Chapter 3

Goodbye Military Academy

School. School. School.

 

That word kept echoing in Chanyeol’s head during their long of journey to the school. He had no idea on what kind of school he would go. The last time he went to a public school was when he was in elementary school. Chanyeol hated math and science class very much, and that’s why he had his parents to register him in to a military academy, while the other boys at his age entered a junior high school. And just like that, Chanyeol had managed to escape himself from those torturing sciences for six years. But who had expected that the cruel fate brought him back to a senior high school? Just thinking about that was enough to make his head throb in dizziness.

 

“Hold your vomit. Don’t get my car dirty.” Kris commanded.

 

What?!

 

Chanyeol confused at Kris who was glaring at him through a rearview mirror. Kris was a bit worried as Chanyeol nearly said nothing and his face turned green. Not too long after that, Kyungsoo turned to him, stretching his hand out.

 

"Need this?" Kyungsoo asked, offering anti-travel sickness pills to him. Great. Now everybody thought that he wanted to puke, Chanyeol thought.

 

“No—no, I’m not sick!” Chanyeol shook his head and pushed Kyungsoo hand’s aside. Nobody could understand Chanyeol’s feeling right now; his team mates couldn’t tell which a face wanting to vomit was or which a confused face was.

 

“Ah, you’re welcome.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and back to his seat, feeling offended as Chanyeol even didn’t say any thank to him. Kyungsoo just wanted to make friends though. But his sense of indignation soon vanished when he saw a large school building getting closer to them.

 

“Oh, my God!” Kyungsoo exclaimed in excited tone. His eyes widened in full of awe while pointing at the huge red building. "Sir, is that the school?"

 

“Oh, my God!” Chanyeol exclaimed the same words but in different tone, miserable tones, as he literally glued his face and hands on the window.

 

"It is. Welcome to Seoul Science High School, boys." Kris replied before turning the car to enter the main gate.

 

Seoul Science High School's one of four of the most prestigious public high school in Korea, which the graduates would  have a promising future to study at famous University, such as Harvard or MIT. As the school set a high score as a standard for the student to be accepted, then only a clever student, a gifted student at math, or someone receiving a special recommendation from Ministry of education could go to the school.

 

“I always wanted to go to this public school!” Kyungsoo exclaimed to Kris, absolutely knowing what high school was that. He seemed very happy, like a child who was given a lot of candies.

 

“But why Seoul Science High School?!” Chanyeol half-yelled in protest; his dizziness was getting worse than ever. He knew about the school reputation as well. Chanyeol remembered how hard he convinced his parents to register him in to a military instead of that school, even though his score was fulfill the school requirement.

 

“Who would have thought there is a criminal hiding in a science high school? Nobody. Thanks for my friend’s recommendation.” Kris replied calmly and Chanyeol silently cursed on whomever Kris' friend was that had given him a crazy idea to put an Infantry, a Military Intelligence, and a criminal in a science school.

 

“You got a special recommendation from police department to study in this school, but it doesn’t mean you can go without placement test. Anyway, Kyungsoo, I heard that your score at the military was good." Kris asked as he parked the car under the tree.

 

"Excellent." Kyungsoo corrected proudly, and Kris was just nodding; everything he heard about Kyungsoo was not just a joke. 

 

"I feel relief then. How about you?" Kris asked to Chanyeol. Instead of answering, he was just massaging his temples in a circle motion. What did Kris expect from an Infantry for a high school examination? After all, Kris also didn't wait until Chanyeol found the right words for an answer. "Anyway, I want you to give your best performance, okay? Pass the test and try to get equal score. I need you to be in one class in this mission. Got it?”

 

What Kris had just said was true after all; what’s the point of guarding Kai if they're separated? Chanyeol and Kyungsoo nodded as they got the message clearly, and they made their way out of the car.

 

“Wait—wait boys!” Kris called them when Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were about to open the door. As they turned to him, they could see Kris was taking some clothes out from his bag. “Are you going to take an exam with that outfit, huh? Put these on before out.”

