Chapter 22

Secret

 

Chapter 22

“I’m sorry, we did our best. He passed the critical stage but he’s still too weak. About the time he will wake up, we can’t be sure. It’s up to his will and of course, some times till his wounds heal,” a doctor spoke as he excused himself. Yunho bowed a little as he said thank you.

Yunho sighed as he wondered how he should break the news to Junsu and Yoochun. He thanked Kibum because he’s the reason he could get to the mansion on time; Kibum was the one called him before the Black Pearl agents cut the signal receiver in Yoochun’s mansion.

He sighed again as he felt his head wanted to explode. His thought was at mess after the explanation of everything from Junsu while Yoochun was sleeping; effect for losing some blood, he guessed. And now, their only source of information, Kibum, was in coma.

Suddenly, he was embraced from behind and felt the warmness he needed the most right now. He stayed for a while and smiled, then turned to see his most beloved person; Jaejoong was smiling at him tenderly and then caressed his cheek.

“Jae, come here,” Yunho embraced Jaejoong deeply as he took deep breaths; he needed to get everything out before he could finally think the next move. It always worked every time; feeling Jaejoong’s touch and fragrance made Yunho felt so calm and secure.

Meanwhile, Jaejoong was making circles on Yunho’s back as he kissed Yunho’s cheek; telling him he would be always there for him. Yunho smiled in reply as he pecked Jaejoong’s lips and broke the embrace.

“I need to go; get to know what’s in this stuff,” Yunho looked at the flash disc he got from Junsu. Yet, Jaejoong pulled his arms; preventing him from leaving

Yunho wait. I want to join you too. I mean…I’m in…

Yunho was shocked to the bits when Jaejoong literally said that. He promised he would never let Jaejoong involved with these things ever again; especially involving Black Pearl. They’re far too dangerous and they’re the reason Jaejoong became like this; muteness, trapped in without any spoken words.

Yes, Jaejoong was also involved in Black Pearl cases; he was the first agent taking the case before Junho; at least until he was captured and tortured by the damn evil organization. Yunho clearly remembered how devastated he was when Jaejoong was captured. He did rescue Jaejoong but if he was late a second, Jaejoong could have died.

[FLASHBACK]

Three years ago, when the sun had set down and the street was fast asleep, deep inside a dead alley, agonizing screams could be heard. It’s not audible to any people because it was far from public place; it was surrounded by warehouse after all.

“Please…stop…uuhhh…arggggg!!!”

A figure, tied by rope, upside down, was screaming his throat as the burnt iron made contact with his skin for countless time. He was whipped, broken, and torn apart by every deadly touch of the torment. He could barely keep his consciousness.

Then, suddenly the rope was cut as he landed hard on the cold surface. He breathed weakly as his sight betrayed him. He could only feel he was grasped by his hair as his mouth was forcefully opened.

“Let’s see if that tongue of yours still can scream after this, hahahahahahaha!!!”

It’s ten times worse than drinking boiling water and he instantly lost his consciousness as the liquid made contact with his throat. Little did he know that suddenly the place he was captured was blown away as his comrade stormed in. His lifeless figure dropped on the floor as another one approached him and called his name hysterically.

“JAEJOONG! PLEASE WAKE UP! Don’t do this to me! I BEG YOU! JAEJOOONGG AHHH!!!” Yunho screamed in agony as their comrade killed all Black Pearl agents. Paramedic rushed Jaejoong to the hospital. He almost died and Yunho felt his heart shrank, broken into ashes. He waited and waited till Jaejoong opened his eyes again, but never he heard the beautiful voice of his lover. Never.

 [END OF FLASHBACK]

Yunho wanted to reject Jaejoong’s request that second but he knew he would only harm Jaejoong both ways; rejecting or agreeing. If he agreed, there’s possibility Jaejoong would get hurt but if he rejected, Jaejoong would do things behind his back and still, might get hurt.

He preferred to be there with Jaejoong if both of them were going to this war. Yunho caressed Jaejoong’s forehead, revealing a pale small scar behind his bang, he kissed the scar and hugged Jaejoong again.

“…Okay,” Yunho finally said after debating in his mind,” But promise me to never do anything reckless, okay?”

Jaejoong smiled and kissed Yunho’s cheek; Yunho couldn’t help but to giggle like a schoolgirl inside his heart. He just loved Jaejoong so much.

---

“WHAT?”

“I said I know where their headquarter is!” Junsu spoke for the third time; he had enough of shocked-Yoochun-asking-what-over-and-over-again,” I somehow just remembered the place they took me two years ago. You’re left on construction place near the giant wheel with…hyung’s body, while they took me there.”

“How come you never tell me any of this?!” Yoochun was still in shocked and confused mode; he’s still on his hospital bed.

