk was shocked seeing Jill totally ignore him. He knew that if he let her go home by herself, the hyungs will be angry. He got up all his guts and called her.

 

“Jill -sshi!” but she continued walking.

 

Eunhyuk scratched his head and followed her. “Jill -sshi” he called again. He then held her wrist.

 

“Let go of me” she coldly said.

 

“You... Need to go with… me” he nervously said. She turned to him.

 

“Uh... You won’t get tired if you go with…me” he added.

 

Jill sighed and rolled her eyes. “Where’s the car?”

 

Eunhyuk can’t help but take a glance at Jill. He has been driving for 15 minutes and the ride is very quiet. He doesn’t know what to say, he is not like Jonghyun who can say anything when he feels like saying nor Leeteuk who loves to ask questions. Eunhyuk sighed.

 

 “I better keep my mouth shut than talk to the wind” he thought.

 

“We’re home” Eunhyuk called.

 

Leeteuk immediately went to them. “So, how’s school?” Leeteuk asked Jill.

 

“Pretty normal” she said.

 

“Are you hungry? Oppa will cook ramen for you”

 

“no thanks, I’m not hungry” she then walked up the stairs.

 

“Okay, oppa will call you if dinner is ready” Leeteuk shouted.

 

“Tsk, whatever” Jill mumbled and went to her room.

 

Leeteuk smiled, “why are you smiling hyung?” Eunhyuk asked.

 

“She communicates with me. See? If you guys just talk to her you might get her trust.” The elder proudly said and sat by the television. Eunhyuk then sighed and sat beside him.

 

“I hope I can talk to her...” he thought.

 

“She didn’t eat dinner again” Jonghyun said and placed the tray in the table.

 

“aish.. She’s wasting my food!” Jaejoong exclaimed.

 

“In 3 days’ time, we’ll find her dead body already” Changmin said eyes on his new book.

 

“We have to do something” Siwon said.

 

“But what?” Onew asked.

 

 “Something that can make her open up for us” Eunhyuk said.

 

“Her parents” Taemin suggested.

 

“Ah! I know!” Leeteuk smiled at his idea.

 

A week later, Jill was on her way home from her school until she saw Onew. He smiled and happily waved at her. She sighed and went to him.

 

“Oh, before I could forget...” Onew said as he drove, “Leeteuk hyung wants to meet you”

 

“okay” she answered and looked at the road. She then noticed a familiar path.

 

Onew stopped the car. “We’re here, Leeteuk hyung is waiting for you inside” Onew said and bid goodbye to Jill.

 

She looked at where she is. Right. The cemetery, the place she hated visiting the most. She slowly entered and saw Leeteuk standing by the gate.

 

“Let’s go?” he asked.

 

He then took her to where her parents were buried.

 

She saw the graveyard, with her parents’ name written, the day they were born and the day they died. It looks dirty though, no one visited it for a long time. Leeteuk placed a bouquet of flowers.

 

“Why are we here?” she asked.

 

 “We want you to release all your anger and sadness here. We know how much you miss them and---“he was cut off by her.

 

 “What do you care? You are just strangers that my aunt paid to make me happy. You don’t care about me, no one does!” she shouted, tears constantly falling from her eyes.

 

“We care about you that is why we are doing this...” Leeteuk said.

 

“You don’t know how it feels to lose someone very important in your life...” she said.

 

“Maybe I don’t, maybe we don’t understand you at all. But we are here, to listen, to comfort you. We are here to be your oppas who you can lean on, oppas who will take care of you; we are your family now.” He said.

 

“I don’t need you” she said and starts to walk away.

 

“We will not give up on you, okay?” he said. She stopped.

 

“We know that somehow in that heart of yours, you will be able to be back to your old gullible self” He added. Jill wiped her tears and continued walking.

 

Jill took the bus home. She was seated by the window. She remembered what Leeteuk said. “We are your family now” she shook her head.

 

“I don’t need anybody. I’m already fine on my own” she thought.