Chapter 4

Secret

 

Chapter 4

“Take me to national security office now!” Junsu spoke as the taxi driver drove out from the theme park. He needed to hurry, if his deduction was right, the thing he’s looking for must be at Yoochun’s office. The journey wasn’t that good, Junsu kept telling the driver to go faster and faster.

“Please Sir, if we go any faster again, we’ll---“

“Just go faster! This’s urgent!” Junsu hissed as he looked at his watch. It’s almost three o’clock.

Just when the building showed up, Junsu rushed out from the taxi as he paid the taxi. He didn’t bother to get his change. He ran as he got into the lift and pressed the 2nd floor. As the lift opened, he rushed to Yoochun’s room, ignored the staff that greeted him.

Junsu opened Yoochun’s door as he looked at the file he needed to find.

“Damn it! Where’s it?!” Junsu cursed as he threw some file on the couch. Finally! He found it! ‘The Bomb Case of Seoul Theme Park’!

Junsu couldn’t believe what he saw. Remember the giant wheel photo Yunho showed to him at the meeting room? It’s the same as the giant wheel that’s destroyed two years ago in the file. Junsu opened the file, he opened page 13. Just like the clue he got.

It’s a photo of the broken giant wheel, most of it because the explosion of the bomb. There’re two buildings behind the giant wheel, the twin plaza hotel with eight-shaped exterior and the national bank. He read all the word there, but nothing came out. Was that just a prank? Junsu asked himself. But he must miss something.

Then, he remembered Yunho’s saying, “OK, this morning my department got threatening mail from unknown suspect. It told us that tonight, at 8 o’clock to be exact, a bomb will explode somewhere in Seoul,”

8 o’clock and eight-shaped building, could it be? Junsu asked himself. Junsu was always like this, he trust his gut which’s most of it right. This had to be it.

Junsu took the file as he rushed out from Yoochun’s office, he bumped into someone.

“Junsu-sshi? Why are you in hurry?” Kibum asked as he still eating his ice cream. Well Junsu wanted the ice cream too, but he got something more important to do.

“Kibum hyung can you lend me your car, please!” Junsu said, Kibum saw Junsu was serious; he nodded as he gave his keys.

“Thank you…” Junsu spoke as he went into the lift, going to the basement. He didn’t saw someone was looking at him intently from behind.

Where’s Yoochun? Well, Yoochun was standing at the theme park gate and had been waiting for 15 minutes with lot of cursing in his head. Why Junsu hadn’t come? Was something bad happened? Yoochun decided to give Junsu a call, but then…Damn it! No answer. Yoochun couldn’t help but to be dead worried.

He kept calling and calling, but then, still no answer. Yoochun hissed frustrated as his phone rang.

“Where have you been?!” Yoochun asked worriedly.

“I’ve been in the office all the time after buying my ice cream nearby…” Kibum’s voice echoed from the phone.

“Kibum?” Yoochun startled, he thought it’s Junsu,” Do you know where’s Junsu? Did he call you?”

“Yoochun-sshi, Junsu-sshi was at the office, but then, he’s kind of in hurry and told me to lend him my car,” Kibum explained.

“Where he headed to?” Yoochun asked as he got out of the theme park and rushed to his car.

“He didn’t tell me, he just brought a file with him, and I don’t know what the file was…” Kibum spoke.

“Damn it!” Yoochun cursed,” Kibum, check my office and find out what file is missing! Call me back.”

Yoochun closed the line as he received another call,” What’s up, Park?” Yunho’s voice echoed.

“It better be good news, Jung,” Yoochun said.

“I know where the bomb is…But you might not be able to stop it…” Yunho spoke in teasing tone.

“Just tell me where the bomb is!” Yoochun was more than frustrated.

“Remember the bomb case at the giant wheel two years ago? It’s at the past Seoul Theme Park and there’s a twin plaza hotel near it. My trustful source said that the bomb is somewhere in the hotel,” Yunho spoke. Yes, there was two Seoul Theme Park, the new one which’s operated nicely and the old one which didn’t operated anymore due to the bomb two years ago.

“Luckily, I got my supercar, bye Jung,” Yoochun closed the line as he speeded up to maximum. He didn’t care the fact that some police told him to stop from behind or people rang their horn on his car. He got a feeling that Junsu already there, at the hotel. Junsu was always like this, he acted without thinking whenever his gut told him something, when his deduction showed up.

