Chapter 7: Day Two Part Two

Through Crystalline Skies

Hayley's POV

Uh-oh. Her first kiss?

"Jinjja?" I ask nervously. She blushes and nods her head, her eyes looking anywhere but at me. "Mianhe-yo, Unnie. I didn't mean to take your first kiss." I didn't even do anything on purpose, but I still feel bad.

"No, it's okay. I don't care as long as you feel better."

"Then why did you bring it up?" Oops. That damn question escapes my lips before I have a chance to stop it. She turns a deeper shade of red and looks at the floor.

"I-I di-didn't mean to bring it up." She says and I notice her fidgeting with her fingers much like a child would after they were scolded.

"N-no. S-sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I can't control what comes out of my mouth sometimes." I admit, scratching the back of my neck.

"This is awkward."

"It is."

"Let's start over. Hi, I'm Kim Hyoyeon." She bows lightly with a small smile.

"Hi, I'm Hayley Smith." I smile and return the bow.

"How old are you, Ms. Smith?" I laugh.

"Unnie~ I don't wanna repeat everything I said yesterday." She smiles.

"Very well then. I was actually going to tell you that I was going out and I'd be home late." I felt a little disappointed, but it's understandable. She's an adult on vacation, she can do what she likes.

"Ne! Where are you going, Unnie?"

"A place where children aren't allowed." I narrow my eyes at her.

"Does this place involve se-" Her hand clamps over my mouth and I let out a muffled laugh.

"YAH! Forget being Sunny and Sooyoung's child, you should be ByunTaeng's kid. Switch places with Seohyun." I pull her hand away from my face and laugh.

"Let me rephrase the question. Are you going to a club?"

"What do you think goes on in clubs?" She gives me a questioning look.

"Sensational dancing, right? I've never gone to a club before, but in those dance movies, people dominate the dance floor." Her face reddens and she coughs awkwardly. A sudden need to mess with her bubbles up from within me and leaves the surface in a burst of flirtatious behavior. I lean in and feel my lips brush her ear. "." She tenses visibly and her ear warms slightly against my bottom lip.

"Taeyeon-ah." She says in a whisper. I turn around and find a wide-eyed kid leader standing in the kitchen doorway.

"Did I interrupt something?" She smirks and I shuffle away from a stiff Hyoyeon Unnie. I smile and shake my head.

"I was just messing with her." I turn to Hyoyeon Unnie and pinch her cheek. "She's cute when she blushes." Her head snaps in my direction and she grabs my hand, pulling it away from her face.

"Uhh...I..I'm gonna get going. I'll see you two later." She runs out and nearly trips on the pile of shoes at the door. I turn to Taeyeon Unnie and she shrugs.

"Was it something I said?" I ask.

"I don't know. Speaking of, what were you doing when I came in? You two looked awfully close." She says as she opens a bottled water.

"I'm not entirely sure myself. We were talking about what happened yesterday and decided to start over because we were a bit awkward with each other. We were having a discussion about clubs and Unnie got embarrassed so I decided to ." 

"Maybe a little too much." She says before drinking half of the bottled water in one go. I shrug and look over at her again.

"Someone's thirsty." I say, finishing up my previous task of washing dishes. She rolls up her sleeves and starts helping me.

"Fany's acting weird."

"Weird?" She rinses a plate and turns to me.

"Touchy." She says, her cheeks turning red. I nod with a smile and give her a playful nudge.

"That's good, right?"

"I don't know." She mumbles.

"Unnie, she's letting you know that she's interested."

"Is she?"

"I'll help you then." She nearly drops the sud covered dish in her hand. "Whoa! Unnie, be careful. You could hurt yourself." Wait. This could work. It's such a terribly cliché concept that it could actually serve a purpose! "That's it!" I exclaim and grab the dish, smashing it on the floor and shoving Taeyeon Unnie beside it.

"OW! WHAT THE HELL!?" I keep my eyes locked on the fresh cut oozing blood on her thigh that was caused by the shards of porcelain on the floor. It isn't deep at all, but the mere presence of that thick crimson liquid makes me nervous.

"I'm so sorry!" I whispered at a volume that could hardly be referred to as a whisper. I squat beside her and try to help her up. This is not going according to plan.

"OH MY GOD! TAETAE!" I feel a smile crawl its way onto my face and do my best to restrain it. Someone shoves me aside and I feel a burning sensation rip through my left hand. I wince and let out a hiss at the piece of broken porcelain embedded deep within my aching flesh. As according to the original plan, Tiffany Unnie is so worried that anyone would have sworn Taeyeon Unnie had been thrown off of the roof instead of getting a slight scratch from a broken plate. Tiffany Unnie helps Taeyeon Unnie out of the kitchen and into what I presume would be the bathroom since that's where the first aid kit is located. I hiss once more and lift my left hand up to my face. 

"Not cool." I whisper to myself as I examine the throbbing area where blood is pooling in my palm.

