3

Spirit

Before the crack of dawn, Sungjong woke up the pack like always. The pack, consisting of 7 members, caught a deer and fed on it just as the sun peeked over the horizon. Since long ago, you had been a vegetarian because you never fancied eating raw meat like the rest of the pack.

Instead of eating with the pack of wolves, you picked a couple mangoes off of your favorite tree; a mango tree with odd carvings on its trunk. 

Sunggyu, the oldest wolf, offered a bit of his section of meat, but you kindly refused. You were thankful that they all put you into consideration during mealtime and any other situation in general.

Although strict at times, Sungjong was like a brother to you and you loved him very much. It was like that with the whole pack; it was a big family. It saddened you to think that you wouldn't be able to see the others as often now that the two explorers would be in the forest.

After breakfast, the pack set off into a different part of the woods, doing something that they had yet to tell you about.

It had always been like that; you were alone after breakfast and in between meals, but the pack was never apart during mealtime. You had learned to never question the spirit wolves' instincts and actions. Finding serenity in the gardens near the edge of the woods, you often walked through the small path.

On this particular day, however, you only passed through the lush garden. You leisurely strolled through the hidden garden path until you reached the edge of the woods. Taking a deep breath, you approached the chief's hut. As if he had known your exact time of arrival, the chief came out and smiled at you.

After him, two men with some weird cloth strapped onto their backs stepped out of the hut. One, you noticed, was Chen. He was clad in comfortable hiking clothes. He threw you a smirk while the other explorer introduced himself.

"Hello~ my name is Kris."