Do you? Miss me too?

I'm Happy...But

A/N: Here's another update. Have a pleasant read, and please do leave comments okay? *bats eyelashes+pouts* Hope my aegyo works. keke. Tell me what you think about this. ^_^

 

 

 

'I MISS YOU. I miss you so much when you went away. What's even worse, you never once did call me, except for the texts on my birthday. Why? Was it your intention of distancing yourself from me, because if you did, you did good. But it wasn't fair. I've always waited for that day to hear from you, to actually call me up, asking how I've been doing,' there, I said it, now Lulu was staring at me, her forehead creased, eyes furrowed at me.

Her hands are trying to free themselves from my grip, but I won't let that happen, thus I held to her, firm but enough not to hurt her.

'Luhan, what are you doing? Why are you saying all these? Did you listen to what you were saying? You're not going to make things easy for me aren't you?' she retorted.

'Lulu, please,' I was cut off by her. 'Luhan, I think you need to sleep, because clearly you're not thinking straight,' she was now struggling to get away from me.

'Lulu, I am thinking straight, there is nothing wrong with me. It's not like I'm drunk or anything. I love y-'

'Stop it,' she said her voice firm and commanding. 'Luhan, stop all of this; stop whatever it is that you're intending. Please, don't make things hard for me. I don't want to ruin things, I'm already careless enough in the past and I am not going to let that happen and ruin our friendship,' she sounded different and in that faint tone of her voice, regret.

'But Lulu, I-' I wanted to explain. 'God dammit Luhan! You're engaged for sake! I don't want to be the reason of another woman's misery. Eun Soo doesn't deserve this. It is hard enough for me to walk away that night and held myself back from running to you, now here you are, saying all these things. Why are you doing this to me? What did I do to deserve this?' her eyes were glistening with tears that gradually fell down her face.

I was distracted in that moment when Lulu got up from her place next to me, going back into the warm of the house. I chased after her and luckily I was able to get a hold of her. I hugged her from the back, noticing her soft cries. 'Luhan, please let me go,' she plead, but I only tighten the hug, not giving into her demand. 'No, I am not letting you go, because if I do, I'm afraid you might completely disappear from my life,'

'Luhan please. Stop this, this nonsense. Don't take away the only thing that I have between us. If I can't have anything else, please let me keep you as a friend, I will be happy enough as it is,' she said in between her cries.

'Lulu, I don't think you get the situation right. You will never be the reason of any woman's misery, be it Eun Soo or any other, nor are you ruining any sort of relationship with me, Eun Soo or anyone else's. My engagement with Eun Soo didn't work out and we have called it off for the past two years now,' I explained slowly, hoping that Lulu understands this, my situation.

'Eh? You're no longer with Eun Soo? Why? I thought that you both were really- you know, you love each other so much,' she questioned, now her crying had slowly stopped, but I am still not letting her go, I am not going to take chances.

'Sometimes, some things just don't work out the way you hope it would. Me and Eun Soo; realized that we were both drifting away from each other and we both were in love with somebody else. It was mutual, we were still in good terms with each other and we didn't hate one another knowing that we would be deceiving ourselves if we were to continue with the engagement, thus we decided to break off the engagement. Eun Soo married last year and she asked about you. Unfortunately I haven't any answer for her because you have never contacted me and your number changes a lot too,'

I could feel that Lulu is more relaxed now; her body slowly leaned into me. 'So both you and Eun Soo were in love with somebody else? When did that happened? And who-...you..-ah-, I'm not making sense,' she cussed, not finding the words to say or the appropriate ways to continue.

I released my grip off her and turned her body to face me. 'Lulu, I was in love with you all along, there wasn't anybody else but you. I was too late to realize it and when you left, no, that night when you said goodbye, I realized that I truly loved you. Then when you went away, I knew that what I felt towards you wasn't something that I thought was just in the mind, something made up just because we were close. I was truly and honestly love you, but-...I guess because we were friends that I think that I wouldn't have a chance and that I am afraid I would ruin our friendship,'

In the dark of the night, I could see her eyes looking right into mine, finding the sincerity in my words. I am waiting for her, how would she react to this; my confession. I confessed my heart out to her with the hopes that it will be reciprocated even if the chance of that would be almost close to none, still I am hopeful.