In Demand

I'm Happy...But

A/N: Another chapter for you lovelies. Happy reading! Comments, please? ^_^ Thank you for your time and for reading this.

 

 

 

I sat by the dining table and Lulu took her seat, across mine. She placed the last two plates of dishes on the table that looked so beautiful and smell so good. But that alone was not enough to distract me from the existence of Lulu in front of me, looking at me intently. 

'Well, what are you waiting for? Let's eat before the food goes cold,' I nodded and started eating. Lulu made some stir fry vegetables with kimchi and soup to accompany with the rice, plus a big serving of grilled fish; just what I needed. It's been a while since I had this kind of breakfast, well I am living alone and I hardly cook for myself.

We ate in silence with the only sound evident is the clicking of crockery but my mind was popping out all of these questions that I am eager to ask Lulu. She seemed to be so calm right now; I wonder what's going on in that mind of hers. I offered to help with washing the dishes while Lulu served tea. When I was done, she was already seated comfortably on the long couch in my living room, watching the TV.

I took a seat next to her as she hand me a cup of tea. 'What are you doing here?' the first question that came out of my mouth which is really not quite appropriate, but I know she wouldn't mind. 

'I'm back home? I mean my duty abroad has ended and till my next placement, I'll be home, and that's yeah, pretty much it,' she explained taking another careful sip of the hot tea. 

Okay, what should I do or ask next? This was all too sudden, with the barging in, cooking and eating and now here we are by the couch sipping tea. Then what?

'So, you'll be staying for good?' I asked her. 

'I suppose you could say that, maybe for another two or three more years, why?' she kept her tea cup away, on the coffee table next to her side of the hand rest and I passed her mine. She shifted her position and now we are looking at each other, eye to eye, face to face. I could hear the beat of my heart thumping louder and Lulu could be hearing it as well if I were to plug an amplifier to it.

'Two or three years? Why is that? Then what happens after those two or three years?' her precise period of time caught my attention. 

'After those span of few years, if needed be, the department might or will send me off abroad again to other places, in fact they told me that they plan to do so in less than a year from now,' she explains to me and much to my dismay the last info was not something of favorable for me. You can't always have things your way. Sigh.

'Really? But you just got back? Why do they want to send you off again? In less than a year? Are you not tired?' I was curious, no I was not, I was actually trying to make myself sound like a clingy boyfriend who is unwilling to let Lulu go far away from me. 

'Yup, I know right? I just got back and in less than a year, let say if it goes as they planned it, I'll be jetting away once more. Oh well, can't help it,' she sounded excited about it meanwhile me on the other hand was feeling the opposite. 

In fact, if I were to have it or can have it my way, I would want Lulu to stay for good, but that would be too selfish of me. This is her career, not mine; her life in which she has a full control over it and I am just a friend, who can only hope and prays the best for her. 

'So, what got into you that make you come knocking so early in the morning? When did you arrive?,' It crossed my mind then, when did she actually arrived back to Korea? Have she visited her parents? Why do I have so many questions concerning this girl anyway?

'Because, I'm very much in demand,' she said just that and it took me a bit to process and understood what it actually meant. Don't blame me for my slowness in the early morning of a holiday week. Girl came barging in like old days and suddenly got me joining her for breakfast. 

Deciding to play along with her, I asked back, because I want to hear it out from her own mouth. I want to hear her say what she meant; the true reason why she suddenly appeared at my front door.