Chapter 2

The Things You Wish You Had

 

We were sitting in the living room of his house, and doing nothing else. It had been a quiet day, spring just starting and the world waking up from its frozen sleep.

“Hey Key,” Jonghyun’s voice cut through the comfortable silence. “I have an idea.”
I looked at him curiously. “What is it, Jjong?”
“Why don’t I take you to meet my girlfriend?”
The world around me froze. The air rushed out of my lungs, and I sat completely still. My eyes took on a glazed look, contemplating what I had just heard. ...What? Girlfriend? Since when has Jjong had one......he never told me....


“...-bum? Earth to Kibum?” I snapped back to reality and  looked at the man sitting next to me.

“Um, yeah, sure....” I mumbled, not fully aware what I was saying. I allowed myself to be tugged out of the house and into Jjong’s car, the engine coming to life and the rumble filling the air.

We drove in silence, my mind blank and empty the whole time. We stopped outside a nice brick apartment, flowers on the windowsills, and a welcoming atmosphere overwhelming me the moment I stepped out of the car. Walking up the stone path, little animals chittering in the surrounding bushes, felt like walking to my doom. Why? I don’t know.

Jonghyun pressed the buzzer next to the door, and my breath caught at the sight of the beautiful woman that answered it.

Her silky brown hair fell to her shoulders in a tumble of curls, framing her face stunningly. She had striking brown eyes, and smooth, flawless skin. She was perfect. Anyone could see that. So it make perfect sense that Jonghyun would fall for her. But, what was this feeling in my heart? Why did it feel like something inside me was breaking?

Her face lit up immediately when she saw Jonghyun, and they leaned forward towards each other. Their lips met in an innocent kiss, and I felt like I was going to cry. They separated, and turned to me.

“Se Kyung, this is my best friend, Kibum.” He pointed to me. “And Key, this is Se Kyung, my girlfriend.” I numbly stuck my hand out, and when she took it, her hands felt like velvet, her skin soft and creamy.

“Pleasure to meet you, Kibum,” she said politely. So she’s beautiful and has manners...

“Ani, the pleasure is mine. You’re really.....” I paused as I looked for the words, “..breathtaking. Jonghyun is a l-lucky guy.” What was this? Why was I stuttering? It’s not like I’m jealous or anything....right? That would be silly...

Se Kyung led us inside, and we all sat down at the table in the neat kitchen. “I’ve got dinner cooking already, oppa, so you and your friend are welcome to stay.”

“That would be wonderful. Key?” Jonghyun turned to me, waiting for my answer.

“Ah, that’s okay. I should probably be heading home. Thank you for the offer, though.”

“Really, it’s fine, I insist.” Se Kyung said.

“Gwenchanayo. I’ll be on my way. You two have fun together.” Saying those words made me feel horrible inside, though I can’t understand why. I turned and left the apartment. I knew I was doing the right thing, leaving the lovers to have their alone time, but I was desperately sad to know that Jonghyun wasn’t mine anymore. Hold on a second....did I just think of Jonghyun as...mine?? My thoughts swirled in confusion, and I paused on the sidewalk to think. What is happening to me? Why am I feeling this way? Why does it hurt my heart to see those two together? And the answer came to me, almost sweeping me off my feet with the sheer unbelievability of it. I stumbled back, as if it bore some kind of physical weight and had shoved me in the chest. My breathing stopped, and despair consumed me. It was because I wanted Jjong to be with me.

 

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

^this is wat all the lines will look like from now on ^_^ theyre pretty, no?

 

[A/N] okay, topjongkey here; i'm red from now on, and kissmeimirish will be blue ^_^ 

so, next chp is up......yeah...i wrote this one, and the next one will be written together..so...bye

 

kissmeimirish here!!! currently at topjongkey's house...kekeke...shes slapping a gatorade bottle and scaring me....o___O

tht was a while ago tho....

yeah, sure it was....

meanie. when have i ever been mean to u?

.....hello?? last nite wen i was shopping!! ur new nickname is meanie unnie 4 a reason...

still....tht doesn't count

............................................................................

hah!!!! no more saying anything. kekeke i stole the keyboard ^_^

goodbye lovely readers~