"Hanging Out"? Sure, You Could Call It That

Expecting the Unexpected

Nicole's POV

It was getting late and Courtney, Emilee and I were on our way out the door into the hallway. "Well, we better be on our way back to the room. Bye, I'll talk to you later." I said.

"Ok, see you later," MinGi replied, walking back into the room and closing the door behind her. We were half way down the hallway when Key came out of the room and started sprinting towards us. I turned around to see him better when he stopped in front of me.

"Hey, Nicole, can I talk to you for a second?" Key asked.

"Yeah, sure." I looked over my shoulder and said, "Maknae, Muzzy, you go on ahead, I'll meet up with you later."

"Ok, c'mon Muzz," Courtney said as they walked off.

I turned back around to face Key and said, "What did you want to talk to me about?" Omgomgomgomgomg I can't believe I'm actually talking to Kim KiBum from SHINee!!! ok, ok, calm down. breathe. Don't fangirl around him. It might freak him out.

"I was wondering if you wanted to, uhh, hang out tomorrow sometime?" He asked while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sure! What time?" I asked. OH MAH GAWD. I'm actually going to hang out with Key!! I'm literally screaming on the inside.

"I was thinking about at lunch or something. I-If it's ok with you, of course." God he's cute when he stutters.

"Ok, I'll meet you at the doors to the commons. Goodbye." I bowed and started to turn to walk the other way when he grabbed my hand. OH SIT. I'm about to go into over-fangirl drive. His hands are really soft.

"Wait, h-here's my phone number, so, uhh, text me sometime," he said, handing me a piece of paper.

I took it and said, "Ok, I'll text you later."

"Ok, Bye."

"Bye" I said and walked off. When I turned the corner, I checked that nobody was looking and did a little victory dance. I can't believe that I, Nicole Kitts, am going to be "hanging out" with Key. OH MAH GAWD. Sorry, I got a little Madea there, but I'm so EXITED!!! When I got back to the room, I told Courtney and Emilee what was going on and they fangirled until they cried. If you think that was just a metaphor, it wasn't, they actually cried. Apperantly I'm not the only one that's really exited for tomorrow. I don't even think that I will be able to sleep tonight. Please Shisus, please don't let me mess this up.

Key's POV

Ok, I did it, I asked her to "hang out" with me. I don't know why, but I just wanted to see her again. I couldn't stop stuttering when I was around her. There's something about her that's... well.. That's not like other girls that I've met. She's different, somehow, in some way. When she sat down on my bed, I felt butterflies in my stomach. Now that she's left, I feel a sense of.. what's the word? Loneliness. I need to figure out the explanation for all of this, so, I decided to ask her to hang out with me. To get to know her better. I don't know why, but I'm really exited that I get to see her again. At that moment, I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I pulled it out and looked at the message.

From: 865-539-5683

Hey, it's Nicole. What's up?

 

'Thinking about you' I thought. When I read that message I felt a smile strech across my face. I quickly typed back a reply and hit the send button.

To: 865-539-5683

Nothing much, just sitting here. How about you?

 

After I sent that I decided to put her number Into my phone. A few seconds later, my phone buzzed again.

From: Nicole ^^

The ceiling, a light, the sky, Mars, a flying cow that's been catapulted from China...

 

I laughed when I saw this text. She has a sence of humor. I like that. I like her. Woah, wait, what? I just met her today and I like her? That can't be true. I like her as a friend. There, I fixed it. I like her as a friend, no more than that. Or do I? What am I thinking? I'm probably just tired. Really tired. I didn't want to just stop texting her, so I decided to tell her goodnight.

To: Nicole ^^

LOL We should probably go to bed, it's late and we might have to get up early in the morning. So, Goodnight! ^^

 

From: Nicole ^^

Ok, Goodnight! >.<

 That went well. I should probably get some sleep, big day tomorrow. But, for some reason, I have a feeling that I won't be getting much sleep at all tonight. Please Shisus, please don't let me mess this up.

