6

Spirit

A/N: Finally! T__T laptop got fixed :)

------------------------------
 

Throughout the day, Kris and Chen tried to teach you basic English phrases. It would be impossible to communicate without some sort of language exchange. You now knew the words help, food, good, come, hello, and both of their names.
 

Chen, feeling a burst of boldness, decided to interrupt you when you were testing out the water in the small stream a couple feet away from the camp. You had been examining it to see if it was safe to use. He crouched next to you and poked your cheek, eager for your attention.

"Hmm?" you hummed, keeping your attention focused on the stream. Chen's stomach conveniently grumbled in hunger, making you turn to look at him with a knowing smile.

Finally deciding that the stream was safe to drink from, you grinned at Chen and stood up, offering a hand to help him up. He warmly smiled back at you and took your hand.

For dinner, you decided to go the safe route and just catch fish. After all, it was the season in which trout thrived. Motioning for the pair of explorers to follow you, you led them to the lake that the stream eventually spread out to.

Leading the two curious people towards the lake, you took off and set down your small leather belt that held your knives. You immediately started stripping, to Kris and Chen's horror. You had barely managed to take off your thin deerskin coat when Kris had nervously grabbed your arm, stopping you from going any further.

He avoided your questioning gaze and just shook his head, a blush rising to his cheeks. Dumbfounded, you just stared at him, wishing that you could tell him that it was necessary if they wanted dinner. You impatiently glanced at Chen for help, and he just stared back at you with huge eyes.

You sighed in frustration. These boys are impossible, you thought.