Chapter Four: Singapore

Game

Sorry for the long long long long wait ;___; I admit that I was distracted and lazy dksfjghldfhghdf. I apologize to you all T__T

I started a new DaeJong fic and I've written a few chapters during this hiatus-like period of time... I can post the foreword if you want, just tell me in the comments! It's somehow a one-side love, angst kind of fic and it's not that romantic lol. Something about... spy and biohazard? Okay if I contine I'll spoil the story :x

Enjoy this longly awaited chapter ;__; and once again, SORRYYYY T______T


“Aish where did they go, seriously.” I said to Youngjae on the phone as I organized my stuff and prepare to leave tomorrow.

“Did they go get a room for themselves? Haha.” Youngjae answered playfully.
 
“Nooooo my innocent ears.” I frowned at my friend’s sentence.
 
“You interpreted it in the wrong way okay? It’s you, not me!” He chuckled, “Gotta hang up, my mum is nagging me. Bye!”
 
“Bye…” I hung up, feeling lonely again. I finished folding my clothes and put them all into my suitcase, leaving one set for tomorrow. ‘She should be thankful that I didn’t blow up the room. I’m a good boy, humph!’
 
---
 
You collected the laundry from the shop downstairs and Himchan bought you back to the hotel room. The two of you walked along the corridor and he slowly turned his face you, still holding your hand tightly.
 
“This feels like sending you home after a date when you’re young.” He smiled slyly, “Remember when you used to be really scared about your parents knowing about us? You were a very timid university student.” He chuckled.
 
“That’s because I’m a good girl!” You chuckled too. “My parents aren’t even strict to be quite honest.”
 
“They’re super nice okay!” He added. “But… I still can’t believe you’re mine.” You were a bit shocked by his bluntness and immediately coloured.
 
“Aigoo someone’s shy.” He gently your cheeks with his thumb. You pushed him way and face-palmed. ‘Why does he give me so much feelings…’
 
You arrived at your door and stopped. Himchan turned to you and embraced you, which made you smile. He suddenly pulled away from you and plunged his lips into yours before you returned the kiss and smiled. He whispered numerous ‘I love you’ into your ears after you broke the kiss and pulled you for another hug. “I love you too, Himchan.” You replied.
 
After the goodbye kiss, he decided to leave you here and go back to his room. He insisted not to tell you his room number because he wanted you to look after Junhong. You opened the door quietly and entered, turning back your head to look at your husband’s beautiful face again. ‘I can’t believe you’re mine either…’ A voice whispered in your heart. You pushed the door close and drowned into your own world filled with sweetness and greasiness. It took you 30 seconds to wake up and you took a shower after packing up your things.
 
Next morning, you sent your nephew back to Seoul after a heart-warming hug and fiddled your boarding pass to the plane to Singapore in your hands.
 
---
 
I stepped out of the plane, immediately feeling the hot, moist, tropical air of Singapore. The feeling was very different from Seoul but I liked it. Wearing a black wife beater, a cap and a pair of chic sunglasses, I walked out of the arrival area ‘like a boss’, pulling along my suitcase. I grinned and thanked Himchan in my heart. I then switched back on my cellphone and checked the time.
 
‘It’s about 10am, so it means she’ll arrive in less than an hour.’ I did some mental maths as I walked around to look for some cold drinks to cool my body down. I ended up grabbing some soft drinks and sat somewhere easy for her to spot.
 
I finished the novel I’d been reading on the plane and put it in my bag. Before I took out another book to read, I spotted a familiar figure wandering around the arrival area.
 
“Hey you!” I shouted, smiled and waved to my good friend, or now, my best friend’s wife. The three of us were really close friends in university and she ended up dating that cheesy guy, making me the third wheel whenever we hung out together. I still couldn’t get used to the change of title. To be honest, I just got used to her being Himchan’s girlfriend. Who knew they’d get married so early… Nonetheless, this change of title made it extremely awkward for me to have any type, even friendly, of skinship with her. I felt weird even patting her shoulders…
 
“Gukkie!” She sang happily and hastened towards me, pulling her suitcase clumsily, as she always was; and I couldn’t help but sigh when she nearly tripped over her own shoes. ‘She never change.’
 
“Welcomeeeeee to Shhhhhingaporeeee!” I said with a heavy Korean accent on purpose, and stretched my arms widely to both sides. She giggled and called me an idiot. “You two are so similar. So stupid, you know?”
 
Hell no. How would I be similar to that Mr Kim? I immediately stood up to threaten her, but then broke into laughter. “But you married him.” I softened and grinned.
 
“He loves me. You don’t! Of course I’ll marry him.”
 
“Who know?” I smirked, earning a ‘violent’ push on my chest. I pretended to tumble backwards, “Maybe you chose him only because he’s handsome, then, as you claimed the two of us similar.”
 
“Shut up! No! But seriously look at yourself, the mental age of both of you stubbornly remain at a 5 year old level.”
 