“Please be safe, Junsu…” Yoochun prayed as he turned at the junction, heading to the hotel.

Meanwhile, a Mercedes car showed up at the twin plaza lobby. Junsu got out from Kibum’s car as he gave the keys to the office boy, to park the car for him. Junsu went into the receptionist as he finally realized he got nothing. He didn’t have the next clue.

That’s when the receptionist called him,” Umm…are you Kim Junsu-sshi?”

Junsu looked up as he felt his name being called, but this time, once again Kim Junsu, not Park Junsu. Junsu decided to ignore his question as he nodded.

“Here, I got something for you,” the receptionist gave a file to Junsu,” A guy told me to give this to you…”

“What guy?” Junsu asked.

“He didn’t tell his name, but he looks charming and tall,” the receptionist spoke. Junsu didn’t bother to ask more as he decided to open the file. He took quick glance at his watch as he realized it’s almost 6 o’clock. The journey took too much time because this hotel located quite far.

A photo of a closet showed up and nothing more. Junsu couldn’t believe what popped out in his mind. Yes, toilet, the bomb must be at the toilet. But which toilet?!

The huge hotels had lots of toilet, damn it! Junsu tried to think and he finally got something on his mind.

“The mail was sent at 07.25 and arrived at 08.07 this morning, we tried to track the sender but we got nothing, so something on your mind, Park?”

Yunho’s voice echoed in his mind. 725 and 807, the time Yunho spoke of; could it be the room number? But which one? Junsu thought deeply. The send time must be check by the suspect because the suspect itself sent the mail, but the receive time; it depended on how much mail was sent at that time. So, the answer was the send time.

“Could you give me the key of room 725?” Junsu asked the receptionist.

“Oh, you would stay for a night? Let me check,” the receptionist checked the room and it’s available,” Good news Sir, the previous guest just checked out this morning, I’ll prepare the room now…”

Junsu thought of the possibility that the previous guest was the suspect, but he’s not sure.  He let the bellboy leaded him to the room as he kept watching anyone or anything suspicious. He prayed this would be right or he would be doomed.

As he arrived at the room door, Junsu told the bellboy to leave him alone. Junsu opened the door as dark pitch was all he could see. The door closed as Junsu used the hotel card to turn on the light.

He’s more than surprised to see what’s in front of him.

He’s indeed doomed now.

---

“Jung!” Yoochun called Yunho, ”I’m at the hotel gate now, where’s the bomb?”

“Ehmm…” there’s a long pause before Yunho continued,” toilet…”

“Which toilet?” Yoochun asked.

“Don’t have the idea…” Yunho finally spoke.

“WHAT?” Yoochun couldn’t believe what he heard,” Jung, I’m being serious here, Junsu might be there already!”

“I know! I’m trying my best to find it too here with the entire beeping machine, but hell, I couldn’t find it!” Yunho cursed from the line. He’s devastated too, it never this hard to get into the hotel security.

“Someone big is behind this, Park, that’s all I can say, I never see anything more complicated than this…” Yunho spoke as he looked into his screen with full of code he never saw.

“Just call me back if you got something…” Yoochun knew both of them were out of clue. He closed the line as he got out from his car. He needed to find Junsu as soon as possible. It’s already 7 o’clock.

Yoochun rushed to the receptionist as he asked,” Do you see a man who’s in black tuxedos and navy blue tie?”

“Hm, lots of people in black tuxedos, Sir,” yes, this hotel was a business hotel, that’s why.

“Umm, he looks like a child, he’s just 17 damn it! And he has high pitch voice, just like a dolphin!” Yoochun said anything resembled Junsu.

“What’s his name?”

“Junsu…”

“Wait, I think there’s a quest named Junsu…” the receptionist checked the computer,” Oh, Kim Junsu, isn’t it?”

Yoochun was more than shocked to hear the name. How could Junsu’s real name was there? Isn’t it supposed to be Park Junsu? Did Junsu find out the truth already? Did he?

“He’s in room 725, Sir…”

Yoochun decided to ignore the question. He rushed to the lift.

They didn’t know that the same receptionist that gave Junsu the file was the same that put Junsu’s name in. That’s why it ended up as Kim Junsu.