 

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol totally forgot that they still wore a casual outfit. Kris handed them two school uniforms complete with ties and bags. By the time Kyungsoo took it, he was quite surprised as the clothes material was felt so soft on his skin and they're not too rigid. He noticed that Kris had prepared old uniforms rather than the new one, so that they would look like real students. Kyungsoo was impressed by Kris; he may look casual outside, but the way he thought were deep and detail.

 

"Remember, don't fail! You have to be in one class!" Kris reminded them once again.

 

"Yes, Sir!"

 

***

 

After changing their clothes with school uniforms and transforming into students, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were escorted to an empty classroom for taking the examination. They thought that it would be a small class, but soon after they reached the place, they knew it's so wrong. The room, where the test was taken place, was big enough for hundred peoples; with wide space between the chairs. High ceiling, very large windows on the wall, floor of polished stone; typical of an old building construction, making the atmosphere of the room cool and shady. 

 

Chanyeol brought his eyes to explore the whole room, until unintentionally his eyes collided with Kyungsoo's. Kyungsoo was the first one who looked away. Chanyeol couldn't tell but somehow he felt that Kyungsoo always avoided eye contact with him. He wondered when he would get along well with Kyungsoo.

 

“Are you ready for the exam?” A young female teacher came up with paper test on her hand; her soft voice was echoing in the huge room. She didn't wait for an answer and started to place the paper test on their table.  “Okay, there are 45 problems you must answer that consist of basic math, biology, physics, and chemistry. You only got one hour, so make sure to use your time wisely. Good luck!” She smiled and left the room.

 

Chanyeol was literally dead-panned to the paper test before his eyes, still not believing on what he had just heard. Cold sweat was taking over his body and his palms were getting wet.

 

"Math? Biology? Chemistry?" He shouted so loud in mind until Kyungsoo might able to hear his inner voice. That was the most forbidden combination exam that Chanyeol ever had.  Chanyeol had a good logic; physics exam wouldn’t trouble him, but neither of math nor chemist formula nor biology was still remained in his brain right now. With a shaky hand, he opened the first page to see what kind of test he would take.

 

Question:

  1. F1 with BbCc genotype is produced by cross linking parental of BBCC and bbcc genotype. If F1 cross linked each other, the offspring probability of BBCc genotype is…
  1. 1:16                       c. 4: 16
  2. 2:16                       d. 5: 16

 

Chanyeol gasped in shock as he directly closed the paper just two seconds after he had opened it. Without taking a second thought, Chanyeol turned to Kyungsoo and gave him a help me! look. Kyungsoo, who was about to write down his name, understood that desperate signal very well; he rolled his eyes and put down the pen. In a thoughtful way, Kyungsoo read the first page for a while; he couldn’t tell how Chanyeol could give up on the first question.

 

“Oh, come on. This is basic biology!”  Kyungsoo mouthed, not wanting his voice echoed through all over the room.

 

“But it's genetic damn it!” Chanyeol whispered loudly. “I DON'T UNDERSTAND GENETIC.” He emphasized every word, implying for his desperation in help.

 

"Do what you understand then." Kyungsoo said dryly, even without gave Chanyeol a look. He turned to face his own paper and clicked his pen as if intentionally ignored the other boy.

 

"Kyungsoo, please." Chanyeol didn't give in, even though it meant he had to beg. They needed to be in one class, and there is no way that Chanyeol could match Kyungsoo's score in science. Chanyeol folded his palms in front of the face while showing a pleading smile. His face expression was asking for a help, and of course Kyungsoo knew exactly what kind of help that he asked for.

 

“NO! Do it yourself.” Kyungsoo replied cold-heartedly before starting to do the exam. With that, Chanyeol snorted angrily while muttering something that Kyungsoo barely heard, but highly probable he's cursing.