We both laughed and started walk to the taxi station while I continued making fun of and teasing her. She occasionally tossed back her head to keep tears, formed because of excessive laughter, from flowing down. We hired a taxi to go to the hotel. On the way, we laughed a lot and kept each other updated on our lives, as well as talking about the good old times we’d share few years ago. Of course, she told me about the whole Hong Kong trip she had. I knew Himchan was a greasy guy, but wow. ‘I respect you, Kim Himchan. You did a great job as a… husband, haha.’
 
“How did you find him at first?” I asked, stepping into the lift.
 
“He left hints in the room…” She answered, playing with the room key card, received from the counter earlier, with her slender fingers.
 
“He booked the room beforehand?”
 
“Yeah, including this.” She said when we stepped out of the lift together, smiling. ‘What a lucky wife.’ I thought as I shook my head gently, walking behind her.
 
---
 
We kept searching for hints around the room. Yongguk was tired and impatient only after a few minutes but at least he helped… He ‘retreated’ into the bathroom and told me he wanted to take a bath, when I heard him swear as soon as he opened the door.
 
“God damn it HIMCHAN!” He yelled loudly, like the times when we’re in university.
 
I hurried to the bathroom and peeked in. Yongguk’s mouth was half-opened and he gave me a “-your-husband” kind of stare. “Don’t give me that look okay.” I said, somehow guiltily. It was like university life again, except that it’s now Himchan causing troubles instead of Yongguk.
 
“Check this out yourself.” He pointed to the front… The bathtub was filled with uncountable rubber ducks.
 
“What the hell…” I murmured silently.
 
I got myself a huge plastic bag and the two of us squatted besides the bathtub, taking out the rubber ducks one by one, checking them, and toss them into the bag.
 
“What if he wanted us to count them…” Yongguk asked with a frustrated expression, not even looking at me.
 
“I’ll high five him,” I squeezed a rubber duck violently, creating a high-pitched squeak, “on the face,” I squeezed another one with my free hand, “WITH A FREAKING CHAIR!” I yelled at the bathtub and threw the two innocent victims onto the floor before they created some guilty-like squeaks as the hit the floor. Yongguk laughed, and I followed.
 
“ yeah!” He suddenly exclaimed proudly.
 
“What?” I immediately stood up and almost leaped at him.
 
“11:00am!” He shouted, as if I was deaf. “But… where are we going?”
 
“Aish you didn’t know?”
 
“Well, I can claim that I know if you want but in reality I don’t.” He said, still pretending to be smart.
 
“Duck tour, idiot!” I laughed as I playfully threw a rubber duck towards him, hitting him right on the head. He slowly widened his eyes, trying to look scary, then quickly threw one towards me. I dodged and took revenge on that sudden attack. After a series of attacks, we took care of Himchan’s mess and prepared for the next day.
 
---
 
I ordered myself a cup of caramel macchiato from a café nearby and casually wandered in the streets as I savour its sweetness. As I walked towards the coast, I agonized whether to bring my wife and best friend to Sentosa or the zoo… “The zoo seemed childish and I was sure Yongguk will be bored, so Sentosa should be a better choice.” I murmured to myself.
 
“I might as well drive Yongguk away for a while and arrange something romantic for you!” I subconsciously let out a giggle but I didn’t care, there weren’t many people on the streets anyway.
 
---
 
We arrived at Suntec Galleria 30 minutes before our ride and took our boarding pass. We were given a duck beak-shaped whistle and we played with it until it was boarding time.
 
Before we knew it, we were on the amphibious bus and were ready to splash into the water, beginning our tour around Singapore. I kept taking pictures of the scenery with my camera and pointed everywhere to show Yongguk things I found amusing. However, it seemed to me that he found my actions more amusing. I ignored his comment and continued enjoying my trip, while he casually looked around, occasionally taking snapshots from his phone.
 
“Who’s that?” He tapped my shoulder and pointed to his phone screen. I leaned towards him to have a look.
 
“That-” Before I could finish my sentence, somebody shouted at us from the shore.
 
“I’ve found you again!” His loud voice speaking in Korean captured the attention of the two of us.
 
“The person in the photo…” I sighed.
 
“Hey that’s not fair! You planned our routes!” Yongguk shouted back, not caring about other people who were staring at us all this time.
 
“You could’ve spotted me first, Bang! Admit it, you lost! Mehrong~” Himchan stuck out his tongue at us and waved goodbye before he ran away, shouting his last sentence. “I’ll see you later back at Suntec!”
 
---
 
After the fun day touring around Singapore as the original trio, Yongguk dragged Himchan into our hotel room and stuffed his head into the bag of rubber ducks. All I could do was… laugh.

I hope you liked this chapter ;________;
I'll update as soon as possible ><

Comment and subscribe! And if you have time, please check out my other stories! I've so far written and fluffy DaeJae oneshot and a Yongguk oneshot c: