4

Spirit

"Hello~ My name is Kris." an extremely tall, handsome guy offered a handshake, but Chen just swatted at his outstretched hand.

"You'll scare her!" Chen hissed, still swatting at his hand until Kris hesitantly put his hand down. You didn't know what "Krease" had intended to do, and it scared you. How were you supposed to communicate with them?

------------------------

The chief soon guided Kris and Chen towards the entrance of the forest. Earlier, Sungjong had told you that you couldn't go back to the den until the explorers were out of the forest.

You'd have to live with Kris and Chen, keeping an eye on them at all times. Albeit a little sour about that fact, you were touched to know that Sungjong trusted you with the task. It was a huge thing to gain the trust of the Alpha in a wolf pack, even if they were spirit wolves and had connections to the spirit world.

Dejectedly, you motioned for the duo to follow you into the thick underbrush. The first thing you'd have to do was find some shelter near a body of water, preferably a river or stream.

After walking around for a couple of hours, you realized that Chen kept lagging behind, stopping to look at different species of plants. Kris trailed behind you, obediently following you like a loyal wolf cub.

"CHEN!" you barked out, tugging forcefully on the sleeve of his T-shirt. He looked at you and blinked, as if suddenly remembering about the whole expedition.

You swiftly walked back to where you were before, and stopped when you felt someone's hand slip into yours. Gazing up the lean arm, you realized it was Chen, smiling cheekily at you.

"I don't want to get lost."