 

***

 

Kris deeply on his cigarette before blowing the smoke into the air, back leaning on the car and chin tilting up. There was nothing more tedious than waiting for those two soldiers on the parking lot— alone. Kris dropped his cigarette on to the ground and stepped on it.

 

He headed to the school cafeteria to have a cup of coffee.  A waiter placed a cup of black coffee on his table. As usual, many girl students were smiling and whispering each other when looked at him; it might be only one topic, about how handsome he was. Every girl who met Kris always threw him a smile; however he never returned their smile back. Suddenly Kris felt his cell phone vibrated on his pocket.

 

“Hello?” Kris answered the phone call. And it's a long pause for him to wait any reply. "Hello. Who is this?"

 

“Kris? It's me. I-I need your help!” A soft panting voice was heard from the speaker.

 

“Who’s speaking?”

 

Hey—how dare you not saving my number?! It is me Suho!” Suho shouted at his friend. Of course Kris recognized him from his breathlessly voice, but he liked when Suho mad.

 

Oh—Suho, what’s wrong?” Kris said coldly.

 

“It's about the medical team that I’ve told you before. I’ve already met Baekhyun, but I have a trouble in searching the other one.”

 

“Who?” Kris sipped his coffee.

 

“Oh Sehun—Listen, doesn’t his name remembering you to someone?”

         

Hmm, you mean our former canteen chef, Mrs. Oh?” Kris and Suho also graduated student from Seoul Science High School.

 

“Yes, I found out that her son is going to school at Seoul Science High School. But when I searched for them yesterday, I couldn’t find them anywhere in school. Sehun’s classmate told me that he hasn’t been coming up to school since three months ago.”

 

“By coincidence, I am in school right now. Maybe I could help you to find some information here. But, why are you so interested with Mrs. Oh’s son?”

 

“It’s a long story, Kris—but I need him. Would you help me to get his address?”

 

“Okay, I’ll figure it out. I call you later.” Kris hung up the phone. Not wanting to waste time, he stood up for paying the coffee. One hour was enough for him to gather some information, he thought.

 

***

 

The sound of ticking clock sounded so obvious in the huge room. Chanyeol looked up at the clock just to realize that he only had ten minutes remaining for working on the exam. There were still 25 problems more to be answered; there was no way he could make it in time. Chanyeol stole a glance at Kyungsoo; he seemed busy with his answer sheet, writing and writing, as if those problems were nothing to him. At the moment, Chanyeol admitted that he was a little bit jealous to Kyungsoo; doing an exam was as easy as make a war strategic for him as a Military Intelligence regularly learned biochemist and physic to make new assault tactics. In the other hand, what did biology do with Infantry? Sending him for enemy sabotage mission was much better than sending him to a school mission.

 

But, Chanyeol knew he couldn't give in; he needed to try, trying to get the answers from Kyungsoo

 

“Kyungsoo! Kyungsoo!” Chanyeol whispered while waving his hand desperately, trying his best to call him out, but Kyungsoo was absorbed in calculating the answer for math problems.

 

“Kyungsoo!” Chanyeol whispered louder this time as he threw a small crumpled paper toward Kyungsoo's head. The crumpled paper successfully hit its target before bouncing on to the floor, and the next thing Chanyeol heard was Kyungsoo's groaning while showing his annoyed face. It's not like Chanyeol care about it though; all he needed was that he got his comrade's attention.

 

Hey, what are the answers from number 21 until 45?” Chanyeol shamelessly pointed at his half-blank answer sheet, using any hand signal he could do until Kyungsoo understood what he meant.

 

I'm not finished!” Kyungsoo mouthed and shook his head. He could see Chanyeol seemed stress, grabbing out his hair.

 

No wonder if Chanyeol found those problems difficult; even Kyungsoo never thought that the examination for only a placement test could be so hard. Even he emptied several questions as he was not sure with the answer. Kyungsoo rolled up his arm sleeve to look at his watch; there were five minutes remaining. His concentration was totally distracted by now; he should've focused with his own answer sheet, but he was obliged to give his answer to Chanyeol or he couldn’t pass the test.

