Chapter One: Let the game begin

Game

You’re on a plane and it would be departing in a few minutes. ‘Hong Kong, where in Hong Kong will I find him?’ You had no idea where to start with, but it’s good to travel anyway. Who cares about the “game”? You smirked, but deep inside, the thought of finally seeing your husband after such a long time actually gave you butterflies in your tummy. You’re slowly immersed into your own imagination of the trip, and fell asleep soon after the plane took off. Probably it’s because you didn’t really sleep well yesterday night. ‘It’s all Kim Himchan’s fault, huh.’

 
You dreamt about your wedding a month ago; the little white church, flowers, smiles, champagne; the dream wedding of most girls… until someone slapped onto your shoulders real hard.
 
“Noona!” a familiar voice freaked you out and you regained consciousness.
 
“Junhong?” you yelped. (You immediately checked your face on your cellphone screen and were relieved that you didn’t drool.) He signaled you to keep your volume down. “W-why are you here?” you asked, surprised by his presence. “To help you with the game, of course.” he chuckled, and went back to his seat after being nagged by an old flight attendance, whom he made a face behind afterwards. You smiled. It’s a good thing to have a companion.
 
Choi Junhong, Himchan’s nephew, who’s about to start his first year in high school next year. Since Himchan and you started to date a few years ago, you two brought him out to the city to have fun whenever he’s one holiday; he was like your little brother. He is really close to the two of you and has always turned back to you when anything happens. Sometimes, even his mother will be jealous of your close relationship.
 
‘Kim Himchan, you really got things planned.’ you can’t help but smile stupidly. You stopped daydreaming when you finally landed your eyes on the beautiful scenery below - Hong Kong. Sparkling skyscrapers were as abundant as grass, and the beautiful landscape had you enchanted. (click for photo)
 
Junhong helped you to get your bags from the partition above your seat on the plane and walked together with you, like siblings. You followed the instructions given to Junhong by Himchan, and it’s about 9pm when you entered the sparkling and shimmering city by bus. Although it’s getting late, the size of the crowds only grew, and the number of shops opened only increased.
 
---
 
After taking a deep breath, you inserted the hotel card in the slot and pulled it out, unlocking the door in front of you. You and Junhong entered the room, and he nearly stepped onto a piece of paper on the ground.
 
There are 10 underlines on the paper a line saying “6pm” beneath. You flipped the paper and saw a line scribbled in Himchan’s writing.
 
Find the 10 alphabets in this room ;) - the love of your life
 
Junhong sighed, “Hyung is so childish and cheesy, ugh. What was he thinking when he drew the wink face.” You gave him a death glare and held back your laughter, “I thought you’re here to help?” He pouted, unwillingly put down his things and followed your order. “You’re such a cutie,” you said and chuckled, “I was acting, sorry, haha. But we have to find those alphabets anyway.” “Humph!” Junhong replied without even looking at you.
 
“Oh here’s one!” “I’ve found one too!” “This is a good start!” you said to encourage this little boy. In 15 minutes, the two of you found all 10 alphabets, with the last one found almost inside the toilet bowl. ‘This idiot…’
 
You both sat on one of the beds and spread the pieces of paper in order, trying to figure out the word. Junhong kept yawning even if you smacked him on the head, telling him to use his brain too. He eventually crawled onto the other bed and fell asleep.
 
‘S, E, R, H, P, I, E, M, H, E… ephemeris? Wait no…’ you tilted your head. With a piece of paper in your hands, you scribbled a list of words that might be the answer.
 
“Hemisphere? Hemisphere! Bingo!” you asked, purposely louder than usual so that you can wake the little sleeping prince. “What does he mean by hemisphere?” you said. Junhong woke up and came over, took the piece of paper and scratched his head while letting out another yawn. “Wait a sec.” he started unpacking his luggage, throwing everything, including clothes, underwear and random items out of the suitcase. You scowled and turned away from the chaos he’s creating, decided to unpack your stuff as well. Suddenly, he held a book right in front of your face from behind, pointing at a picture of a building having the shape of a hemisphere. You startled and seized the book before turning 180 degrees so that you face the proud grinning boy. (click for photo)
 
“Space museum,” You started to read from the book, “Situated in Tsim Sha Tsui, in front of the famous Victoria Harbour. That’s close, isn’t it?” you asked the boy. “Whether close or not, we’re going there tomorrow anyway, we must catch Himchannie hyung and win the game!” he said excitedly.
 
‘Wow, he is more ambitious than me.’ You giggled as he made two victory signs and grinned. “Calm down you little.”
 
After taking a shower and chatting for a while, the two of you prepared your schedule for tomorrow and slept soon.
 
---
 
A man unlocked the door and sneaked into the hotel room at 3am. He tiptoed towards you bed and planted a kiss on your forehead.
 
“Babo.” He whispered, and pulled up the blankets for you so that you won’t catch a cold. After fixing your stray hair, he turned to Junhong and pulled up his blanket as well. “Thanks kiddo, for taking care of my baby.” He whispered again. After looking at you again, he left the room quietly.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
firstly, thank you for the subscribers for supporting me even my foreword was really lame. i love you guys ^__^
 
secondly, SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG ;___; i was actually having my finals when i started this story so forgive me :c i hope you liked the first chapter though ^__^ i decided to switch to the 2nd person after writing a few paragraphs so the story will be not be written in 1st person unlike the foreword... i hope you don't mind!
 
i'll update soon! byebye<3