"Omo! What happened!? Are you okay?" Sunny Unnie comes running in and kneels beside me. The expression on her face is nearly identical to the one my mother had on every time I fell or underwent a treatment. My chest aches in a way due to the fact that I probably won't get to see my mother a lot when I return. She examines my hand and gently pulls at the porcelain lodged in the sensitive area that is the palm of my left hand. I let out a strained groan and pain shoots  through every nerve in my body.

"Ow." I whimper pathetically.

"Sorry." She says while trying to ease the pain by distracting me. "I don't think I can pull this out on my own. We might need to go to a hospital." Great. I'm finally out of the hospital and now I have to go back to one in South Korea. "Can you stand up?" I nodded, in a pained breath and maneuvering my body into a standing position. The next thing I know, I'm sitting in a hospital room with Sunny Unnie and Sooyoung Unnie sitting beside me while my hand is being bandaged. It seems that it wasn't as deep as it felt, but it was jagged which made it nearly impossible to remove without anesthetic and the strategic hands of a doctor. 

"Honestly. How did you manage to do this?" Sooyoung Unnie says on our way back to the car. It's been hours since we got to the hospital. I feel bad that they had to spend their day with me in a hospital room.

"I wanted Tiffany Unnie and Taeyeon Unnie to get together."

"Eh?" Sunny Unnie responds, unlocking the car and opening the door on the driver's side.

"They're obviously in love with each other. It's frustrating that no one is making a move yet, so I wanted to give them a little push."

"By hurting yourself?" Sooyoung Unnie asks, sitting in the passenger's side. I get in the car and wait for the rumble of the starting engine before responding.

"No, by making Tiffany Unnie worry about Taeyeon Unnie."

"What?"

"I smashed the plate and pushed Taeyeon Unnie so it would look like she fell while holding the plate or something, but the problem is, she actually got hurt."

"WWWHHHHHAAAT!?"

"Relax, Umma! Let me finish!"

"Fine. Continue."

"It's nothing serious; just a scratch, but Tiffany Unnie was acting like Taeyeon Unnie was a hemophiliac who got stabbed in the chest. Hopefully, something good happened while they were cleaning the cut."

"It better have if my baby got hurt for it." Sunny Unnie says at a stoplight.

"Mwo? How could you say Taeyeon is your baby!?" Sooyoung Unnie exclaims angrily.

"Not Taeyeon, pabo. Hayley is my baby; our baby!"

"Oh." I chuckle to myself. This is going to be fun.

Tiffany POV

I rush Taeyeon to the bathroom and sit her down on the shut toilet seat. "How did you manage this?" I ask, reaching for the first aid kit under the sink.

"It was an accident. I was washing dishes and tripped over my own feet." She says while rubbing the back of her neck.

"That sounds like something I would do, Tae. Please be more careful." I dab a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol on the cut and her body tenses up. I blow on it gently, hoping to stop it from stinging. "I'm sorry. Does it still hurt?" She doesn't say anything, so I glance up. Her hands cup my face and I stop cleaning the small cut. She pulls my face toward hers and I immediately feel my own heat up.

"Fany, I'm really sorry for what I'm about to do." Her breath tickles my lips.

"W-what are y-" I feel her lips against mine and my mind goes blank. My body acts of its own accord and responds to the kiss,my hands letting go of the cotton ball and coming to rest on her waist. I feel my legs cramping from being in my squatting position for too long, but I couldn't care less. I don't want to pull away, but again, my body moves on its own and separates her lips from mine to take in a much needed breath. "W-wow." I gasp.

"Y-yeah" She stutters. "Listen, Fany-ah. Umm...I...I've uhh...I love you. No, not love you...uhh...I'm in love with you and I k-know y-you might t-think I'm weird, b-but-" I press my lips against hers again, a little too eager to taste them once more. She responds and soon, I'm sitting on her lap with her arms around my waist. I want to go further, but I stop myself. It isn't right to rush this.

"Tae, I love you, too." I say after pulling away from the kiss. She rests her forehead against mine and pecks me once more.

"Be mine, Fany. Be my girlfriend." I nod and connect our lips again. I hear a noise and break the kiss to see what it was that made the sound. My face heats up when I lock eyes with our newest maknae.

"Oh. Oops. My bad. I'll just umm...yeah okay...bye." She ran into the living room with a little squeal. Seconds later, my heart jumped at the sound similar to a stampede.

"It's true! TaeNy is sooooooo real!!!" All 7 girls run inside and start squealing and teasing us. I bury my face into the crook of Taeyeon's neck in order to ease the embarrassment of being caught on my girlfriend's lap. Hmm...girlfriend. I really like the sound of that.

------------------

A/N: Sorry I took so long to update and even then, the update isn't very good. I've been a bit busy lately. Thank you for reading and please leave a comment.

On a side note: MAY THE WHO KILLED 27 CHILDREN AND TEACHERS AT AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL IN NEWTOWN, CONNECTICUT ROAST IN HELL AND HAVE HIS REMOVED FROM HIS BODY THROUGH HIS THROAT! I'm really shocked. It makes no sense to kill innocent and defenseless children. I really hope that this isn't what the world has come to. Though they probably won't see this, my sincerest apologies to anyone who was there or has family who was put through that horrible experience.