 

Kyungsoo hated when the answers that he had been sought with difficulty had to be given away and copied by someone else. But at least he knew that Chanyeol had tried his best to do half of the questions by himself. Reluctantly, Kyungsoo gave his answer sheet to the almost dying Chanyeol. In a record time, Chanyeol copied whatever that Kyungsoo had written on his sheet. He didn't care whether they wrong or right; at least his answer sheet was not blank.

 

Kyungsoo kept his eyes on the door when Chanyeol was copying his answer sheet. By the time he saw a silhouette of person was walking toward the classroom, Kyungsoo abruptly grabbed his paper back from Chanyeol’s hand, and just in time, the teacher opened up the door. Both Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were sitting on their chair motionless; back straightened up, startled face, and somewhat panting.

 

“Okay, time is up! Have you finished? You can collect the paper now.” She ordered with a mile; luckily it seemed she didn't sense anything suspicious from them. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol handed their answer sheets to the teacher. Her eyes skimmed at the answer sheet and she noticed something.

 

“Hey, both of you haven't written down your name. You guys should not be careless.” She said while pointing at a blank name box before giving the answer sheets back to them to be named. They hurriedly wrote down their name and prepared their belongings. After collecting the answer sheets, the teacher walked away from them.

 

“Ah, excuse me, Miss. When we can see the results?” Kyungsoo asked to the smiling teacher standing by the door.

 

“Don't worry. Your result will have finished in 10 minutes; we check it by a computer. So you may stay here for a while.” She replied.

 

"Thank you." Kyungsoo and Chanyeol said in unison and bowed.

 

***

10 minutes later

RESULT: Do Kyungsoo        FAIL

                    Park Chanyeol      PASS

 

“Yesssss!!!” Chanyeol yelled as he pumped a fist to the air, literally jumping.

 

“No way. What the—” Kyungsoo mumbled in front of a student scoreboard, eyebrows cocking and unconsciously dropping his bag. “Ugh—what should I tell to Kris?” Kyungsoo muttered as he leaned his head lifelessly on to the wall.

 

***

 

Kris dragged his feet around the school, having no any idea in finding Oh Sehun, whoever he was. Suho said he couldn’t find Sehun at school or get any information about his presence; even his friends and neighbor didn’t know where he had gone. So Kris decided to start the investigation from the vice-principal of student affairs; she might know him or at least knew his address. One thing disturbing him was it meant he needed to face his fussy old teacher, Mrs. Kang.

 

She was the one who used to scold Kris. Smoking, ditching class, sometimes fighting; Kris was a smart student yet so rebellious back then. But that was before Mrs. Kang assigned a particular student to supervise him. Suho; a modest and a warm-hearted boy he had ever known. Suho never judged every bad thing that Kris had ever done. Instead, he slowly helped Kris to get rid of his bad habit, taught him how to dream and struggled to make it true. Suho was so patience, and Kris was grateful to have him as a friend.

 

His juvenile misbehavior wasn’t a beautiful memory though, but somehow Kris missed it. Kris missed him.

 

Suho.

 

His heart was beating a little louder when Suho’ smile was flashed elusively at his sight.  Kris chuckled at himself. Seven years had passed by and somehow his body still responded strangely to that name. When he was realized, he was already by Mrs. Kang's door; in the heart of the school exactly beside the library. Kris couldn't believe that he had to meet her again after seven years. Kris stood still on where he was standing; unconsciously he tidied his clothes up and his golden brown hair by fingers. He felt a little bit nervous, as if he was the same Kris from seven years ago.

 

Kris knocked at the door.

 

“Come in—”

 

A woman voice came out from inside the room. As Kris opened up the door, he saw a young beautiful woman at his age, with a long straight hair, instead of an old grumpy woman. She didn’t pay attention when Kris was walking in as her eyes were fixed on the laptop. By the time she noticed her guest had been already inside the room, she turned off her laptop and looked up, intending to greet him.

