Chapter 6

The Phone Booth

The sunlight gleamed onto Jungah’s face, making her flinch as soon as she fluttered her eyes open. Regaining from her grogginess, the girl turned her head to the side only to bite down onto her tongue in order to keep a yelp from escaping her lips.

Yixing’s face was on her shoulder, and not to mention, dangerously close to her face. She stared at him, his slight chapped lips slightly parted, his hair falling over his eyes, the rising and falling of his chest moving in a rhythm along with his breathing.

She averted her gaze towards the window on her right. The sun came up; the streets were now filled with several cars and people walking to get to work. Only when she tried standing up, did she noticed arms being encircled around her waist. The girl remembered hat before she slept, his arms weren’t wrapped around her.

Did this happen overnight?

But she wasn’t one to complain. She actually enjoyed the feeling of his touch. It made her felt oddly safe to be in his arms. A sudden movement from him made her snap back into reality. Yixing slowly opened his eyes, scrunching it as soon as the sun hit him. “Oh, you’re awake already. Good morning,” he said in a huskier tone as his eyes were halfway opened.

“It stopped raining.” She stated, glancing out the window once again.

He let go of her waist, an action that made the girl slightly frowned, and stretched. “Mm... it did.”

She got up, noticing that she still had on his hoodie. She started pulling the hoodie over her head until a hand stopped her.

“You’re going to be cold. Give it back to me when we leave later.”

Jungah tilted her head in confusion. “Aren’t we leaving now though? It stopped raining.”

He ran a hand through his messy bed hair and grinned. “I need to treat you something for the chocolate you gave me.”