the truth

Chances

Chaerin was still unconscious. She was lying on her bed as Daesung checked her vitals. Bom on the other hand was pacing back in forth at the edge of the bed. Everyone else was outside well except for seungri who never left chaerin’s side from the moment he found her almost lifeless on the floor. Dasung felt the tension inside the room and decide to break it off. He smiled and talked.

“She’s fine. It’s just overfatigued and stress. Has she been crying?” addressing the last question to Bom. Bom only nodded and gave seungri a death glare. Daesung faked a cough and excused himself to order someone for chaerin’s medication.

Seungri choked with his own tears. It was streaming freely not minding if Bom was in front of her. He blamed himself. If only he didn’t let go of her. Bom saw Seungri crying and she was on the verge of tears too. She was supposed to hate the boy but all she coud feel is an aching heart beating from the two of them. Bom left the room.

She stepped outside and found Daesung explaining Chaerin’s situation. She sat beside Top and bowed her head. Her heart is aching for the two.

“I never thought we would find Chaerin this way.” It was Dara.

“She always take care of herself.” Taeyang added.

“Wait… are they together again?” dara asked. Top just shrugged a no and explained they just happen to meet at work and nothing is normal ever since. Everyone fell silent. Not wanting to add any fire to the flame. Minzy excused herself and walked away from the silent crowd.

Chaerin was already awake but eyes still close. She was afraid of the presence beside her...holding her hands. It was hauntingly familiar. She pretended to be asleep. Seungri felt her fidget on her sleep and so he tightened his grasp. He could not imagine losing her for the second time. He was damn scared.

“Hey cat, I know I don’t deserve you but I’m sorry. I know it would never erase your pain but I’m sorry… and sorry because sorry is all that I could say. You know… everyone outside is worried about you. Yeah, they came. Funny. This is not the reunion everyone was hoping for.” Seungri released a shallow laugh.

“You’re the best thing that ever happened to me.” Seungri brought her hands to his lips.”I hope I could erase all your pain and just own it. I want to have another chance with you but I know you can’t give me that. I love you. Always.” Seungri stood up and planted a soft kiss on her forehead. Then he walked away.

Tears fell from chaerin’s eyes. She opened her eyes realizing she was alone again. She can’t comprehend her emotions right now. It was too much.

“I Love you too.” she whispered.

**

Seungri stood outside where everyone was gathered except for his sister. He smiled but everyone knew better.

“She’s awake now. I… I would just catch some fresh air.” Seungri said before walking away. Everone followed his moving trance before releasing a heavy sigh.

“I’ll just check on her.” Bom excused herself. Dara tagged along. The two girls reached the room and found chaerin with silent tears flowing on her cheeks.

“chaerin-ah,” it was Dara. Chaerin turned around in their direction and smiled. Dara hugged her tightly and motioned Bom to join. The hug ended with dara on tears.

“dara unnie, don’t cry.” Chaerin said lightly. Bom sat at the end of the bed.

“Do you want to go home?” Bom asked. Chaerin nodded.

“I’ll just arrange it. I’ll be with you.” Chaerin mumbled her thanks and closed her eyes again. The two older girls seem to understand and bid their goodbyes.

“unnies,” Chaerin whispered enough to be heard by the two girls. “Why does it hurt so much?”

The two women could only silently weep for their younger friend.

**

It was almost twelve in the evening. Seungri walked aimlessly at the beach when she spotted her younger sister seated on the sand. She went to her direction and sat beside her. It was then that she noticed that she was crying.

“Why are you crying?” seungri asked minzy.

“Because it’s my fault. I didn’t tell you the truth.” Minzy answered with her gaze still on the sea. Seungri was puzzled. Minzy continued.

“Why did you leave her?” Minzy asked her.

“Because I believed our father’s lies.” He answered bitterly.

“Chaerin unnie asked for my help to tell you something.” Minzy’s sob can be heard. “But father also threatened me and locked me in my room. I couldn’t tell you and when I could it’s already too late.”

Seungri’s heart felt like exploding. What happened? He was growing impatient.

“I’m sorry.” Minzy cried. “She was pregnant when you left her.” Seungri’s face turned white. He could not muster to digest her sister’s word. Pregnant? His world was shaken. He stood up and ran away to chaerin’s room. He was angry. Not with his sister but with his selfish father. But he was angrier with himself. How could he not know? Chaein begged her to stay but he was blinded by lies. Lies ceated by his father. He was angry with himself. How could he leave her like that? He was running like a mad man until he reached chaerin’s room. He barged in only to find it empty. He searched for her and found out she aready checked out with bom. He asked Top and told him they already went home.

All he could do was breakdown. How could he do that to her?