 

“I'm sorry. Is there anything I can—” Her words stopped right there, eyes widening open at the tall figure before her eyes. “Kris?!”

 

Kris cocked his face to aside; his thick eyebrows furrowed in a questioning manner. “—Jessica?”

 

His eyes were locked on her, eyes shifting up and down at his old high school friend who was sitting on Mrs. Kang's seat. Jessica seemed more even surprised than him.  Many things had changed; Kris was now even taller, his voice changed to become even deeper, but she completely recognized him. One thing didn't changed was the way he looked at her with his beautiful eyes, penetrating directly to her soul.

 

“What are you doing here? Where is Mrs. Kang?”

 

Kris’ blunt question awakened her up from her high school memories; she quickly looked away from Kris’ captivating eyes. “S-She retired two years ago. Don't you see my name board on the door? I’m the vice-principal now.” She had tried her best not to sound embarrassed in front of Kris, but she totally failed.  

 

“Really? What a surprise.” Kris smiled casually, eyes looking around the room. His gaze fell on the leather chairs; the same chairs where he used to be scolded by Mrs. Kang back then. They used to be white, but now they seemed colored in ivory.

 

And then on to Jessica's desk; she had a bouquet of flowers in a crystal vase there, instead of a pile of books that Mrs. Kang usually liked to place. It's a beautiful bouquet of white and pink roses which had not fully bloom. Kris brought his fingers to reach its petals. He never knew that Jessica liked flowers; he didn't either. Suho did. And those flowers were somehow remembering him again to his old friend.  

 

“Didn’t Suho tell you that I’m working here?” She asked, and Kris found his fingers were unmoved on the rose petals.

 

"Suho? He has been here?" Kris thought. Suho never told that he met Jessica. Kris should've known from whom the flower bouquet came from.

 

"No, He didn't." Kris shrugged. For some reasons he couldn't tell, Jessica seemed disappointed.

 

“I heard that he will have finished his study by the next semester. I never thought that finally he will become a doctor. How about you? What're you doing for living, Kris? Umh, you are not a police, right?” She laughed at Kris appearance. A man who was standing before her eyes was just in a casual white shirt, a pair of faded jeans, and worn out sneakers; even he stained his hair, and had his ears pierced.

 

Her words definitely had hurt somebody's feelings as Kris’ smile suddenly disappeared. She felt uneasy when looking at Kris deadly gaze. She knew that to become a police was his dream since he was in high school; she realized that she shouldn't have said that.

 

Umh—I’m sorry.” Jessica twirled her hair to her ear’s back, biting her lower lip awkwardly. She forgot that Kris hated when people judged someone only based on his appearance.

 

Umh—what do you want for a drink? Oh, sorry—this is not my house—umh, I don’t have drink here, uh—sorry.” She face palmed after speaking clumsily; her embarrassment become visible from her gesture. She was happy, yet avoided eye contact with him.

 

Kris just smirked at her. Jessica was still the same; she was always a shy girl that he knew seven years ago. And her embarrassment just convinced Kris even more that their sweet secret since couple years ago had not completely vanished.

 

Jessica still loved him.

 

But honestly a shy girl was not Kris’ type, it Suho’s. Jessica was Suho’s first love, and that made his position awry. If it's not because of Suho, who always asked him for a help to get closed to her, Kris might not be friends with her even though she’s quite cute. But in the end, until the graduation ceremony, nothing happened among the three of them; Jessica didn’t confess her feeling to Kris, neither did Suho.

 

It had been seven years, yet nothing was changed about their feeling to each other.

 

“It's okay. I've just had coffee." Kris tugged his lips into a smile, trying to melt the awkwardness. He sat down face to face with Jessica. "Honestly, I'm here for Oh Sehun. Do you know him?”

 

"Oh Sehun?" Jessica asked back, feeling curious. Kris had no sibling. "What kind of relation do you have with him?"

