Distant

I'm Happy...But

A/N: Hey! Here's an update for you lovelies. Hope that you'll have a pleasant read and comments are very much appreciated. It keeps me motivated. ^_^ Share with me your thoughts alright? You might just inspire me more. Hope you'll love this, although, I feel it is kinda crappy? kekeke. Thank you for reading. *bows*

 

 

 

 

It's been a while since I last heard from Lulu, ever since I sent her off by the street on the night of my engagement party. She had to leave early since she got a plane to catch. Lulu was posted abroad; she's working with the trade commission and was on her first duty abroad. 

It has been then a period of four years, I hardly hear from her, unless Baek updated me with her stuff, well that would be very scarce because I could count with just one hand of the times that Baek had mentioned her in our conversation. I guess she must have been extremely busy with her career; knowing that she'd most likely be the workaholic type.

But I have always wondered why she hasn't remained in contact with me, since I am closer to her than the others; with the exception of Kris and Baek. I don't know.

~

Looking at the scribble of our name in identical alphabets made me realize something that maybe I should have a long time ago. Now is it too late?

 

~

Four years ago

I walked, or more like force myself to walk away from Lulu that night, the last time that I saw her. She was leaving town, to work abroad. There in that second I had the gripping urge to look back and walk up to Lulu and stop, stop whatever it was that I could stop from moving or happening, but I can't. I can't come to terms with my own selfish desire to be holding Lulu back from chasing her dreams.

And after we said our good bye, I told her that I love her and even made heart sign over my head. What was I thinking? Lulu doesn't deserve to be made a fool of. I am already engaged, to Eun Soo. Somehow, I kind of feel guilty towards Lulu and I of how fate had turned out, but Lulu seemed to be very cool about it.

I sensed there is something that she is hiding from me, but I can't quite figure what it is. There was something amiss between us, something that was unsaid. But I didn't understand what it was then. Besides, Lulu is the secretive type of person for as long as I've known her.

~

 

Kris informed me that they; the rest of the gang are planning to have a reunion and it's going to be held at Kris's hometown, Vancouver. The best part of this reunion is that Lulu have confirmed of joining this! I am finally going to meet her again, after all these years of keeping low from the rest of us. I'm sure the others can't wait to meet up with each other too.

My phone rang, 'Kai'. I answered and was greeted by a very excited sounding Kai, 'Yo Lulu hyung!!!! Been a while huh? So, you coming?' he enquired. 'Yeah, count me in,' 'You better, or else the rest are going to come over to Incheon to hunt you down,' he laughed after the threat.

I find it strange that the natives are all working outside of Korea, while me, I end up working here. Ah, I can't wait for the reunion.

~

The plane landed in Vancouver International Airport, I can already feel something's good going to happen. I don't know what it is but I sure am as excited about it. I proceeded to the arrival gate after passport check and saw Kris at the other side of the glass walls waving at me. There were Baek who stood next to him and Kyung following behind. After what seems like half an hour, most of us have gathered, except for one; the one person that I'm looking forward to meet the most; Lulu.

Kris informed us that Lulu will be arriving separately via land, she'll be driving over with a friend since she was somewhere in Canada. Thus, her friend will drop her off straight to Kris's house when she comes. 

Night came, and everyone was at the dinner table eating and catching up with each other. Some of the girls already on their way of getting engaged and some will be walking down the aisle, same goes for the guys, except for Sehun, Kai, Tao, Kris, Chen and me, yours truly. The rest of the guys are either engaged or in a relationship. 

Dinner was soon over and the night is getting late, but still no sign of Lulu. I decided to wait in the living area, just in case she might arrive anytime soon. Turns out, she still hasn't when it's already passed midnight. Kris told me to get some sleep and not wait for Lulu. Maybe she's coming tomorrow.

~

Morning came as I made my way to the dining area. 'Hyung, over here,' Sehun called to me and have me sit in between him and Kai. I took a small sip of the coffee that was poured for me and took a bite from the omelets made. It was a pleasant kind of feeling to be able to eat with the rest of our gang like this, ever since we went our separate ways until I notice a set of unused dish by the table end, facing Kris. 'Who's that for?' I pointed as I chewed my food. 'Oh, that's for Lulu noona, she's -..'  Sehun answered. I was surprised to know and got up from my chair but was held down by the two younger guys; Kai and Sehun. 'Oh no, you're not going anywhere,' Kai said and Sehun added 'Just eat your breakfast okay hyung, we know you can't wait to meet noona, we haven't met her either,'

'Really?' I questioned. 'When did she arrive? How come I don't know about this?' Kris place down his coffee mug, 'She came late last night, about 3 in the morning when all of you were already asleep, so right now as we speak, she is still in bed, sleeping. She'll wake up soon enough,' Ah, so none of them except for Kris have met her. She's asleep; I wonder which room is she in?

We were gathered in the living area discussing how we would be spending our time for this reunion after breakfast when we heard Suho suddenly squeal like a fan girl 'Lulu!!!'

All of our attentions were averted to the left corner of the area, revealing a shy puffy faced Lulu, smiling at all of us. 'Hi guys and girls!' The guys and girls got up from their seats and swarmed over her, exchanging hugs and cheek kisses; with the girls. I just stood there giving her the time to greet the others until it was only me left that she hadn't greeted. Xiu Min teased the both of us saying, 'Wow, Lulu meets Lulu!' that got the rest erupting in laughter. She came near me, smiling, 'Lulu, been so long,' she said as I hugged her feeling the familiar warmth once again that I thought I would never be around ever again. She even calls me by my nickname! This is a good start.

I didn't realized that we were hugging for long until Baek and Kris came behind each of us, 'Okay Lulu hyung, you've hugged Lulu long enough,' resulting a blushing pair of Lulu's.

That night all of us went out for dinner in town at Kris' choice of restaurant. The rest of the four days in Vancouver were filled with a lot of activities. Lulu and I bonded just how we were except for one thing. I noticed that despite being close or next to me, I sensed that she was somewhat distant, at times hesitant towards me; unlike the Lulu that I used to remember. Is it just me or have Lulu changed? Looking at how she is with the others, she is very much the old Lulu I came to know. But with me, I am not so sure anymore. I need to find out, to figure myself out before this reunion holiday is over.