Note From A Stranger

How To Play A Player

Luhan didn't know how long he had slept yesterday but he knew he definitely didn't get enough sleep. His body felt like the force of gravity was trying to pull him down to the centre of the earth and swallow him up or something. He felt all his energy had been drained to the core so resulted in him downing a few bottles of extra sugary energy drink. To conclude the explanations, he didn't know whether it was his heart responding to his loneliness or was it his body just acting up due to the lack of sleep. Maybe it was both. For sure, he blamed this all on that freaking--face Oh Sehun. If he hadn't treated his beloved sister like a piece of trash, maybe she wouldn't have left in the first place...but it did happen and Luhan was going to start on his plan having woken up several times in the night brainstorming. 

 

STEP 2: Befriend the enemy

 

He wasn't exactly sure how to do approach him, well he made stupid ideas but they were mainly invalid. 

Maybe I should do what he did? Drag him away and lock us in a room? Ew, heck no. Luhan shuddered at the thought of being alone with the other and cutely hit his head with his small balled fists. The possibility of that ending badly was really high, he concluded. 

Should I write him a note? Nah! That sounds like what little kiddies do - Lame. He silently laughed at his thoughts.

 

The sound of another’s heavy footsteps filled Luhan's ears and suddenly came to a halt. Luhan noticed a pair of shoes in front of his. "Luhan," a familiar voice called who he instantly recognized as Baekhyuns. 

 

"Baekhyun ah!" Luhan registered and frowned when he remembered the events of yesterday, "where were you yesterday? I was lost and couldn't find you anywhere." Luhan sadly pouted, pictures of yesterday's events slowly unfolding. Oh Sehun hitting on him. Oh Sehun forcibly dragging him. Oh Sehun being a bully. Oh Sehun...and you get the picture.

 

"Sorry. I, Erm...suddenly felt sick." Baekhyun fidgeted slightly, his eyes darted everywhere except Luhan - he was never good at lying. He knew it was bad but he really didn't want to explain the whole him-and-Chanyeol incident to a guy he just befriended yesterday. He knew there'll come the day when he and Luhan become best of friends, maybe he'll tell him then. For now, he just hoped Luhan would buy his lie and let it slide because he seriously didn't want to be reminded of yesterday’s occurrence and outcome.

 

Luhan being the innocent one obviously believed him, "okay," Luhan beamed at Baekhyun, "I forgive you." Those words suddenly made Baekhyun think; maybe we'll be best friends in no time. He smiled when the honey haired boy called him into homeroom, frantically waving his hands like the kid he was. 

 

-

 

The rest of the day went smoothly for Luhan...For now that is.

 

He was sitting in math’s, humming to some random tune and doing those dreaded math’s equations from his text book that the teacher had kindly assigned the whole class to complete before the lesson. His book was all organised, everything neatly aligned and no scribbles were seen - he was a neat freak. He was one of those who found revising easier when his notes were structured; one of those who'd go ballistic and rip out the whole page of his book if he made one mistake. He stopped humming when he felt his hand being nudged by his seatmate, the nudge causing him to write an '8' instead of a '0'. 

 

His eyes widened Oh.My.God. MY PRECIOUS WORK! 

 

He turned to glare at his seatmate, Min Kwan who he was currently on friendly terms with but that was surely going to change because dude, he just ruined his precious work. 

"What?" Luhan spoke through his gritted teeth obviously annoyed. He really wanted to scream at his seatmate but being the model student he was, he used all his willpower to hold himself back. 

 

"Erm, someone told me to give you this." Min Kwan hesitantly spoke, sneaking a hand into his blazer pocket to retrieve some sort of paper-thing, not failing to notice that Luhan was in a bad mood for some reason that he didn't know of (he was oblivious to the scribble he made). He passed him a piece of paper that Luhan recognized as one that someone recklessly ripped out of a notebook. Confusion spread across his face. The scribble he made in his book was long forgotten when he read the note: 

 

Hey! Yo,

 

Meet me at the roof top, beginning of lunch. Let's talk and be friends.

 

Bye. 

 

He scoffed at the poorly written note. This is so lame. He mentally laughed to himself remembering the thought he previously had this morning; using notes to befriending the devil, Oh Sehun. Luckily he followed his conscious and decided against the idea because after receiving the note did he really think how stupid the idea was. What kind of idiot uses notes to make friends these days? 

 

From examining the note, he knew that whoever this person was, he surely wasn't going to meet him or even her. Why? Because your not suppose to meet with strangers. His mother told him that.

 

"By the way, question 6, the answer is 40 not 48." His seatmate spoke while continuing his work. Luhan scoffed, I knew that! But smirked when he thought... 

 

"Really? Let's see?" Luhan purposely accidentally shoved Min Kwan’s hand, making him scribble across his neat work. 

 

"Oops,"

 

Revenge had never felt so good. 

 

 

The ringing of the bell signaled that it was now lunch. Luhan waved and sweetly smiled at his classmates as they left. Zipping up his bag, he strolled out but not before bidding his teacher goodbye. Manners was strictly needed in Luhan’s opinion. He could never understand those who were rude - there were guidelines that youngsters are suppose to follow and being a morally good person, Luhan follows them. 

 

"Yah!" Luhan looked for the source of the voice and found Baekhyun leaning against the wall, a book in hand which read the words 'Chemistry Guide' boldly imprinted on the front of the book.      