 

"A friend of mine." Kris quickly replied; much too quick as an honest answer though. But Jessica seemed didn't want to ask further about it, not when Kris' voice sounded so bold and demanded.

 

“Yes, I know him.” Jessica admitted, one hand supporting her forehead. "He has been giving me a lot of troubles this semester. That kid has gone for three months.”

 

“What's wrong? Does he have troubles with his school? I mean his score, his attitude, or something like that.” Kris was getting curious about this boy, and somehow mentioning Sehun's problems was like describing his previous self. He could see Jessica shook his head as a response of his question.

 

“Actually, Sehun is a brilliant student. You know what? He was sent to FDA last year for a short-course; his score is beyond average. I also don't think that he has a trouble with his friends. He is so cheerful and kind.” She explained. Kris just nodded, seemingly understood why Suho chose Sehun as a candidate of his medical team member. Jessica stopped her talking, suddenly realizing something. “I wonder why are you guys so curious about Sehun? Yesterday Suho came up here with the same questions.”

 

“Suho came up here?” Kris paused for a moment at her statement. "And gave you those roses?"

 

That question was nearly coming out of his mouth; somehow his gaze landed on those roses again. But taking a second thought, what's the point in asking of something that he had known the answer? To hear it maybe only made his heart burnt in jealousy.

 

White and pink roses; Suho still loved her.

 

Suho was his one and only friend; maybe it's kind of possessive, but Kris admitted that he hated to share him with the others. “It's nothing. I'm just worried about him.” Inhaling a deep breath, Kris looked away from the vase. “Anyway, may I have his personal data, please? His address, or his family—”

 

“Kris. It’s confidential, you know it. I also didn't give anything to Suho." Jessica cut him off. "I’m sorry, Kris. But you can't.”

 

Kris hated to do this actually; but after hearing her rejection, suddenly Kris' manipulative natural took part. A big sneaky grin emerged on his face. Out of the blue, Kris shifted his sit position to be closer to Jessica, lowering his head to her eyes level until his piercing eyes could met her. Jessica completely froze as if her body was nailed on to her chair. Kris purposely bit his lower lip to increase his attractiveness; he knew it was his best way to steal girl's heart.

 

“I know it’s inappropriate—but I think you can do something about it?” Kris said in a low voice, thick and manly; while his eyes staring at her through his bangs. By the time Kris showed his best seductive smile, Jessica's pupil were dilating; he noticed it clearly through her crystal eyes.

 

“W-what do you mean?” She stammered and looked away from him, while Kris mentally made a victorious celebration as his smile never failed to make a girl embarrassed.

 

“You know what I mean. Nobody will know if you tell me his address. Just between two of us.” Kris shamelessly told his intention straight to the point. It’s not like he cared about it though; Kris was always blunt as ever. And he was totally sure that Jessica was as easy as Suho. The difference was Suho would realized it from the beginning that Kris’ smile was always had a hidden purpose.

 

Jessica was still saying nothing, not agreeing nor rejecting; maybe his charm was too strong until she forgot how to speak.Oh, come on. What are you thinking about? It’s just an address. What’s a big deal?" His patience was getting thin, and that made Jessica eventually found her way to speak again.

 

“I can’t Kris. You know how strict is this school’s rule, right?”

 

“We are friends, aren’t we?” Kris took her hands; his eyes kept maintaining eye contact.

 

“Y-Yes, we are." She stuttered as her heart was beating fast. His hand was now already on her chin.  "But a rule is a rule. Sorr-”

 

“Come on, please?” Kris didn't easily give in. And now his thumb was already on her lower lip, grazing it softly; just the way that she liked it. It's been only a second when she realized his lips had already one centimeter away from her; no need to be a genius to know what would happen next.

 

"Kris, stop it!" Jessica shouted and pushed his face aside. "Fine! You win. Happy now?" She exclaimed and Kris' laughter was now louder than ever. Jessica knew that Kris did that just to make fun with her, but her feeling for him was for real; she swore she would get a heart attack if Kris got too close to her. "You're cheating. You always know my weakness. Oh God, I hate you." She kept muttering, but wrote down Sehun's address for him.

 

“No, you don't.” Kris pinched her cheek playfully. He was about to take the paper, but Jessica quickly restrained Kris’ wrist while glaring at him.

 

“Don’t let anybody know that I gave you this address, promise?” She tried to be looked bold, but of course Kris was not afraid of her; he just laughed out loud. Kris understood what she meant clearly; she might be so embarrassed once the others knew that a confidential personal data leaked because of seducing.

 

“You can trust me. Remember me to treat you lunch next time, okay? Catch you later.” Kris winked at her playfully before making his way out of the door, while Jessica was just shaking his head, blushing madly.

 

Kris felt so grateful that he endowed with a fine-looking face; he knew that it would come in handy sometimes. It’s not like Kris was a playboy though; he just knew exactly how to use his attractiveness. It’s him, a police who didn’t look like a police, full of confident, liked to take advantage from the others, slightly blunt, and Kris proud of it.

 

***

 

Kris walked down the corridor with a wide grin of victory plastered on his face; his left hand was playing with the address paper, while his right hand blindly d the pants pocket, fishing out his cell phone. He stopped his pace at the edge of the building, standing by a big window and cell phone attaching to his ear.

 

“Hello, Suho? It’s me.” Kris directly spoke as Suho picked his up call. He didn’t hear Suho answering him, but full of life noise coming out from his place; people’s talking, clanking tools, car horns. “Suho, are you busy?”

 

“No—no it’s alright. I’m in a cafeteria right now, sorry it’s kind of noisy here.” Suho hurriedly replied with his breathy voice. Gradually, that noisy sound disappeared; it seemed Suho moved from his previous place. “It much better here. What’s up, Kris?”

 

“I got his address, I mean Sehun’s. Maybe it could help you out to find him.”

 

“You got it? Nice! Oh, w-wait a second.” Suho put down his cell phone on the table, and a moment later Kris heard him mumbled something that sounded like Where’s my pen? In a record time, Suho back to the phone again with breathy voice. “Okay, Where is it?”

 

Kris bet that Suho might have a pen in his hand right now, so Kris mentioned Sehun’s address to be noted by him.

 

“Okay, I got it. I think I know this place; his house is not too far from our high school.” Suho said, seemingly had finished his writing. “By the way, From whom did you know this address? It took all my time yesterday to find it out, and you got it within an hour.  I don’t know, maybe it’s me who asked a wrong person.”

 

“I’ve met Jessica just now; she told me.”

 

Oh—I met her too yesterday, but she didn’t tell me anything, how could you—Hey, you bad boy!” Suho suddenly half-yelled, realizing something. “Don’t tell me you seduced her.” His voice somewhat threatening, and Kris could imagined Suho's face expression right now; Suho couldn't get angry and his face would turn so cute every time he attempted to be angry. Kris just held back his laughter.

 

“Of course I’m not. How could I? She is yours.” Kris told a lie. Once Suho knew Kris had seduced his forever sweet heart for information, he would definitely get his name black listed from Suho best friend’s record. “By the way, when will you search Sehun?” Kris smartly changed the topic; he knew how easily Suho’s concentration distracted.

 

“Maybe a day after tomorrow. My examination week haven't finished yet." Just like that; Suho forgot what he had said a while ago.

 

"It's alright. Take your time. Just let me know if you found him, okay?"

 

"Okay, see you later Kris.” Suho hanged up the phone, leaving Kris alone with a long calling tone. He smiled at his cell phone, not a sneaky smile this time—but a heartwarming smile, only when remembering Suho.

 

Suho.

 

Kris still loved him.         

***

[A/N]: I put the original version of this story; somewhat different with the previous. Thanks for reading.