Together?

I'm Happy...But

A/N: Hey, presenting you with another chapter. Have a pleasant read, although I am not really feeling it with this one. Anyways, comments are most welcomed! Tell me what's on your mind alright? Thank you for you time and for reading this. 

 

 

 

The next day,

Here I am, standing at the departure gate, waving goodbye to the rest of my friends who were off to their destination. They were soon out of sight after they have passed the passport checking counter, leaving only me, Kris and Lulu. Yes, only us three. Lulu's flight and mine will be in another three hours. I had wanted to go along since I want to send off the rest, and Lulu, she insisted on sending off the rest as well so that Kris won't have to go back and forth fetching her afterwards.

We went to the nearby Starbucks to pass the time away. Kris spoke first, 'So, are you guys together now?' making Lulu choke on her drink, shocked to know that he knows, or was it just a wild guess? I don't think that's the case, because he was eyeing me and Lulu suspiciously with that glint of mischief in his eyes.

'What I mean, how did' I wanted to ask at the same time Lulu was about to open , maybe she was about to ask the same thing, but Kris cut both of us off, 'How did I know? Kinda overheard you guys last night, when I was about to go to the kitchen, I was thirsty,' he explains himself, now making Lulu red.

'Ah, hmm,' I looked away, sipping my Americano. 'So? Are you or are you not,' Kris kept on.

Truth is, I wanted to know the same thing. Why? Because Lulu, she didn't say anything nor did she responded to my confession last night.

 

~

 

Last night...

I waited for her to say something, nervous as hell, because this is it. Now or never. The answer that will determine on the whereabouts of our relationship; whether we would progress into something more than just friends or this is the end for the both of us. It scares me the thought of losing Lulu as a friend, but more of losing Lulu herself. 

She stepped forward enough to close the gap in between us and hugged me, 'Good night Luhan, we've got planes to catch tomorrow,' I hugged her back somehow feeling that I am slowly losing her. I can feel the sting in my eyes, the urge to cry hits me. She peeled herself away from me and smiled at me before leaving me there alone. I guess, she was not feeling the same as I do. Maybe, to her, I am and will always be her friend, just like what she  said years ago.

 

~

 

'So? Since you both are not answering me, meaning it is mutually agreed that you both, now are together,' Kris answered himself the question he imposed, well, he jumped into his own conclusion which I am more than happy to agree but, Lulu was keeping mum. 

'You were assuming. We didn't say anything right Lulu?' Lulu called my attention with that. If it weren't for the fact that I am a man, I'd probably be crying by now from what Lulu have said, but I won't. This is Luhan. Na namja ya. But something about the way that she said it and that smile, gives me hope. We both laughed it off, leaving Kris confused and guessing.

We waved goodbye to Kris after passing through the passport check point and walked together to our respective departure gates, which is coincidentally along the same path. Lulu was heading back to Berlin, and me, back to Seoul. I've still a few days left in my 10-days leave, so I was thinking that I would just stay home once I landed. I don't think I'll be in the mood to go out so much.

We reached our parting point, well; I'm sending Lulu off at her gate before I proceed to mine. 'This is it, take care and maybe, we'll see each other soon,' she said to me, smiling. I pulled her hand and hugged her once more; I just can't bear the thought of not being able to see her again. I just don't want to part from her, but I have to. It's not like I have a choice, nor can I force Lulu on that. I pulled away and kissed her forehead, 'I'm gonna miss you Lulu,' She looked up at me and smiled, 'Me too Lulu, me too,' and left.

 

~

 

The next day, was dull and gloomy for me, well I am already missing Lulu ever since we said goodbyes at the airport terminal. I feel like I'm going crazy. I miss her too much. The day after wasn't any better, until I heard the doorbell rings. I wonder who it could be this early. I was too lazy to take a peek and simply opened the door of my apartment when, 'Hi! Have you washed up? Had your breakfast? Because if you haven't then well, I'm making us breakfast and we can eat together,' Lulu came barging into my house like she used to, back in college. In her hands were plastic bags full of groceries, somehow knowing that my cabinets and fridge were left abandon and empty. 

I was caught off guard, speechless and can't believe my eyes. Is this for real? Is Lulu really here? Or am I just dreaming all of this? Did my mind went berserk and projected an image of Lulu coming into my home just to please myself? Because if it is the case, then, I am officially crazy!

'Luhan? What are you waiting for? And don't just stand there, close the door,' She came closer, 'Now go and wash up. When you're done, just come into the kitchen and we'll have breakfast together,' she broke my thoughts, pushing me into my room. I absent minded-ly took a shower and dressed up, all the while still trying to register the things that had just happened. 

I am definitely dreaming right? Lulu can't be here, I mean, she is not here. This is crazy! I am crazy?? Oh my God! Am I? Crazy?? That was until I smell the scent of food, from somewhere near. My stomach as if on cue, grumbled low, noting that I am indeed hungry. I walked out of my room into the kitchen and there she was, moving around in the kitchen; cooking. Lulu, I hope my mind is not playing tricks on me this time. I hope that it is really you, there, right now in this moment, in my kitchen preparing breakfast for the both of us.

I made my way and stood next to her, she glanced at me, smiling, 'Another two more minutes and we can eat,' she informed. 

'Are you for real?' I asked

'Real? What?'

'Are you really here? I'm not dreaming right? You're really here and cooking breakfast and I am not crazy or imagining things,' I stated, wanting confirmation from her. 

'What do you think?' she asked me back.