Chapter 1

Marry Me, Princess (COMPLETED)
“I don’t want to! I don’t want to! I don’t want too.” Seiko exclaimed loudly. She stomped her foot in annoyance and slammed her fist in the table.
“Is that a proper behavior for a princess?” her grandfather asked.
She looked at him in defiance. “I never wanted to become a princess at all. It’s just so unfortunate for me to be born as one.”
Her grandmother looked at her angrily. Her grandmother gritted her teeth and slapped her on the face. “You, rebellious child! Is that what you learn in that foreign university?”
Seiko touched the part of her face that her grandmother slapped. It stung and there was no doubt that it was already red and swollen. Her grandmother had never pulled hands on her before. This was the first time.
Seiko looked down at her feet. Tears were already forming beside her eyes.
Her grandmother was already facing the window away from her. Her grandfather was seated calmly behind his working table.
“I already told your parents that it is better that you stay here so they can supervise you well but did they listen? No. They are as hardheaded as you are.” That was her grandmother who was already calm.
As Japanese royalties, they should act tough and relaxed all the time. Seiko was not used to this kind of environment. She practically grew up abroad and she was happy that way.
Her grandfather stood up and faced her, “You will do what you are told. Your fiancé will meet you a week from now so you better straighten your behavior.” Her grandfather announced. “You are dismissed.”
She walked out of the office after the conversation. She pulled on the tail of her long black kimono. She needed to get out of the palace as soon as possible.