“That’s why I said, I just remembered!” Junsu sighed as he looked down; almost like he was crying,” It’s…not really a pleasant thing to remember though…”

Yoochun sensed something was wrong with Junsu. He didn’t dare to ask but he couldn’t help to imagine Junsu was being hurt; or even tortured. Yoochun still remembered the bruise on his boyfriend’s body when they found him two years ago; few days after the big accident. Yoochun could only embrace Junsu and made a circle on his back.

“That’s…ticklish,” Junsu smiled,” It’s okay, I’m fine. They just tied me up and starved me for few days. They did punch me few times but that’s it. I escaped in the end, didn’t I? I don’t really remember how though…”

Yoochun didn’t talk as he still comforting Junsu with the hug. They stayed like that for a few minutes till suddenly a knock was heard. They parted away as Yunho and Jaejoong got inside the room. Yunho told them about Kibum’s condition and they could only hope for the best. They knew they had to discuss their next plan.

“The flash disc contains Black Pearl past and future transaction for another years,” Yunho’s sentence shocked Yoochun and Junsu. Jaejoong was staying next to Yunho as he held Yunho’s hand.

“That’s why they want it so much…That’s why they killed Junho,” Yoochun mumbled the words till he realized he was actually speaking it out next to Junsu; he cursed.

“Why?” Junsu’s voice was shaken a little,” Why didn’t Junho hyung just give it to them?! If he did he would never been…killed---“

Junsu broke down as Yoochun embraced him; he had enough seeing Junsu cried helplessly like this. He swore he would end this fast; he wouldn’t let Junsu suffer anymore. Yunho sighed as he continued,” He couldn’t have a choice, this evidence was and is the only way to stop Black Pearl.”

“What do you mean?” Yoochun asked.

“Black Pearl will be having the biggest drug dealing after years in a week,” Yunho explained his discovering,” It’s in a club and it’ll be out biggest chance if we want to stop them.”

“Then we should prepare our final attack,” Yoochun answered,” We should end this now.”

Yunho nodded as Junsu stopped crying. He wiped his dried tears and straightened his face. He took few deep breaths as he looked to Yoochun and Yunho; saying he was in. He then spoke about the headquarters he just remembered; both Jaejoong and Yunho were considering it’s the place they kept Changmin. That’s when Junsu asked if he could save Changmin too.

“I think it’s better if we ambush the headquarter at the same time as the drug dealing will take place. Kang Dae, the leader of Black Pearl, will be on the club. So the rescue mission of Changmin can be done easier. The problem is the three of us will be too busy to divide our attention to rescue mission due to the drug dealing, I hate to say this but, drug dealing is our priority now. If only---“

Yunho suddenly stopped speaking as Jaejoong pulled his shirt. I’ll do it, I mean, the rescue mission. It was Jaejoong said and Junsu swore he saw a terror on Yunho’s face for a second. Yunho immediately shoved the suggestion as he told Jaejoong he would be dead worried if he and Jaejoong acted in separate mission.

“No, Jae. I’ve told you to not do reckless thing. You promised,” Yunho sighed as Jaejoong didn’t give up arguing. Yoochun didn’t dare to speak a word and Junsu thought it was better to let Yunho talked to Jaejoong too.

But Yunho, no one else has spare time to do rescue mission. Everyone will be focusing on the drug dealing, including you. Please trust me, I’ll be fine. I promise I’ll be back with Changmin. Beside we can’t leave him to die alone after all Kibum has done for us. He helped us and Junsu.

Jaejoong’s every statements were true and Yunho hated to admit it. He kept trying to think of any reasons so Jaejoong wouldn’t need to be alone in the rescue mission but he got none. Rationally, it was the best decision, Jaejoong was the best agent and Yunho knew Jaejoong was still the best; he was just dead worried his spouse would hurt himself again. He was so afraid.

“Fine, but call back up immediately if something goes wrong, promise?” Yunho finally spoke as Jaejoong smiled and kissed Yunho on the cheek. Yoochun and Junsu could only surprise and giggled inside their heart when Yunho turned pink for a second.  The next second Yunho definitely gave a death stare to Yoochun; warning he’s dead if he’s teasing him about this. Yoochun could only grin like an idiot as Junsu smiled at them.

Unknowingly to them, a figure was eavesdropping from the beginning. The figure sighed as he told the people behind him to get ready. He had enough of this, seeing every plan of his failed and many of his agents got hurt because this stupid things.

He suddenly opened the door and shocked the hell of the four persons inside. They’re all froze; couldn’t even flinch.

“Now, now, what we got here?”

“How---“ Yunho struggled with his words.

“Listen, we’re---“seeing Yunho reaction was enough for Yoochun to know Yunho had no relation with this. Blamed his shoulder to keep hurting so he couldn’t think straight; he ended up grinning in pain and stopped talking.

“Are you keeping secret from me and acting behind my back now?”