 

"Baekhyun ah! Oh, are you waiting for me?" Luhan pointed to himself in confusion.      

 

"No, I'm waiting for someone else." Baekhyun rolled his eyes at his friend’s stupidity. Of course he was waiting for him! He'd been stood outside his math’s period for a while already - truth to be told, he'd actually felt sorry for ditching Luhan on his first day. Maybe spending time with Luhan would ease his guiltiness, not that he was using him to avoid a certain poodle-head.

 

"Oh right, I'll wait with you!" Luhan flashed a smile to him, eyes turning into crescents as he leaned on the wall next to Baekhyun. Baekhyun couldn't help but reach his left hand to lightly pinch the deer-boys cheeks, "I was waiting for you, stupid." 

 

"REALLY? Oh, well come on, let's go get lunch then Baekkie!" Luhan's smile widened at the thought of having lunch with Baekhyun and linked his free arm with the shorter boy as they made their way to the canteen. 

 

What he failed to forget was the meeting with the 'stranger'. The neatly half-folded note, probably now crumpled in the inner of his jacket, was long forgotten. 

 

Entering the busy dining area, Baekhyun scanned the room for an empty table for him and the boy next to him. He had spotted his other friends and poodle-head in the open corner - well they were surrounded by people - 'Fans'- so it wasn't hard to notice. They just had that aura that attracted people, not that he didn't either since he was part of them. 

 

"Come on Baekhyun, I spot a table!" Luhan eagerly dragged the latter to the empty table which unfortunately happened to be two tables from his rivalry. He had sworn that the table was occupied moments ago. 

 

As they swerved past the herd of hungry students, he held his breathe and let out an inaudible squeak when he caught sight of those familiar yet distant pair of eyes. Those eyes that he used to love, but now have come to hate. They used to call for him but now, they showed nothing but hatred - Those eyes that belonged to no other than Park Chanyeol. As the said boy looked into his direction, Baekhyun hastily ducked in attempt to hide from his gaze. It wasn't like it was a crime or anything but he seriously didn't want to sit with them today. Maybe it was the questions or just the thought of facing the giant made his heart ache. He just wasn't prepared.

 

"Baekhyun ah~" Luhan called, worried as to why his friend wasn't responding. He had been talking to him for a while now but found himself talking to no one in particular as Baekhyun seemed to be in a trance and for some odd reason ducking down. A flick to the forehead was what bought Baekhyun back to reality. 

 

"Ouch! That hurt!" He complained, rubbing the same spot the deer boy had attacked.

 

"Serves you right for ignoring me," Luhan directed at Baekhyun and pulled his tongue out in playfulness.

 

"What are you looking at anyway?" He questioned, craning his neck in the same direction, trying to take a peak at Baekhyuns object of affection but only to see a table surrounded by a crowd of girls and guys squealing about something which he couldn't see.

 

"Nobody," Baekhyun quickly answered, averting his gaze else where, not wanting the other to question further. 

 

Luhan pursed his lips wanting to answer back, only to push them back together when he noticed a now empty queue line, "Baekhyun ah~ you grab that space and I’ll get us some food." 

 

Before Baekhyun had time to even say a word, Luhan flung his bag into the boys’ arms and was already skipping towards the lunch line. He walked towards the empty table, and sunk into the chair directly facing Chanyeol’s table. He could barely see through the open cracks of the obsessive people (which he was thankful for because he really didn't want them to notice him or he'd feel guilty for ditching) but he'd noticed how all of them were there minus Sehun. For all he knew, the said boy was probably off someone’s face in an empty classroom - bastard

 

A clank on the table was what bought his attention away from the swarm of 'fans'. 

 

"I've got us some food!" Luhan enthusiastically cheered. Baekhyun moved his gaze to the tray of food in front of him only to be surprised at the amount of food the boy had delivered. He cringed at the sight of all the sweets flooding the tray with the exception of a red apple. 

 

"This isn't food Luhan. This is like an explosion of cavities," Baekhyun warned and reached out for the only safe option - the apple. 

 

"Hey, you should embrace the sweetness! I've not had sweets since ages. I miss them and they miss me too." Plus it’s keeping me awake. Luhan grinned and offered Baekhyun an extra sugary doughnut in which the latter accepted - cavities my . He eyed his remaining lunch, making a note of which to eat first by following the rule of 'save the best ‘til last'. Having decided to eat the creamed fruit cake as his first choice, Luhan spooned a small portion, placing it near his now, watering mouth.

 

Just as he parted his lips to savor the taste of the delicacy, a bang of the table sent his spoon flying to who-knows-where, but who gives a ? Luhan does. And it appeared everyone else did as the whole cafeteria remained quiet, eyes darted to their direction. Luhan was about to give this a piece of his mind for ruining his reunion with his sweet-filled food, but was met with someone, oh-so-familiar. 

 

Oh Sehun.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

HEY! JAEYEONNIE HERE! 

I am getting slightly demotivated by the lack of comments but holy shiiiiit, when i see how many subbies i have i know i have to update! so here is an update for you all ^^ 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, COMMENT! SUBSCRIBE! UPVOTE! BEFRIEND MEEEH!

I would love to know what you all think of this story. 

ANDDDDD~ if you have any questions about this story, or me....ask away! :)

In the mean time, i shall go back to revision and edit my next chapter! 

LOTS OF LOVE

JAEYEONNIE!

XOXO