___________________________________________________________________________________

That next day...

Nicole's POV

I slept better than I thought I would last night, saying how exited I was and all. Any way, I made my way to the doors to the commons area and waited for Key. 'please don't let him forget, please don't let him forget, please do-'

"Hey, Nicole, what's up?" Key said running up to me and interrupting my thoughts.

"Nothing much, you?" I said. I'm really trying to contain my fangirlness here but it's not working very well.

He looked up and said, "The ceiling, a light, the sky, Mars, and superman flying across the sky.."

"Yah, that's my line!" I said nudging his arm with my hand.

"Well it's my line now, so deal with it!" he said playfully.

"Come on, I'm hungry," I said grabbing his hand and and pulling him inside the cafeteria. I just can't get over how soft his hands are! They're like, abnormally soft. I grabbed a tray and handed it to him. He blushed slightly, took it and said thank you. I grabed one for myself and headed down the line. 'let's see here.. they have a turkey wrap, my favorite, salad, broccoli, and maccaroni-and-cheese.They knew that I wanted this today, didn't they? Mind reading lunch ladies, YOU RULE!!' I thought. After I payed for my lunch, I walked over to an empty table and sat down. Key sat down next to me and OMYGOD his leg brushed against mine. I have no idea if he did that on purpose to just tease me or if it was by accident. But ether way, HIS LEG TOUCHED MINE!! omgomgomg. ok, ok, calm down. breathe. We just sat there in uncomfortable silence for a couple of minutes. Until he finally spoke up.

*clears his throught* "So, umm..  what's your favorite animal?" ha asked, trying to break the ice.

"Umm.. I have to say a frog, how about you?" I replied.

"I like frogs too!" he said with enthusiasm. And it just went on like that for a while.

______________________________________________________________________________

Key's POV

"If you could go anywhere, to live there for the rest of your life, were would it be?" I asked. We've been asking each other questions for a while now. I've learned a lot about her. For instance, her favorite animal is a frog, her favorite color is yellow, and she's lived in this area her whole life.

"Korea. Definitely," she said immediately,

"Why Korea?" I asked.

"I don't know, I just like the culture, people, and food. Were would you live for the rest of your life?" She replied.

"Uhh.. I would like to stay in America."

"Why America?"

"For the same reasons you like about Korea, the culture, people, and food." Just as I said that, the bell rang and we put up our trays.

"Hey, Nicole, I think I need to tell you something," I said unrepentantly. Oh Shisus, what am I doing?

"Yes Key?" She turned around said with wide, innocent eyes.

Oh Shisus, I'm really going to say it, but what if she rejects me? I mean, we only met yesterday. What if she doesn't like me? What if she thinks of me as just a friend?

"Nicole, you have to promise that what i'm about to say won't change our relation ship if you don't approve," I said, my voice almost cracking.

"I promise" she said quietly.

I'm really scared, nervous, and about every synonym/antonym that's in the dictionary. Dash it all! Throw caution to the wind! I can't believe i'm really going to say it. Ok, on the count of three... 1....2...2 and 1/2......

"Nicole, I know that we only just met yesterday, but....' I gulped. Her expression was getting more and more curious.

...3

"I love you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: MWUUUUUAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! Cliff hanger much! OH THE FLUFFINESS!!! I promised my freind that I would make this a NiKey fluff chapter. And DivaKey, I refuse to make another chapter until Thursday, no matter how much you beg, annoy, or distract me. I REFUSE. So anyway, I personally like this chapter because Key is so confused with his feelings. I'm at my aunt's house so it's kind of hard to write with her head craining over my laptop at ALL. TIMES.  She even asked several times what I was talking about in my story. I told her that they are just people that I made up. She believed me. At least I think she believed me. I'll see you all on Thursday!!

Comment! Subscribe! TELL YOUR FRIENDS!! *skittles away*